If homosexuality is a sin, then why didn't Jesus say anything about it?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

pottersclay

Im confused..is the fact that Jesus never talked bout Harod the basus for your thinking that he was homosexual? Wasnt Harod married to the woman that had John the Baptist beheaded? I think there were a FEW "Harods" in that day if im not mistaken

Oh yeah..i found it

According to the Synoptic Gospels, Herod, who was tetrarch, or sub-king, of Galilee under the Roman Empire, had imprisoned John the Baptist because he reproved Herod for divorcing his wife (Phasaelis, daughter of King Aretas of Nabataea) and unlawfully taking Herodias, the wife of his brother Herod Philip I. On Herod's

Since Herod already happened to be in Jerusalem at that time, Pilate decides to send Jesus to Herod to be tried. Herod Antipas (the same man who had previously ordered the death of John the Baptist) had wanted to see Jesus for a long time, hoping to observe one of the miracles of Jesus.

Well..he was married a couple times..dont think he was homosexual..

I completely agree with you but I have heard this as a defence against homosexuality. Weak as it may be .
Is homosexuality a sin.....yes it goes against the natural order of God. It bears no fruit and it is immoral behavior.

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013
Because its clear through the wholw bible that its a abomination. He didnt abolish the laws of moses, he fulfilled them
It's the same timeless principal as murder.... Why did He not say abortion is murder? But when it comes to homoseuality/ lesbainism G-d reederates Himself in Romans 1:27.

I am Torah "thumper" but even the N.T. REJECTS homoseuality/ lesbainism!!!!

No matter what G-d has it covered in both Books as SIN!!!

J

jaybird88

There are gay animals in the natural world. An extensive study and resulting book were published years ago to that point. "Biological Exuberance Animal Homosexuality and Natural Diversity" was the title.

Though I will say I don't believe the LGBTQ community would consider that a boon. To be said to be engaged in normal sexual behavior because a study that showed male zebras mount each other then proves human gay males are normal.

and you also have experts that say the exact opposite, for some reason these "experts" never agree with each other.
but lets say there are these gay animals, where are they? i never seen one. not saying i know more than the next guy but i have some experience in this area, my family is native american, we farmed, had animal, hunted and fished. i have spent the greater part of my life outdoors and never seen this, i have spent much time with other outdoors people and they have never seen it.
one male animal mounting another is not homosexual behavior. in the animal world you might have 50 males fighting over one female, one male wins, the others get left out with all those hormones built up, so what happens to those other males, the same thing that happens to most men in a prison. its called losing control of your hormones, not homosexual.

GodisONE

Jul 11, 2018
There are gay animals in the natural world. An extensive study and resulting book were published years ago to that point. "Biological Exuberance Animal Homosexuality and Natural Diversity" was the title.

Though I will say I don't believe the LGBTQ community would consider that a boon. To be said to be engaged in normal sexual behavior because a study that showed male zebras mount each other then proves human gay males are normal.

I breed Tibetan mastiffs. and the most interesting part of this 95% wolf, is that the male member has barbs [you cannot see them] on it that helps it to get stuck in the female to mate. but these barbs will not penetrate the rectum of either the male or female. yes, they do have a domination action where it appears a male is mounting another male, but they cannot penetrate due to these barbs. so even in nature, there was a design mechanism to keep animals from being homosexuals. at least in the wolf/dog/canine species.

J

jaybird88

I breed Tibetan mastiffs. and the most interesting part of this 95% wolf, is that the male member has barbs [you cannot see them] on it that helps it to get stuck in the female to mate. but these barbs will not penetrate the rectum of either the male or female. yes, they do have a domination action where it appears a male is mounting another male, but they cannot penetrate due to these barbs. so even in nature, there was a design mechanism to keep animals from being homosexuals. at least in the wolf/dog/canine species.
whats a tibetan mastiff pup go for these days? im guessing 2k? i always wanted one but cant see spending so much money on a dog.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
I completely agree with you but I have heard this as a defence against homosexuality. Weak as it may be .
Is homosexuality a sin.....yes it goes against the natural order of God. It bears no fruit and it is immoral behavior.
NO FRUIT? PRUNE PRUNE PRUNE...

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
That's because there is no such thing as homosexual orientation. That is a recent myth which did not exist back then.
That is not true. However Not all homosexuals are born with this. Most are a byproduct of society (being exposed to the idea).
But with any orientation (sin) it can be conquered through Christ.

