I'm Just So, So Tired... Of Waiting...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

AsifinPassing

Jul 13, 2010
Microsoft is actually upgrading me to 10 for free, so that's cool. I've never really minded waiting for things, so all is well on that front.

For me, it would probably be things a little less light hearted, so... a good movie. I mean, seriously HollyWood!! How long are you gonna make me wait?!?! It's like... 1 for every 50 you put out!! x_x

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
This thread totally reminded me of this song...

[video=youtube;23e5kMEhSts]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23e5kMEhSts[/video]
Oh my goodness, Stellar Kart. I haven't listened to those guys in a while. I practically grew up listening to their music.

L

LostSoul01

Sometimes waiting longer leads to greater reward!
As long as we won't wait too long for something doesn't exist or can't happen..!!

waiting--.jpg

waiting-.jpg

...!

J

jeremyPJ

This is just the 5-year-old kid in me, but I'm actually waiting for The Minion Movie to come out.

I often have nostalgic ties to cartoon characters because they remind me of family members. Sometimes cartoons have been one of the few ways in which distant members of our family have connected. We don't get together often, so watching my parents, sibling's family, and their kids all giggle over The Minion's antics in the Despicable Me movies is a cherished memory.

My Mom even thought just the preview for the upcoming Minions Movie was hilarious so I'm hoping we can all watch this third film together, too.

However, I was a bit disappointed to see that my personal favorite ("Dave") does not appear to be one of the main characters. :(

That's funny, I use cartoon characters, and sometimes actors/actresses to relate to people too. Of my ex-wife's friends/relatives, there are many cartoon characters. Daffy, Bugs, Wile E. Coyote, Foghorn Leghorn, Bluto...the list goes on and on. :)

G

GaryA

Hey Singles!

I have to admit.

I'm a little down and out today.

After all, I have faithfully followed all the instructions I was given and I've done all I can do.

I've tried to wait patiently, and I've done some really productive, meaningful things while waiting this long.

However... I'm just so, so tired... of waiting... Alas. I suppose this is all a test in order to teach me patience.

I mean, it's been a whole 15 minutes and the pizza I threw in the oven is still not done.

And I really wish I could have it NOW. Can you relate?

(I know we all sometimes become tired and discouraged in waiting for "the one"... but, just to lighten things up a bit and put a humorous spin on all our waiting, what OTHER things are you anxiously waiting for?)

A movie? Game? Job? Event? New phone? Windows 10? And, what are you doing in the meantime? :)
"It's been over 8 hours now... See?!? It was done before you knew it!" :D

How was the pizza?

:)

B

bowharp

"It's been over 8 hours now... See?!? It was done before you knew it!" :D

How was the pizza?

:)

Oh man, haven't tried 8 hour pizza? Deliciously good and extra extra crunchy.

Oh, and extra cheese helps to cover the black spots.

B

bowharp

Microsoft is actually upgrading me to 10 for free, so that's cool. I've never really minded waiting for things, so all is well on that front.

For me, it would probably be things a little less light hearted, so... a good movie. I mean, seriously HollyWood!! How long are you gonna make me wait?!?! It's like... 1 for every 50 you put out!! x_x
Meh. I wouldn't download it begin with, let them resolve the bugs first. It's hackers paradise.

Nothing really comes for free with Microsoft, especially with Bill Gate. Please note, I don't have anything against Bill.... He's one smart cookie.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
The pizza was scrumptious, thank you! :)

However, have you ever noticed that once you finally get what you're waiting for, you move on to the next big thing and find yourself waiting... again???!! Sigh.

Seriously, all of Olerica's descriptions of cheesecakes has had me wanting one for weeks.

So now I'm waiting for the store to open so that I can either buy a couple slices or the ingredients to make one. Either that or I'm going to wait for Catherder to send some of that peach cobbler he mentioned. All you foodies are giving me Palate Envy, grrr.

Life is a never-ending struggle, folks! (And thanks to everyone for having such a good sense of humor about this thread. I hope y'all will continue to post.)

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Meh. I wouldn't download it begin with, let them resolve the bugs first. It's hackers paradise.

Nothing really comes for free with Microsoft, especially with Bill Gate. Please note, I don't have anything against Bill.... He's one smart cookie.
Wow, this is a really good point.

Now I wonder if I shouldn't have signed up for the upgrade...

B

bowharp

Wow, this is a really good point.

Now I wonder if I shouldn't have signed up for the upgrade...
You know what, I'm also guilty of signing up but I think timing is important. I'm not saying not to download, because I know I will probably download it at some point but just make sure you are prepared for anything does wrong.

Like having backup files, installation drivers etc... and like, right now the Window OS I am using is fine and I won't change until I can say to myself, I don't need my computer "x" number of days/week..if anything does go wrong. Anyway, these are just my own personal opinions.. I would really love to hear others... but I don't want to high-jack this thread..so having said that, I am sorry seoulsearch :)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Exactly. I'll beta test a program, an effects plugin, a game... beta testing a whole system? On my computer that I might need for something? Only if I had a spare computer that I didn't need to use for other stuff. And I don't have any spares, I'm using all four laptops in various capacities that I don't want to take them from.

Let someone else find the bugs. Then when I hit a snag I can google the error message and in ten seconds find the solution that took them half a month to work out. :cool:

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Hmm... I could be wrong but when I read the info I thought it said that when W10 was ready, it would AUTOMATICALLY download and notify you that it was done.

That being said, how can you choose to have control over this if you signed up?

And, to make this post legit in my own thread... I can now say that I'm a patiently waiting for an answer from our tech experts out there :), especially since my poor system would be leapfrogging from W7.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
No answer from me. Windows 8 sucks eggs and I haven't even bothered looking at 10 yet. Let me know how it goes.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
i hate waiting to hit the SKIP AD button to watch a youtube vid. OR when you have to sit through the entire ad.

ain't nobody got time for that!

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
i hate waiting to hit the SKIP AD button to watch a youtube vid. OR when you have to sit through the entire ad.

ain't nobody got time for that!
The 15 seconds of our life that we'll never get back. :(

Mar 22, 2013
Indiana

Microwhat?

Linux is free :v