If The Kingdom isn't here yet then what is JESUS CHRIST a King of?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 21, 2021
1 Thessalonians 2:12
That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory.

So you think this "kingdom" is only a thousand years?

Laura798

Jun 6, 2020
I probably didn't catch it. I've found that my brain cramps are increasing the more I try to think.

Thinking is overrated anyway! I'm trying to avoid it as much as possible.

Okay--please give my 'You're the man meme a 'laugh' emoji or a thumbs up if it's easier. Post Number 336--so you scroll over the 'thumbs up'--and then you see a bar with a few choices--pick the laugh one OR ELSE I'm giving you another big ball red X!:poop:

Ps I also complimented your Childhood story. Please give that a 'friendly' or thumbs up. Emojis give the forum a more friendly feel and it's also a way to acknowledge messages that don't really call for a response.;)

Jan 21, 2021
It's an interesting topic. I see that some translations take Daniel's 70 weeks to mean 490 years.
i see people do this 69 x 7 x 360
360 because the number of days for years was off or something back then.
BUT, the main point is that they do this calculation and forget using that 69 means that the 69th full week was used.

O

Omegatime

I probably didn't catch it. I've found that my brain cramps are increasing the more I try to think.

Thinking is overrated anyway! I'm trying to avoid it as much as possible.
Maybe Laura is a brain surgeon--could be useful here

Jan 21, 2021
We are only Saved if we uphold the Reborn Holy Image ...that is saying we are a Pillar supporting The Kingdom. How else does JESUS stand in for us at Judgment unless we are in His Image? His Kingdom?

The Kingdom of The Body of CHRIST.

Revelation 3:12
Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

O

Omegatime

I don't know why my brain is wearing out! A former girlfriend told me my brain would be worth millions when I died, it's never been used!
Gee, I had to explain to mine that she needed to stop screaming and grabbing the dash every time I ran off the road. It makes me nervous

Charlie24

Oct 31, 2021
Gee, I had to explain to mine that she needed to stop screaming and grabbing the dash every time I ran off the road. It makes me nervous
You've got more patience with girlfriends that I have. They never seem to see it my way.

Laura798

Jun 6, 2020
Maybe Laura is a brain surgeon--could be useful here
How'd you know?:unsure:

In any case I don't work in the re-wiring department, I'm in the 'fall down the stairs and crack your noggin' department'--sorry. However, ginko might help.;)

PS For the grabbing the wheel and screaming--I suggest keeping a roll of duct tape handy in your cup holder...

O

Omegatime

How'd you know?:unsure:

In any case I don't work in the re-wiring department, I'm in the 'fall down the stairs and crack your noggin' department'--sorry. However, ginko might help.;)

PS For the grabbing the wheel and screaming--I suggest keeping a roll of duct tape handy in your cup holder...
Great advice---must remember that---lol

Jan 14, 2021
1 Thessalonians 2:12
That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory.

So you think this "kingdom" is only a thousand years?
Here is an interesting synergy:

"For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night." - Pslam 90:4 KJV

1) Psalm 90:4 describes a thousand years as a watch in the night.

2) The parable of the wedding banquet in Matthew 22 describes individuals invited but wilfully refused and murder the messengers. These individuals that rejected the invitation and murdered the messengers are destroyed and their cities burned. Parties that were not originally on the invitation list are added. Of those invited, the ones that were not in wedding attire were bound and thrown out of the banquet. Not all who were invited were chosen (one should put on Christ to satisfy the attire requirement).

3) The parable of the ten virgins in Matthew 25 describes an awakening at midnight in the time of the kingdom of heaven (a watch in the night?) for virgins to attend a wedding banquet. Each virgin intended to attend but only some had their lamp oil ready and some had to detour to buy their oil. Upon returning from the detour, those that did not have their oil ready at the right time were refused entry.

If the 1000 years described in Revelation 20 also correlates to these parables about the kingdom of heaven and the wedding banquet, the timeframe is figurative and there are other elements we may infer. Namely: not all those who are invited to the resurrection at the beginning of the "1000 years" will be saved. Although Rev 20 speaks of a first resurrection and other passages denote a "resurrection unto salvation and a resurrection unto damnation" but it may be interpreted that those two resurrections are actually descriptions of types instead of chronological instances. It may be the case that the references in Rev 20 describe instances that are a mix of types. This interpetaton works with the concept that some may attend the banquet (the 1000 years) but ultimately be cast out into a place of wailing and gnashing of teeth (invited but not called or chosen), and also works with the concept that the second resurrection happens at a later period in the night (based on the parable of the ten virgins).

