"If You Want to Have Sex, Get Married." Ok. But What If You Want to Have Sex, and You're ALREADY Married?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kaylagrl

The reason people disagree is that imposing sex on a person who doesn't want it either through pressure or punishment (like the article I posted) seems almost like a human rights violation. Sex should be common, if both people want it. It is a sign of a healthy marriage, if both people want it. But at the same time, I admit a person signs up for regular sex when they enter marriage. But the reality is that people change over time due to a host of reasons (mental, natural causes, etc.), including their desires, and I admit it is unfair to the other person. It really feels unfair to both people, not just the person being denied sex.

Yes, so then you raise other issues in your comment. I underlined them. So then we go back to the OP where single people are told if you want sex, get married. It's not that simple. When you marry, your body is no longer your own, woman or man. Consider very carefully before you marry. It can be a wonderful thing, but it can be difficult with certain issues.

J

joecoten

Off-topic a bit, but Roe vs Wade has been overturned!

K

kaylagrl

Not me. Though I do understand health issues being a legitimate factor.

My late wife said to me, on more than one occasion, that if I'm in the mood and she's not, to get her in the mood. We both knew what that meant and entailed.

There you go, use a little finesse. It goes a long way. :)

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Yeah....it was bad law.
It's something that belongs in individual states hands...not the Federal Government's hands and the constitution is quite clear on this issue.

I don't like abortion to begin with. It's not a stop to the practice....far from it.

But it does make it more difficult for the purveyors of death to peddle it.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Swap bodily fluids...you're so romantic, Lanolin. lol
just telling it like it is lol

its not like christian couples are somehow magically different and dont have....saliva

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
OP was talking about sex, not making love

So I kinda thought she was talking about, ...you know.

if you want to talk about the OTHER thing couples do, or romance, then make another thread.

Othwerwise, its

wife- we got to have sex now
husband- give me five minutes
wife- it doesnt take you THAT long

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Yeah....it was bad law.
It's something that belongs in individual states hands...not the Federal Government's hands and the constitution is quite clear on this issue.

I don't like abortion to begin with. It's not a stop to the practice....far from it.

But it does make it more difficult for the purveyors of death to peddle it.
texas seems like a rogue state anyway

wasnt it its own country before?
also, what is with all the people getting divorces in Reno/Las Vegas and remarrying there? Why is that place different.

J

joecoten

OP was talking about sex, not making love

So I kinda thought she was talking about, ...you know.

if you want to talk about the OTHER thing couples do, or romance, then make another thread.

Othwerwise, its

wife- we got to have sex now
husband- give me five minutes
wife- it doesnt take you THAT long
You've never been married, have you? And you have obviously never talked to my exes! :eek:

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
You've never been married, have you? And you have obviously never talked to my exes! :eek:
No, why would I talk to YOUR exes?

lol

Do you talk to your exes?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Dear ex,
Im not supposed to talk to you anymore but im making a thread about you on a singles forum just so you know ok.
From your ex

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
p.s I dropped the s from your name to disguise who you really are

J

joecoten

Addressing part A of post #187
Marriage...sex...love...romance...in my experience, they all kinda go together.
Addressing part B of post #187
As my first wife passed long ago, you didn't talk to her. But if you had...
It is within the realm of possibility that you may have spoken with my second ex. Though your 5-minute statement tells me you haven't.
She didn't lie...or complain! lol

You have a warped conception of what marriage is about. I met a woman once. She was a whore. Does that make all women whores? No. Neither are all men the same. BTW Did you hear that the Supreme Court overturned Roe vs Wade? :)

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I dont have a warped conception of what marriage is about - marriages are all different. I would expect that in marriages, when one wants to have sex, they just let the other partner know!

why are you projecting all YOUR stuff on to me? I dont talk to your ex I dont even KNOW your ex.

if someone doesnt want to have it then maybe they just do it another time. No big deal. They are married they can figure it out.

You cant complain to someone else about your married sex life the only person you can take your complaints to is your married partner and talk to them about it.

Because what is the person going to do about YOUR problem. If they are not married to you its actually none of their business.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
if its medical issues they would just talk to a doctor right...like any normal person would after all its about your body parts.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Look after your bodies dont abuse them is my advice. Be gentle

ask the other person what they like or how to be touched. . Its really NOT that hard to do this.

if someones being abused in a marriage they may need to leave. Dont get violent. The body is not a punching bag, especially womens. Thats the only thing I would think that is completely unacceptable in a marriage.

J

joecoten

Look after your bodies dont abuse them is my advice. Be gentle

ask the other person what they like or how to be touched. . Its really NOT that hard to do this.

if someones being abused in a marriage they may need to leave. Dont get violent. The body is not a punching bag, especially womens. Thats the only thing I would think that is completely unacceptable in a marriage.
It's beautiful when two become one...together. I don't want to get too graphic.
What do you mean, especially a woman's? I once watched an episode of "Doc" where a male patient ashamedly said to Doc, "What kind of a man allows his wife to hit him and doesn't hit back?" Doc answered, "A man with a lot of self-control." Bolstered, I thought, "Yeah!"

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Yes, but abortion is still legal in all states, although some states it is severely restricted. What really got overturned was having abortion in general, as a right, by the US Constitution.

It is now up to each state to decide to have abortion legal or illegal, and also any such restrictions it may impose. This is the way that the US Constitution was designed, leaving it up to the states, except in a few instances as stated in the Constitution as to what a state allows or doesn't allow as long as such laws that are passed are not prohibited by the Constitution.

Today is absolutely a step in the right direction. Should not nave took 49 1/2 years to repeal though. There is absolutely nothing in the Constitution that states that abortion is a fundamental right.

This has been a long time coming.

J

joecoten

Yes, but abortion is still legal in all states, although some states it is severely restricted. What really got overturned was having abortion in general, as a right, by the US Constitution.

It is now up to each state to decide to have abortion legal or illegal, and also any such restrictions it may impose. This is the way that the US Constitution was designed, leaving it up to the states, except in a few instances as stated in the Constitution as to what a state allows or doesn't allow as long as such laws that are passed are not prohibited by the Constitution.

Today is absolutely a step in the right direction. Should not nave took 49 1/2 years to repeal though. There is absolutely nothing in the Constitution that states that abortion is a fundamental right.

This has been a long time coming.
Think of all the Koolaid-drenched heads that are exploding!
1656109720387.png