If the Earth were flat---

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

RolloTamasi

Nov 10, 2021
I will gladly disagree with a Christian who is wrong, and agree with a non-Christian where he is right. There is no hypocrisy in that.

To agree with a Christian merely because he is a Christian is actually where the hypocrisy would be. Further, I have not seen any evidence to suggest that Mark Sargent is a Christian. Further, his status as a Christian (or not) is irrelevant on this subject.

I take God's word rightly interpreted over man's word. I reject incorrect interpretations of God's word, because they are man's word.
Well you enjoyed trying to tell me off.
How childish.
And everyone knows who has common sense that the Earth is flat.
You're in denial.
And I also don't believe the vaccine of any type should be taken.
We've had many pestilences throughout history, all of them were gotten under control except this new one.
Maybe vaccines don't work.
Why?
Because they are not from God.
Worship, prayer, trust, and hope comes from God.
Try it.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
If the earth was flat an ice ring could not exist except in winter. Also, in winter it would fall off the side.
View attachment 233510
I believe that it's called calving. The chunks of ice don't really fall off the side, more like they sorta drift off into space. At the point they are referred to as comets.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
I knew a flat earth group existed, but I never studied them because they are contra to well established science.

1638052401024.jpeg Is what I think of them.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Fourth, you need lessons in the Bible including humility.
Fifth, I'm smarter than you so you should keep the tone of your voice down.
Oooh this is DELICIOUS!

"You need more humility.
"Also, I'm smarter than you."

I mean... I always knew the people who went around saying "you need more humility" were themselves arrogant and in need of humility, but I have never before seen such a blatant display.

I may print this one off and frame it. This is a classic!

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
I knew a flat earth group existed, but I never studied them because they are contra to well established science.
If you were to pay close-enough attention to what they are saying --- you just might discover that "a good deal" of modern-day "established science" is [literally] "made up" - as in, not real.

Don't worry - that will change soon enough... ;)

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
There's no such thing as a giant terranium, unless it is Earth itself, therefore, we have nothing to compare it with.
I know what a terrarium is. And it is nothing like the earth. The earth is a sphere. Around 600 people have now been into space. Some of those people, at least six, were/are born again Christians. At least two of those Christians landed on the moon and saw the earth. It is a sphere. Logic says it is a sphere, eye witness accounts say that it is a sphere and there is zero evidence to suggest that it is flat.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Nothing but jokes...

No serious consideration to the possibility that the Ball Earth "science" we have all been taught since birth just might not be the truth.

:(
No, because there is nothing to suggest otherwise. And plenty of confirmation that the earth is a sphere. Of course, facts and eyewitness accounts mean nothing to flat earthers. That is a shame, because Christians are supposed to love truth.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Logic says it is a sphere, eye witness accounts say that it is a sphere and there is zero evidence to suggest that it is flat.
But there is definitely plenty of evidence to "suggest" that it is not a spinning ball flying through space.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
That is a shame, because Christians are supposed to love truth.
Well - this one loves truth to the extent of - as I sometimes say:

"I want to know the truth - even if it hurts..."

And, I am not afraid of it.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
But there is definitely plenty of evidence to "suggest" that it is not a spinning ball flying through space.
People have seen it. Is that not good enough for you? There is more evidence for a spinning globe than there is for Jesus being a real person. I have no trouble accepting eyewitness accounts from 2000 years ago. Why should I reject eyewitness accounts from right this minute? What do the people on the ISS see? A hallucination?

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Well - this one loves truth to the extent of - as I sometimes say:

"I want to know the truth - even if it hurts..."

And, I am not afraid of it.
The truth is that the earth is a globe, but you reject that.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Oooh this is DELICIOUS!

"You need more humility.
"Also, I'm smarter than you."

I mean... I always knew the people who went around saying "you need more humility" were themselves arrogant and in need of humility, but I have never before seen such a blatant display.

I may print this one off and frame it. This is a classic!
On my last test my IQ was over 250.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
If you were to pay close-enough attention to what they are saying --- you just might discover that "a good deal" of modern-day "established science" is [literally] "made up" - as in, not real.

Don't worry - that will change soon enough... ;)
Friend, I agree that Evolution is made up, that is not what I have in mind.