I'm New Here! Looking For Godly Friends

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

dessy

Feb 4, 2018
Hello all, My name is Destiny I'm a new believer. and I'm looking to make godly friends, while i still have my old friends who are not believers, and God is putting it on my heart to share the gospel with them, I've never done it before and im new in my faith, and i'm looking for other young believers such as myself who understand what i'm going through.
Looking forward to meeting you all! God Bless!

J

joefizz

Welcome here you can discuss with bible smart people and possibly make new friends,hope you like it here!

S

Sweetmorningdew78

Hey! Good afternoon :) welcome Destiny :) there are wonderful young ladies and gentlemen here that you can befriend with :) Hope to see u around :)

God bless you ❤

Last edited by a moderator:

Angela_s

Nov 21, 2017
Welcome here Dessy :) !

slave

Mar 20, 2015
Hello all, My name is Destiny I'm a new believer. and I'm looking to make godly friends, while i still have my old friends who are not believers, and God is putting it on my heart to share the gospel with them, I've never done it before and im new in my faith, and i'm looking for other young believers such as myself who understand what i'm going through.
Hello Destiny - It has been great to see all the new believers enter our doors here at "CC" lately. I pray we serve Him well in lifting Him up to you. Congratulations and Welcome to this site as well as the family of God and the Body of Christ. It is a privilege to meet you.

I understand you are a "babe" yet in Christ? That can be helpful so we don't pile on all the things of the deeper workings yet of the Cross on your lap. Once we see who Paul taught the basics of Christianity to, and who he considered mature and taught information about the sacred secret to, we can see how important it is to take very seriously our commission as “ministers of Christ” and “stewards of the sacred secrets of God” (1 Cor. 4:1 ). Christian teachers must recognize when people are babes in Christ and need “the milk of the Word,” and they must have a plan for helping them grow in Christ. The goal we must have in our minds is to always be “admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ” (Col. 1:28).

We understand that each Christian goes through a growth process as they mature in Christ. Are you reading His Word regularly? Are you praying continually and behind closed doors? Today the New Testament is accepted by Christians as the Word of God, so we can teach things that are written in it that Paul could not have taught to new Christians, but the principle Paul used was the same: there are things that build trust in new believers and things that cause questions and doubt. New Christians need the milk of the Word, and teachers are to be skilled in helping Christians grow from a diet of milk to a diet of the meat of the Word.

I pray as a new Christian you desire to grow and mature so you can wisely steward the sacred secrets of God (1 Cor. 4:1). Just as a biblical house-manager was responsible to his master for the prosperity and posterity of the household, you are responsible to God to see that you are doing all you can so the sacred secrets of God are taught, understood, and passed down.

Welcome again to Christian Chat, Its exciting to see and hear your story, it will change onwardly and upwardly as you continue to walk in Him ... May God richly bless you here.

Last edited:

jameen

Feb 5, 2018
Manila
Don't look for a Godly friend but be that Godly friend and these Godly friends will automatically befriend you.

that's my advice :)

Sep 11, 2017

God bless you, Destiny!! Glad to see you on board with us!

Calmer43

Feb 6, 2018
The best witness you can be is to give the same love and forgiveness that you have received. There is an old saying, preach the Gospel and if necessary use words.

Feb 7, 2018
Hi. I've been saved almost my whole life. Maybe I can help you in some situations. I'm looking for like minded people to chat with.

danja

Nov 28, 2014
welcome Destiny and blessings :)

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
The best witness you can be is to give the same love and forgiveness that you have received. There is an old saying, preach the Gospel and if necessary use words.[/QUOTE

I like that saying.

U

Ugly

I had a friend once who was fairly newly saved. He had that fire to tell everyone. But he was also clueless. So often times he appeared foolish for speaking on things he didn't really have the knowledge to support. Once he even told a Jewish man that 'all these gods' he worshiped were not real gods. Everyone else there was a Christian and caught the irony immediately.
While it's good to be a witness just don't overstep your knowledge and be a bad witness inadvertently.

Feb 10, 2018
Lighthearted the only problem with that saying is it's wrong. I understand we are to live and walk as Christ, however unless somebody comes and"preaches" the Gospel, people don't come to Christ. Faith comes from hearing the Word of God. :)

F

finaldesire

Nice name dessy, I welcome you to the forums.

Feb 14, 2018
Hello and welcome to CC! I pray that the right people cross your paths and that you do enjoy meeting new people here. Lotsa stuff to do here and many supportive people on the threads. Cheers from Australia :)

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
Lighthearted the only problem with that saying is it's wrong. I understand we are to live and walk as Christ, however unless somebody comes and"preaches" the Gospel, people don't come to Christ. Faith comes from hearing the Word of God. :)
Sometimes, all someone needs to start seeking bro, is seeing God's love demonstrated through a believer.
The unbelievers want to know what we have...
Have you ever been asked by a total stranger...what are you on?
The Lord works in mysterious ways!
He uses us when we don't even know it...

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2018
Sometimes, all someone needs to start seeking bro, is seeing God's love demonstrated through a believer.
The unbelievers want to know what we have...
Have you ever been asked by a total stranger...what are you on?
The Lord works in mysterious ways!
He uses us when we don't even know it...
Right... however there’s a reason why they need to hear the Gospel to be saved.

What if I say Buddha after they asked me what I’m on?

My point is nobody’s going to seek Jesus if you don’t mention Jesus and if you do mention Him... what will they be seeking or need Him for? Going around telling people God loves them and doing kind acts doesn’t actually show them their current state with God and why they need to call on Jesus.

I understand what you said Sister and I hope you see what I’m saying because obviously without love it doesn’t mean anything but I can tell you that more people have been saved through loveless people preaching the Gospel of Christ than loving people doing kind acts and not saying a thing.

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
Right... however there’s a reason why they need to hear the Gospel to be saved.

What if I say Buddha after they asked me what I’m on?

My point is nobody’s going to seek Jesus if you don’t mention Jesus and if you do mention Him... what will they be seeking or need Him for? Going around telling people God loves them and doing kind acts doesn’t actually show them their current state with God and why they need to call on Jesus.

I understand what you said Sister and I hope you see what I’m saying because obviously without love it doesn’t mean anything but I can tell you that more people have been saved through loveless people preaching the Gospel of Christ than loving people doing kind acts and not saying a thing.
We just see Calmers quote differently. What I hear is show em Jesus and it gets their attention by sparking interest so then you can share Christ and the cross and God's plan. We agree...so there's no argument there.
Just like God uses the law of Moses today. Man hears the commandments and God uses the law to show them they need Jesus who came to fulfill the law...that they need His grace through faith. No worries!

I love someone to ask me what I'm on...
Because then I can say Jesus' love. You can feel the same...let me tell you what He's done for you...what Hes done for me since I was reborn!

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2018
We just see Calmers quote differently. What I hear is show em Jesus and it gets their attention by sparking interest so then you can share Christ and the cross and God's plan. We agree...so there's no argument there.
Just like God uses the law of Moses today. Man hears the commandments and God uses the law to show them they need Jesus who came to fulfill the law...that they need His grace through faith. No worries!

I love someone to ask me what I'm on...
Because then I can say Jesus' love. You can feel the same...let me tell you what He's done for you...what Hes done for me since I was reborn!
I understand what your saying Sister. A good sign of us actually doing what we are suppose to be doing is persecution.