I want to understand the Catholic faith so....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sydlit

The Catholics in trying to appease those who reject Jesus, has made Mary equal to God.

Its Mary the Catholics go to for everything they want. Its Mary who can and will override what God says. The Catholics actually believe God has to do everything Mary says because Mary is the Mother of God and everybody knows you have to obey your Mother.

If God says no to the Catholics, they know they can go to Mary who will make God say yes.
epostle said this in #1348, so let's see if he's willing to comply with his own rules:
#1348-->'I can't help but believe that you won't answer the following (even though I've chased you around the forum with it) is because it backs you, and your "church", right into a theological corner'<--

Ok, epostle, pls answer this:
You say that you don't 'worship' the catholic mary,
that you only venerate the catholic mary.
You say that you don't pray to the catholic mary,
that you only ask the catholic mary to pray for you,
similar to asking a friend or loved one to pray for you.
Correct?! Correct. You have said so, so no need to go back.
Now, if YOU ask the catholic mary to pray for you,
and 3000 miles away, I ask the catholic mary to pray for me,
and in England someone else asks, and in Italy, same thing,
and all around the world, thousands are asking the catholic mary
to pray for them, many simultaneously, and in succession,
everyday and all day long, MY Question is :
-HOW can the catholic mary hear all those
requests, simultaneously and orderly,
and deliver all those requests in a timely
and orderly fashion?
Wouldn't the catholic mary
HAVE TO BE GOD?!

◆Omniscience-(All-knowing)
◆Omnipresence-(Everywhere at the same time)
●Attributes of ... Who?!

Feb 26, 2015
The Catholics have been deceived by their hard Hearts and Satan to worship Mary as their god. Catholics do not want the Truth. Catholics do not want God. They want a god that will do what they want and Mary is the god they have chosen to worship.

Mary does not and never had Omnipresence or Omniscience! Only God has these, not God and Mary.

S

sydlit

The Catholics have been deceived by their hard Hearts and Satan to worship Mary as their god. Catholics do not want the Truth. Catholics do not want God. They want a god that will do what they want and Mary is the god they have chosen to worship.

Mary does not and never had Omnipresence or Omniscience! Only God has these, not God and Mary.
That's what I was suggesting in my post above yours. I apologize if I didn't make that clear. When I said 'Attributes of Who?', the answer was implied, God, of course.

HQ

Jan 26, 2014

I don't agree that Catholics have hardened hearts (at least most of them). I grew up Catholic and I really only knew what I was taught. And of course I accepted it all because I figured 'why would they lie to me?' Well in their minds they were doing the Lord's work. Fortunately for me I had some friends that encouraged me to join their bible study group and after a couple of months the light bulb finally went on and I understood what salvation was all about - how it is obtained, who it's all about and why it is necessay.

So as frustrating as it may be to dialogue with Catholics know that you have the opportunity to change lives forever with just a little patience and understanding.

S

sydlit

I don't agree that Catholics have hardened hearts (at least most of them). I grew up Catholic and I really only knew what I was taught. And of course I accepted it all because I figured 'why would they lie to me?' Well in their minds they were doing the Lord's work. Fortunately for me I had some friends that encouraged me to join their bible study group and after a couple of months the light bulb finally went on and I understood what salvation was all about - how it is obtained, who it's all about and why it is necessay.

So as frustrating as it may be to dialogue with Catholics know that you have the opportunity to change lives forever with just a little patience and understanding.
You're right to one extent, I got nowhere arguing with someone VERY near and dear to me, then it was pointed out to me that I don't make a very good Holy Ghost, and I should let Him be who He is and do what He does, while I learn what it means to grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus. For me, that's a full time job in itself, and I'm often struggling to get it right. I can see the difference, and am grateful for God's long-suffering towards me/us. But I think the statement about hardened-hearts is more about their being deceived than a deliberate hardening of the heart. And there's a diff between the average church goer, and those who instruct others in that religion, which is where my frustration sets, but it's harder to find place to discuss with the clergy, so the dialogue goes to the parishioner/friend/family member, and they tend to naturally defend what they know, and animosity can arise. Remembering just how deep, and deadly, that deception can be can go a long way in tempering the anger that can arise when trying to expose and correct lies being told about our Saviour and the bible and all that involves. It may be why some of the battles get even more heated in this format, bc the ppl don't really know each other, and without being in person, there's less emotional attachment, so the sword of truth can be wielded more freely, (but lying arrows fly as well)
But thanks for the reminder that it's real ppl we're dealing with,
And we're all just sinners saved the same way, by grace, through faith in Jesus, and that is the gift of God. God bless you.

valiant

Mar 22, 2015
here are a few:

growth of RC doctrine (some dates are approximate)
1 . Prayers for the dead . …………-------------------……300 A.D.