GodisONE

Jul 11, 2018
whats a tibetan mastiff pup go for these days? im guessing 2k? i always wanted one but cant see spending so much money on a dog.

haha yes, they are pricey. and it all depends upon color and if it's male/female and can be a show dog. I bought mine from a zoologist who once restored the species of rattle snakes and then began restoring the Tibetan mastiffs. his dogs are on average 4 to 5 inches taller and about 40 lbs heavier than the European [Tibet] standard. I saw a male go for $6500 [3 people bidding on it]. that was the most I seen paid for these. my own personal dogs [2 liters] have gone for 2 -3.5 k

Jan 6, 2018
That is not true. However Not all homosexuals are born with this. Most are a byproduct of society (being exposed to the idea).
But with any orientation (sin) it can be conquered through Christ.
Humans are heterosexual oriented, sponges are asexual, earthworms are bisexual. Take a basic biology course. Nothing in nature has a homosexual orientation.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
Can I just share with you? That was not the visual I needed first thing on a Saturday morning. o_O

Mastiffs are gorgeous animals. I've only seen then in pictures, not in person so as to really appreciate their enormity. Great family dogs from what I've heard. Do they need to be highly trimmed in summer due to their long fur being an issue in the heat?

GodisONE

Jul 11, 2018
Can I just share with you? That was not the visual I needed first thing on a Saturday morning. o_O

Mastiffs are gorgeous animals. I've only seen then in pictures, not in person so as to really appreciate their enormity. Great family dogs from what I've heard. Do they need to be highly trimmed in summer due to their long fur being an issue in the heat?

hahahahaha sorry!!

and yes, they shed every spring for summer and grow new coat for winter. the hair we comb out literally fills mid sized trash bags. and if you don't comb them, they look like they have mange hahahaha

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
and you also have experts that say the exact opposite, for some reason these "experts" never agree with each other.
but lets say there are these gay animals, where are they? i never seen one. not saying i know more than the next guy but i have some experience in this area, my family is native american, we farmed, had animal, hunted and fished. i have spent the greater part of my life outdoors and never seen this, i have spent much time with other outdoors people and they have never seen it.
one male animal mounting another is not homosexual behavior. in the animal world you might have 50 males fighting over one female, one male wins, the others get left out with all those hormones built up, so what happens to those other males, the same thing that happens to most men in a prison. its called losing control of your hormones, not homosexual.
Years ago, and I use to have this filed in a favorites file but can't find it at the moment, a member of the APA = American Psychiatric Association, was so offended at the future edit to arrive in the forthcoming publication of the DSM = Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, that they published the letter that informed members of the future edit concerning homosexuality and body dysmorphic disorder, i.e. transgender, to the Net.

In a nutshell, APA had decided to edit the phraseology concerning the two mental disorders. Homosexuality and Body Dysmorphic Disorder, so as to avoid saying outright as had been the case in prior DSM's that they were mental health disorders. And instead were going to word the diagnostic entry under each heading to say the same thing but in flowery language so as to offset the very obvious fact the "former" disorders were still to appear in a manual describing mental disorders.
And why this was to be done? The strong activist movement from the LGBTQ community and their supporters had arrived at a point of soft terrorism. I.E. death threats toward members of the APA and the board itself.

It's really not something a professional mental health organization needs to articulate though is it? Though of course they do and that's a good thing even though there are now states adopting laws against what is called, "conversion therapy". And any language that alludes to homosexuality and body dysmorphic disorder being a mental health concern.
Homosexual sex just by the "mechanics" involved is ab-normal. Regardless of one's stance on Evolution, one of its tenets, the survival of the species, is valid. And that survival would never be accomplished in the homo-sexual model.

Body dysmorphic disorder is without question a mental health disorder. To have a healthy male or female body and feel detached from that gender identity is a mental health issue. But to play God with surgical assist so as to de-form that body and mutilate it to become other is, for surgeons, malpractice.
It's so bad now, this idea we have to tolerate all mental illness as having equal right to exist among us and display, that people are "coming out" claiming they're animals on the inside! And insisting on being addressed by others as such . While that afflicted person proceeds to be surgically altered to fit their ideal inner creature.

It's like Sodom and Gomorrah with all its sins has been resurrected and the sins compounded.
Thank God we've got Jesus. It makes for an interesting ride rather than a terrifying future. :)

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
hahahahaha sorry!!

and yes, they shed every spring for summer and grow new coat for winter. the hair we comb out literally fills mid sized trash bags. and if you don't comb them, they look like they have mange hahahaha
I figured they did shed during spring summer. I'm wondering can you shave them down to a low cut coat during spring summer? So they're cooler?

