I wish...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
I wish I were a fish...

<span style="color:#0000cd;"><font size="3"><span style="font-family:book antiqua;">[video=youtube;sItfoiWpnb8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sItfoiWpnb8[/video]
I wish I were a fish...out swimming in the water...I'd do the things I wanna do and not the things I outta!

N

NewlydivorcedChristianmom

I wish I could find someone who could show me what real love is.

T

toinena

Amen to that. But you know where to find real love, right? I think when I learned to love and be loved by my Heavenly Father was a turningpoint for me. I couldn't really see He loved me, earlier. Perhaps that will make me more able to love and to feel his love when I actually meet the one I am supposed to be with.

I wish I could find someone who could show me what real love is.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
"I say yes
You say maybe
But you've got to know..."
[video=youtube;0bqRqQAdnRQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bqRqQAdnRQ[/video]

T

toinena

[video=youtube;raNGeq3_DtM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raNGeq3_DtM[/video]

T

toinena

I wish we could have a thread where we could communicate with eachother in songs and songtitles.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Occasionally that is every thread.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I remember a thread something like that...

T

toinena

Ha... you didn't find a song for that one. I was expecting a song. [video=youtube;bH0gr8Ttv80]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH0gr8Ttv80[/video]

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Occasionally I give a straight answer. But don't get used to it. =^.^=

[video=youtube;IBc1ioQWdKg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBc1ioQWdKg[/video]

T

toinena

I have to say you have an eclectic taste in music.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Lady you don't know the half of it. I like everything from banjo bluegrass gospel to christian hard rock. I find about 30% of all christian music - in ALL styles - is really sung to glorify God. That leaves 70% that was made just to make a quick buck, but it's worth searching through it for the 30% good stuff.

T

toinena

One question. It is a hard one.... I guess we both agree God can use music to touch people's hearts, and we use music to glorify him. Is the Holy Spirit moving in the composition or the performance? Can you be touched by let's say Bach's St. John's passion if it is performed by non-believers? Or can God touch you with a non religious song sung by a Christian?
Oh. The one question became quite a few questions.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I remember a song called Daddy's Hands:

Daddy's hands were soft and kind when I was crying
Daddy's hands were hard as steel when I'd done wrong
Daddy's hands weren't always gentle
But I've come to understand
There was always love in Daddy's hands

Was it a Christian song? No. But it was a good song.

Then again, I have heard that same song sung by... er, somebody I won't name, a popular singer, and it didn't move me at all. The singer was singing it just for show. You could hear the calculation in every note, you could tell the singer was deliberately singing it for what was supposed to be greater effect. Bleh.

The song can still be good when it's not about God, but the singer always, ALWAYS has to be able to understand what the song is about. That's why some young people can't sing certain songs well, because they haven't been through the situations the songs are talking about.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
One question. It is a hard one.... I guess we both agree God can use music to touch people's hearts, and we use music to glorify him. Is the Holy Spirit moving in the composition or the performance? Can you be touched by let's say Bach's St. John's passion if it is performed by non-believers? Or can God touch you with a non religious song sung by a Christian?
Oh. The one question became quite a few questions.
I believe that the Holy Spirit can inspire you to greatness with any song regardless of who composes or sings it.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
i wish people on this site would stop talking about chocolate, cakes, pies, soups.... I just have to make some waffles to get over it.
I stocked up on Eggo waffles yesterday at Cosco. I don't even bother pouring maple syrup on them but eat them right out of the toaster plain.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I wish we could have a thread where we could communicate with eachother in songs and songtitles.
I did that when I was courting my future wife in my thread Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. I was lonely when I created that thread and when my future wife and I started communicating in August 2014 we started to sing to each other in many posts in that thread. It must have been very effective because we married a few months later.

T

toinena

Can a singer with an anointed voice loose the anointment when money gets the focus of his/her will to make music? Or can God use him/her anyway?

T

toinena

I wish I could be able to keep my focus on the thread.... I wish...

T

toinena

I did that when I was courting my future wife in my thread Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. I was lonely when I created that thread and when my future wife and I started communicating in August 2014 we started to sing to each other in many posts in that thread. It must have been very effective because we married a few months later.
Wow. That would be something... Perhaps I will keep posting music to see if anyone answers back ;-) I am so happy for the both of you. And I am happy you share some of your life together here. It gives even me a tiny bit of hope. Thank you!

Aug 2, 2009
I wish I could be able to keep my focus on the thread.... I wish...
Are u doing ok Toinnea? I've been up all night working on something (for myself, not actual work). I need to go to bed. I hope you are ok.