2. Making the sign of the cross ………………………… …300 A.D.
3. Veneration of angels & dead saints …………---------…….375 A.D.
4. Use of images in worship………………………………… . 375 A.D.
5. The Mass as a daily celebration……………………………… 394 A.D.

6. Beginning of the exaltation of Mary; the term, "Mother of God" applied a Council of Ephesus………431 A.D.
7. Extreme Unction (Last Rites)……………………………… ..526 A.D.
8. Doctrine of Purgatory-Gregory 1…………………………… .593 A.D..
9. Prayers to Mary & dead saints ……………………………… .600 A.D.
10. Worship of cross, images & relics ……………………… … 786 A.D.
11 Canonization of dead saints ………………………………… ..995 A.D.

12. Celibacy of priesthood …………………………………… …1079 A.D.
13. The Rosary ……………………………………………… … 1090 A.D.
14. Indulgences ……………………………………………… …..1190 A.D.
15. Transubstantiation-Innocent III …………………………… 1215 A.D.

16. Auricular Confession of sins to a priest …………………… 1215 A.D.
17. Adoration of the wafer (Host)…………………………… .. 1220 A.D.
18. Cup forbidden to the people at communion …………………..1414 A.D.

19. Purgatory proclaimed as a dogma……………………………..1439 A.D.
20. The doctrine of the Seven Sacraments confirmed …………….1439 A.D.
21 Tradition declared of equal authority with Bible by Council of Trent………………… 1545 A.D.

22. Apocryphal books added to Bible ………------------……….1546 A.D.
23. Immaculate Conception of Mary……………………………….1854 A.D.
24, Infallibility of the pope in matters of faith and morals,proclaimed by the Vatican Council ……………… 1870 A.D.
25. Assumption of the Virgin Mary (bodily ascension into heaven shortly after her death) ……………1950 A.D.
26. Mary proclaimed Mother of the Church……………………… 1965 A.D.

Last edited:
J

jaybird88

here are a few:

growth of RC doctrine (some dates are approximate)
1 . Prayers for the dead . …………-------------------……300 A.D.

2. Making the sign of the cross ………………………… …300 A.D.
3. Veneration of angels & dead saints …………---------…….375 A.D.
4. Use of images in worship………………………………… . 375 A.D.
5. The Mass as a daily celebration……………………………… 394 A.D.

6. Beginning of the exaltation of Mary; the term, "Mother of God" applied a Council of Ephesus………431 A.D.
7. Extreme Unction (Last Rites)……………………………… ..526 A.D.
8. Doctrine of Purgatory-Gregory 1…………………………… .593 A.D..
9. Prayers to Mary & dead saints ……………………………… .600 A.D.
10. Worship of cross, images & relics ……………………… … 786 A.D.
11 Canonization of dead saints ………………………………… ..995 A.D.

12. Celibacy of priesthood …………………………………… …1079 A.D.
13. The Rosary ……………………………………………… … 1090 A.D.
14. Indulgences ……………………………………………… …..1190 A.D.
15. Transubstantiation-Innocent III …………………………… 1215 A.D.

16. Auricular Confession of sins to a priest …………………… 1215 A.D.
17. Adoration of the wafer (Host)…………………………… .. 1220 A.D.
18. Cup forbidden to the people at communion …………………..1414 A.D.

19. Purgatory proclaimed as a dogma……………………………..1439 A.D.
20. The doctrine of the Seven Sacraments confirmed …………….1439 A.D.
21 Tradition declared of equal authority with Bible by Council of Trent………………… 1545 A.D.

22. Apocryphal books added to Bible ………------------……….1546 A.D.
23. Immaculate Conception of Mary……………………………….1854 A.D.
24, Infallibility of the pope in matters of faith and morals,proclaimed by the Vatican Council ……………… 1870 A.D.
25. Assumption of the Virgin Mary (bodily ascension into heaven shortly after her death) ……………1950 A.D.
26. Mary proclaimed Mother of the Church……………………… 1965 A.D.
many of these doctrines here are long before the church became Roman catholic. many of these were doctrines of the Christian church. a very corrupted church.

CS1

May 23, 2012
it appears this tread was not a question about one wanting to know or hear what other think about the RCC but it was use to trap those who will speak as to why they have issues Doctrinally with the RCC. The Originator of this post was not sincere in his question but used it to bait people. I think it has run it's course

Status
Not open for further replies.