Goooooodnessss! Put a saddle on pretty boy and a 1 year old would think you bought them a pony. :giggle: I saw a picture of two of them howling when I went looking for that one. Do they sound like wolves too?

I met a wolf once. A high percentage hybrid. Gorgeous. And a big friendly puppy even though he was huge and just a yearling.

My apologies. I'm taking this thread off topic. Please post to me in a PM if you wish to reply so that we don't continue in that vein?

GodisONE

Jul 11, 2018
I figured they did shed during spring summer. I'm wondering can you shave them down to a low cut coat during spring summer? So they're cooler?

Goooooodnessss! Put a saddle on pretty boy and a 1 year old would think you bought them a pony. :giggle: I saw a picture of two of them howling when I went looking for that one. Do they sound like wolves too?

I met a wolf once. A high percentage hybrid. Gorgeous. And a big friendly puppy even though he was huge and just a yearling.

My apologies. I'm taking this thread off topic. Please post to me in a PM if you wish to reply so that we don't continue in that vein?

awwwwww, now that is a little teddy bear hahahahaha

I have never used a razor because there are dog hair picks that get them down to their summer coat. and yes, they sound very much like a wolf. where I live we have wolves and coyotes who both are considerably smaller than the mastiffs. but they come around when the females are in heat and the males then try to scare them away hahahaha

my 1 year old puppy weighed in around 190 lbs, and projected at age 3 [full mature] to be easily around 250 lbs. yes, very big puppies.

do you know the history of why these mastiffs came to be?

folklore has it, the Tibetan people and monks high up in the mountains were the first people to domesticate the wolf. their purpose was safety. legend has it, when the people went to bed at night, tigers would sneak in and take human babies for dindin. these mastiffs were bred from the wolves to fight tigers [which is a whole lot of cat].

my own mastiffs have hurt mountain lions here who tried to get at my calves [cows], cria's [llamas], and colts [horses]. these dogs are very impressive as they rip the lower jaw off the cat [it's not a pretty sight to see].

rumor has it, and I don't know for sure, but another owner I was told from my breeder, claims his mastiffs beat down a black bear. now that is one bad puppy!!

prove-all

May 16, 2014
A new way to parent: raising 'theybies'; babies without a gender assignment

“Theybies”: The New Term For Children Of Parents Who Neglect
To Teach Them What Gender They Actually Are

The latest example of the symptom of America’s ungodliness comes in what is being termed
as “theybies,” or children of parents who want the child to “choose” their own gender.

Parents of ‘theybies’ believe sex is biological and gender is a societal construction.
-

Parents no longer want 'babies'. They want 'theybies'.
Your theyby will decide their gender later on in life.

MTAyMTc2MzQ1MDkyNzcwOTk/
-

Should babies be able to decide there own gender by four ?
Did not God decide there gender at conception ?

This gender idea is confusing kids, and sending some of them to shrinks.
This is taught in schools, and this is child abuse plain and simple!

This is an attack by the devil, againest the God ordained family.

prove-all

May 16, 2014
A new way to parent: raising 'theybies'; babies without a gender assignment

“Theybies”: The New Term For Children Of Parents Who Neglect
To Teach Them What Gender They Actually Are.

The latest example of the symptom of America’s ungodliness!

prove-all

May 16, 2014
Polyamorous Trio Ruled Legal Parents of Child in Canada

Two men in a polyamorous relationship with a mother can legally be a child’s second
and third parents, according to a Newfoundland and Labrador Supreme Court ruling .

The ruling was based on a judge’s personal belief about the situation,
not on what the law states.

Canadian lawyer Adam Black hailed the court case as a “new frontier in family law.”
It is the first case in Canada in which three people in a polyamorous relationship have
been recognized as a child’s legal parents.

As such, it is a major departure from the way family has traditionally been structured.
Things that were once looked down upon—if they were even heard of—such as divorce,
sexual license, fornication, adultery, homosexuality, gender fluidity, transgenderism and
polyamory, have become normal.

These new types of “family” have been promoted by the entertainment industry, media,
educational systems and, increasingly, the law-making, -executing and -interpreting bodies
of governments in our Western nations.
-

A solid family structure is the very foundation of any stable and permanent society.

prove-all

May 16, 2014
The angels struck the Sodomites blind—and they still groped for the door! Even sudden,
supernatural blindness didn’t stop them from trying to satisfy their sexual lust!