If I Were Married and the Driveway Needed Shoveling After a Huge Blizzard, I Would...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

If I Were Married, After a Huge Blizzard I Would:

• Expect my spouse to clear the driveway--after all, that's part of why I got married!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Let my spouse do most of the shoveling, then offer to help at the last minute.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Pretend I was still asleep so that my spouse had to go shovel the entire thing.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Offer to shovel the entire driveway and mean it--I feel I'm meant to take care of my spouse.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Grab my shovel and pitch right in!! (If your spouse has offered to do it alone.)

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Assume that you would both take equal responsibility for chores like this, then get to it as a team.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Take turns shoveling each time it snows. (Tag team snow removal??)

• Allow my spouse to be in charge of shoveling while I take charge of hot beverage preparation.

• Another answer--I will explain in my post.

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
N

NukePooch

It is JUST like Nuke Pooch to use absolutely ANY SITUATION as an excuse to haul out any piece of equipment that's loud, guzzles gas, and has wheels. :)
...and now is no exception.

If you have a big driveway...like airplane runway big.
YouTube - World's largest snow blower HD

For all those with their own private train, you need one of these.
YouTube - Train Snow Plowing (slip)

Need some wood cut for your fireplace?
YouTube - V8 Chainsaw 6

Remember, there is no situation that can't be solved by something "that's loud, guzzles gas, and has wheels"...and, if needed, the suitable application of high explosives.

N

NukePooch

I'm the sort of person, if I see it needs to be done, I just do it. If someone offers to do something for me, I'm more than happy to let them. As far as shoveling snow, if I were married and my husband went out to shovel the snow, I would go out with an extra shovel to help. With two people working together, unappealing tasks get taken care of faster and you've worked as a team, which helps to keep you close.
I agree with this.

Initially, I wouldn't offer to shovel the snow, I'd expect my husband to do it but I wouldn't want him to do it by himself. I know that I'd feel a bit resentful if my spouse expected me to do the "hard" work, so I wouldn't want my husband to be fuming, thinking bad thoughts about me while shoveling :rolleyes:

I'd help and maybe we could have a snow ball fight to lift our spirits.
That is assuming that the hubby in question views snow removal as 'unappealing'. Some of us like it. But I don't do windows.

Now, raking up leaves? You're on your own on that one...in fact most 'lawn care' is pointless to me. I don't play golf, I don't want my lawn to look like a putting green. As long as the dog can still see over the top of the grass, it doesn't need to be cut...or maybe I just need a taller dog.

C

CameronMMS

...and now is no exception.

If you have a big driveway...like airplane runway big.
YouTube - World's largest snow blower HD

For all those with their own private train, you need one of these.
YouTube - Train Snow Plowing (slip)

Need some wood cut for your fireplace?
YouTube - V8 Chainsaw 6

Remember, there is no situation that can't be solved by something "that's loud, guzzles gas, and has wheels"...and, if needed, the suitable application of high explosives.
O_O"........

P

peachetty

I'd kinda like to do it... so id help lol

C

Credo_ut_Intelligam

I've never seen snow and I imagine I would freeze to death in a blizzard. So I'd make my wife do it and then make her get me a hot beverage when she finished.

C

CameronMMS

I've never seen snow and I imagine I would freeze to death in a blizzard. So I'd make my wife do it and then make her get me a hot beverage when she finished.
...... I hope that was a joke

J

Jullianna

It is JUST like Nuke Pooch to use absolutely ANY SITUATION as an excuse to haul out any piece of equipment that's loud, guzzles gas, and has wheels. :)

LOL! I'm thinking he'll get a gazillion proposals from that pic alone :)

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
I have to admit, NukePooch's posts are always spot on. Its hard for me to even think about what I would do under any circumstances after reading what he's written.

N

NukePooch

I have to admit, NukePooch's posts are always spot on. Its hard for me to even think about what I would do under any circumstances after reading what he's written.
I'm...uhhh...I'm pleased that I make you so confused and perplexed? Or, I apologize for making you so confused and perplexed?
Reading what I write makes it hard for you to think?
Ummmm...Sorry? You're welcome?

Now I don't know what to say...

Jan 18, 2011
I'm a traditional woman with traditional values. I believe that men do certain jobs around the house and women do certain jobs around the house. Men usually take care of the heavy lifting and the grunt work and women take care of the more nurturing details, like decorating, cleaning, cooking, etc.
I would probably marry a man who has the same theories as I do when it comes to the household and family life.

C

CameronMMS

that's seems about right I think.

L

lonewolf

In Russia, women's snow shoveling is a sport!

C

christiancollegegirl

I thought that's why women got married. Somone to do the outside work, while she does the inside work. I live in south Texas, so we're prolly never gonna have that problem. lol

Devoted2JC

Jan 16, 2011
Let my spouse do most of the shoveling, then offer to help at the last minute.

K

kayem77

If I had a husband, we surely would do it togetheer cause I like to do that kinda stuff; and then maybe we could start a snow ball fight ,and end with two hot cups of coffee for both =) And even If I don't help for unknown reasons(too tired, or whatever ) I'd still make a coffee for both and make a dinner( or order one if the delivery guy can make it )

M

Meridoc

If my fiance and I were already married and a blizzard occurred I would... Accept the fact that we're snowed in, call in sick at work and have some fun *wink wink nudge nudge... We're married after all. >;D

Aug 2, 2009
If my fiance and I were already married and a blizzard occurred I would... Accept the fact that we're snowed in, call in sick at work and have some fun *wink wink nudge nudge... We're married after all. >;D
We have a winner!!

C

christiancollegegirl

Jajajajajaja!!!!!!

Sevndust

Jan 15, 2006
if i were ever to get married and decide to live somewhere it snowed that much...this wouldn't even be up for discussion, in fact i wouldn't have a choice in the matter, i'd be busting my rear end to get it done whether i like it or not...and that's the God's honest truth to it fellas