OK so there is soooo many HEATED discussions going on about grace/works... I'm not no bible scholar I don't want to argue doctrine but I want to share a few things that I pray will bear witness to the spirit in you..
Ephesians 2:8 (amp) For it is by free grace (God's unmerited favour) that you are saved (delivered from judgement and made partakers of Christ's salvation) through your faith. And this salvation is not of yourselves (of your own doing, it came not through your own striving ) but it is a gift from God.
This verse alone (no others are needed) clarify 's that we are saved by the gift of God which is grace... So, if we are saved by grace through faith surely that had to be the foundation of everything ? Grace has to be the beginning of everything ? Is this a daily thing for me or is saved past tense ? Notice it doesn't say I will save you daily through grace it says you are saved..
Now personally for me I don't have to read these scriptures to know that's true.. The scriptures bring confirmation to the reality of grace in my life... I can honestly hold my hands up and say I have done NOTHING but say Father HELP ME! That's it... If where I am today wasn't for the grace of God then there would be no here I am today.. Like why aren't I on crack now? Why aren't I a hooker? Why aren't I on anti psychotics ? How on earth can I care for a child the way that I do ? Man, how am I even alive to write this ??? This is the reality of grace in my life.. Not because of anything I have done...
Yes we can argue obedience, But honestly without grace obedience is impossible.. It's only because of what he did can we do.. Are we to obey the word of God. Of course we are.. How ?? Through grace.. We have to have the understanding that without grace we can do nothing.. It's impossible to not be fornicators, it's impossible to not covet, it's impossible to not be angry.. That's who we were.. Our nature as sinners.. But now Praise God we have a new nature.. We are the righteousness of God in Chris Jesus.. All because of Love.. Grace Grace Grace is everything..
No words or scripture can move me from this truth that I know.. Not because of head knowledge but because I am a walking miracle.
Ephesians 2:8 (amp) For it is by free grace (God's unmerited favour) that you are saved (delivered from judgement and made partakers of Christ's salvation) through your faith. And this salvation is not of yourselves (of your own doing, it came not through your own striving ) but it is a gift from God.
This verse alone (no others are needed) clarify 's that we are saved by the gift of God which is grace... So, if we are saved by grace through faith surely that had to be the foundation of everything ? Grace has to be the beginning of everything ? Is this a daily thing for me or is saved past tense ? Notice it doesn't say I will save you daily through grace it says you are saved..
Now personally for me I don't have to read these scriptures to know that's true.. The scriptures bring confirmation to the reality of grace in my life... I can honestly hold my hands up and say I have done NOTHING but say Father HELP ME! That's it... If where I am today wasn't for the grace of God then there would be no here I am today.. Like why aren't I on crack now? Why aren't I a hooker? Why aren't I on anti psychotics ? How on earth can I care for a child the way that I do ? Man, how am I even alive to write this ??? This is the reality of grace in my life.. Not because of anything I have done...
Yes we can argue obedience, But honestly without grace obedience is impossible.. It's only because of what he did can we do.. Are we to obey the word of God. Of course we are.. How ?? Through grace.. We have to have the understanding that without grace we can do nothing.. It's impossible to not be fornicators, it's impossible to not covet, it's impossible to not be angry.. That's who we were.. Our nature as sinners.. But now Praise God we have a new nature.. We are the righteousness of God in Chris Jesus.. All because of Love.. Grace Grace Grace is everything..
No words or scripture can move me from this truth that I know.. Not because of head knowledge but because I am a walking miracle.