There are some references in Matthew and Revelation about the sun being blocked out and essentially a time of literal darkness or light impairment. They may be related to the concept of a "watch in the night" and may add flavour but aren't critical for the interpretation. A literal darkness isn't necessary for the interpretation. The entertaining part of the interpretation is that this would make Satan something like a wedding crasher at the end of the 1000 years when he is loosed.

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
i just posted this on the last page:

1 Corinthians 15:22-26
For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
Then cometh the end,
when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

//It doesn't say "Then after a thousand years".

Revelation 20: 4 is symbolism because ...in what world is the First Resurrection not talking about CHRIST?
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. (Revelation 20:4-6).

This will not take place before the great tribulation, as commonly taught, but after the great tribulation. At the sound of the seventh trumpet the dead in Christ, living saints will meet the Lord in the air, But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. (I Thessalonians 4:13-17) as he returns to establish his kingdom.

Laura798

Jun 6, 2020
Great advice---must remember that---lol
You're most welcome. Advice is free up to 250 words per day, after that I accept bit coin.

Here's my therapist--he's not the best listener, but he gives great advice--and he's cheap too!
;)

O

Omegatime

You're most welcome. Advice is free up to 250 words per day, after that I accept bit coin.

Here's my therapist--he's not the best listener, but he gives great advice--and he's cheap too!;)

You are like the witty Wile Coyote but stay away from the Acme products

Laura798

Jun 6, 2020
You are like the witty Wile Coyote but stay away from the Acme products
Hmm? Does he do brain surgery...and accept bit coin too?:unsure:
Ps Maybe WC and I should meet up for some non-alcoholic beverages and swap stories....;)

Jan 21, 2021

"For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night." - Pslam 90:4 KJV

2) The parable of the wedding banquet in Matthew 22 describes individuals invited but wilfully refused and murder the messengers. These individuals that rejected the invitation and murdered the messengers are destroyed and their cities burned. Parties that were not originally on the invitation list are added. Of those invited, the ones that were not in wedding attire were bound and thrown out of the banquet. Not all who were invited were chosen (one should put on Christ to satisfy the attire requirement).

3) The parable of the ten virgins in Matthew 25 describes an awakening at midnight in the time of the kingdom of heaven (a watch in the night?) for virgins to attend a wedding banquet. Each virgin intended to attend but only some had their lamp oil ready and some had to detour to buy their oil. Upon returning from the detour, those that did not have their oil ready at the right time were refused entry.

If the 1000 years described in Revelation 20 also correlates to these parables about the kingdom of heaven and the wedding banquet, the timeframe is figurative and there are other elements we may infer. Namely: not all those who are invited to the resurrection at the beginning of the "1000 years" will be saved. Although Rev 20 speaks of a first resurrection and other passages denote a "resurrection unto salvation and a resurrection unto damnation" but it may be interpreted that those two resurrections are actually descriptions of types instead of chronological instances. It may be the case that the references in Rev 20 describe instances that are a mix of types. This interpetaton works with the concept that some may attend the banquet (the 1000 years) but ultimately be cast out into a place of wailing and gnashing of teeth (invited but not called or chosen), and also works with the concept that the second resurrection happens at a later period in the night (based on the parable of the ten virgins).

There are some references in Matthew and Revelation about the sun being blocked out and essentially a time of literal darkness or light impairment. They may be related to the concept of a "watch in the night" and may add flavour but aren't critical for the interpretation. A literal darkness isn't necessary for the interpretation. The entertaining part of the interpretation is that this would make Satan something like a wedding crasher at the end of the 1000 years when he is loosed.
i'm with you for most of this except for the First Resurrection. That ALWAYS Represents CHRIST. Priests Reign through what JESUS did. Royal Priests.

1 Peter 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

i like your take on the celestial lighting ...that stuff happened in the OT also ...so a type of falling away?

O

Omegatime

Hmm? Does he do brain surgery...and accept bit coin too?:unsure:
Ps Maybe WC and I should meet up for some non-alcoholic beverages and swap stories....;)
I would suggest dating a road runner and have something stronger so you cant remember when dating the enemy

Now that will be $200 payable by bitcoin and I say goodnite to all

Jan 21, 2021

i also like the way you explain the 1000 years to being the Age JESUS told us to always be prepared. To always be a Citizen of The Kingdom. We live in a sea of the lukewarm.

Jan 21, 2021
Revelation 1:9
I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ,

//Did this just say John was already in The Kingdom of JESUS CHRIST?