I Will Bless Those Who Always Observe The Sabbath And Do Not Misuse It. I Will Bless Those Who Do Nothing Evil.”

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
1The LORD says to his people, “Do what is just and right, for soon I will save you. 2I will bless those who always observe the Sabbath and do not misuse it. I will bless those who do nothing evil.”
intentionally innacurate translation.

It does not say 'always observe sabbath' - it says keep from defiling it, and it explains explicitly how:
keep justice, and do righteousness.

That has nothing to do with ritual inactivity

Is this not the fast that I have chosen: to loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, to let the oppressed go free, and that you break every yoke?
(Isaiah 58:6)​

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
Would you be observing the Sabbath if you had a one day a week fast.

my observation of when the father rested on the seventh day,

Is in regards of remembrance of all he had accomplished to enjoy his creation.

I do a one day a week fast.

So I'm a seven day faster.
An SDF

And I look back on all I have ate and enjoyed all week.

Then I'm thankful. 😊

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
does the Father rest once a week or did He rest only once, His works being finished? or does He rest always?

:unsure:

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
does the Father rest once a week or did He rest only once, His works being finished? or does He rest always?

Not sure if your just playing well by that I mean we know where God is there is no day or night no weeks no months no years.. there is no time like we know time. Would seem He set an example maybe..

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Not sure if your just playing well by that I mean we know where God is there is no day or night no weeks no months no years.. there is no time like we know time. Would seem He set an example maybe..
which makes it incredibly profound to say "He rested" on a certain "day" right???

If we forget that He is eternal and unchanging and outside of time, then it seems ordinary, but it's not. not at all. it's inexplicable!

also Christ once said in His defense when He was working on the sabbath, that "My Father is always working, to this day, and I am also working" - so the Father is working on sabbath days? right?

what is the example to us then?
to cease from all work? or to cease only from working for ourselves, and instead to join Him in His work?

there is way more to talk about than 'go to an organized church ceremony on Saturday instead of Sunday, OR ELSE!! '

I'd love if just for once one of these threads could actually be edifying

Grace911

Nov 11, 2018
Jesus died in 31 AD.

Holy Spirit given at Pentecost.

There is no salvation except repenting of sin,

Baptism in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit

Accompanied with speaking in tongues.

If you lived and died without this, before 31 AD, maybe you will meet Jesus at the great white throne judgment and have the opportunity then.

We are so blessed to be living at this time, at these end times.

What is the definition of sin?

What happens if you never speak in tongues?

Or if you die before being baptized?

And again, what if you never had the opportunity to know Jesus?

God said He never changes. Jesus is the same past, present, future.

Why so much changing of times and laws?

Will Jesus return a second time and be our King on earth or will all the saints be in heaven?

Who is Jesus’ bride?

If you lived before Jesus, can you also be His bride?

Will King David be raised up since he spoke much about salvation/Yeshua?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011

Jesus Yeshua declared on a Sabbath, "My Father works, and so must I." So it is for all who believe, but you already know this. God bless you.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
Or if you die before being baptized? What happens if you never speak in tongues?

Or if you die before being baptized?
And this is the famous Divisive 'trio' that Confuses so many:

not baptized = not saved?

no tongues = no 'evidence of the Holy Ghost' = not saved?

not observant of sabbath = 'not in the true remnant' = not saved?

These 'biting and devouring' judgments against others are a
Very L-o-o-o-o-o-n-g way from:

The True Gospel Of Grace, God's Simple Will, eh?

Amen.

rstrats

Aug 28, 2011
[QUOTE="ResidentAlien

"One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind." Romans 14:5[/QUOTE]

I don't see where the verse says anything about the Sabbath. The context of the whole chapter is with regard to drinking and eating practices.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
[QUOTE="ResidentAlien

"One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind." Romans 14:5
I don't see where the verse says anything about the Sabbath. The context of the whole chapter is with regard to drinking and eating practices.[/QUOTE]

Are you a Sabbath keeper?

montana123

Oct 9, 2021
The physical sabbath is concerning this physical Earth, and God's covenant with the Jews in the Old Testament.

The Old Testament is a physical covenant that has blessing on this Earth and has the spiritual laws as part of it that is moral laws, laws of love, but did not give spiritual salvation.

The New Testament is a spiritual covenant with spiritual blessings.

Jesus nailed the physical ordinances to the cross and took them out of the way for they were contrary to us which they could not provide spiritual salvation which includes the sabbath days.

It is a spiritual sabbath in the New Testament.

God said with stammering lips and another tongue will He speak to this people saying this is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

Some people do not hear but say keep the physical sabbath but the Bible says let no person judge you by telling you to keep the physical sabbath.

Jesus said take His Yoke upon you and you will find rest unto your soul.

When a person has the Spirit then that is their rest for it is spiritual and not physical.

Jesus said He went away to prepare a place for the saints.

Jesus said the kingdom of God comes without observation for they will not say here it is or there it is but behold the kingdom of God is within you.

When a person has the Spirit then they are part of the kingdom of God and belong to the spiritual kingdom that Jesus went to prepare so they celebrate that kingdom and go by a spiritual sabbath not belonging to the physical Earth but heaven.

The physical sabbath pertains to this Earth but the saints are not part of this Earth but heaven so they go by a spiritual sabbath which is every day.

rstrats

Aug 28, 2011
I don't see where the verse says anything about the Sabbath. The context of the whole chapter is with regard to drinking and eating practices.
Are you a Sabbath keeper?[/QUOTE]

No. It's just that the verse can't really be used as a support for teaching that Christians aren't obligated to observe the Sabbath.

rstrats

Aug 28, 2011
[QUOTE="montana123

Some people do not hear but say keep the physical sabbath but the Bible says let no person judge you by telling you to keep the physical sabbath.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not aware of any scripture which says that.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
No. It's just that the verse can't really be used as a support for teaching that Christians aren't obligated to observe the Sabbath.
Okay, what verse would you suggest then?

rstrats

Aug 28, 2011
Okay, what verse would you suggest then?
I can't think of any that can't be taken any other way than to be saying that observance of the Sabbath is no longer an obligation for Christians.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
I can't think of any that can't be taken any other way than to be saying that observance of the Sabbath is no longer an obligation for Christians.
This is Romans 14:1-8. What do you think is meant by verses 5 & 6?

"Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. 2For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables. 3Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him. 4Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.​
5One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. 6He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. 7For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. 8For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s."​

rstrats

Aug 28, 2011
"One day above another" includes 7th day sabbaths.

Yes, within the context of the chapter having to do with the eating practices - vegetables versus flesh and eating or not eating on certain days of the week which would include the last day of the week.

rstrats

Aug 28, 2011
This is Romans 14:1-8. What do you think is meant by verses 5 & 6?

Verse 6 explains to what verse 5 is referring. [I wonder if that not ending a sentence with a preposition rule is still a thing] Well, at any rate, verse 6 is talking about eating or not eating (fasting) on certain days of the week.