I'm not the girl for you.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
I know we've had similar threads, but this one can be more laid back...

Lately I've found myself saying "I'd never date/marry someone who ________."

Like I said... you don't have to be too serious.. have fun. I'll start.

If you like to air your dirty laundry on social media... then I'm not the girl for you.

If you wear socks with flipflops... I'm not the girl for you.

If you don't have a sense of humor.... I'm not your girl.

If U r¡t3 Ur $3n+3n€$ l¡k3 +h¡s... I'm definitely not your girl.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
If you don't like orange kitties, I'm not your girl. :cool:

Feb 26, 2018
If you don't like dogs, i'm not the girl for you.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
If you fart near people and think it's hilarious when they complain about it... I'm not the guy for you.

If you are expecting marriage to bring your life purpose, meaning and happiness... I'm not the guy for you.

(Sorry, that's all I could think of. All the rest are things I do that (a hypothetical) she would find annoying.)

If somebody who hums or sings at any given time is annoying... I'm not the guy for you.

If it bugs you when somebody thinks of a song lyric to match everything you might say... I'm not the guy for you.

If you can't stand a guy who seems to have no ambition at all.... I'm not the guy for you.

If you hate dogs OR cats - notice that's an OR, not an AND - if either of them are intolerable... I'm not the guy for you.

If you don't like chocolate... you are a heretic and a blasphemer, chocolate is a gift from God, and I'm not the guy for you. :p

If you don't like to try odd food combinations that would not occur to "normal" people (but surprisingly turn out tasting mighty good!)... I'm not the guy for you.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
I know we've had similar threads, but this one can be more laid back...

Lately I've found myself saying "I'd never date/marry someone who ________."

Like I said... you don't have to be too serious.. have fun. I'll start.

If you like to air your dirty laundry on social media... then I'm not the girl for you.

If you wear socks with flipflops... I'm not the girl for you.

If you don't have a sense of humor.... I'm not your girl.

If U r¡t3 Ur $3n+3n€$ l¡k3 +h¡s... I'm definitely not your girl.
I wear socks with slippers, but not flip flops... :rolleyes:

Feb 26, 2018
If your heart is not honest and humble, I am not the one for you.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
If you go through 8 cans of Axe body spray a week (and there are only 7 days in a week, mind you) because you don't shower, I ain't the girl for you.

B

Bella37

If you have no sense of humour, & you like to be controlling, I am NOT the girl 4 U! :mad:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
If you go through 8 cans of Axe body spray a week (and there are only 7 days in a week, mind you) because you don't shower, I ain't the girl for you.
Does it have to be Axe to count? Does this mean a guy could get away with not showering if he used 17 cans per week of some other kind of body spray?

This reminds me of a Dude & Dude comic, about a couple of surfer dudes who work at a coffee shop on the beach. They wake up and one says, "Dude, we overslept. We got like five minutes to get to work."
"No time for a shower then."
"Body spray?"
"Body spray."

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Does it have to be Axe to count? Does this mean a guy could get away with not showering if he used 17 cans per week of some other kind of body spray?

This reminds me of a Dude & Dude comic, about a couple of surfer dudes who work at a coffee shop on the beach. They wake up and one says, "Dude, we overslept. We got like five minutes to get to work."
"No time for a shower then."
"Body spray?"
"Body spray."
The only thing worse than using Axe body spray... would be using a generic body spray instead.

Actually... don't tell anyone this, but I'm actually partial to Old Spice. What can I say. I'm old school.

And, I'm not talking about the occasional emergency situations we all have. I'm just saying, if a guy thinks that body spray is a regular substitute for regular hygiene that includes real water and real soap (not to mention tooth brushing, and on a daily basis), I just ain't the girl for him.

Last edited:
A

Amazing-Grace

I've never heard of Axe body spray, we have Lynx body spray here - I guess it's the same one but re-named for the British market. It's supposed to make men a magnet to women LOL. It doesn't work ;)

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
The title of your thread would make for a good post on the "scare off a date with 1 phrase!" thread. :eek:

D

DCrawshawJr

If you expect me to shower you with gifts on a constant basis...I'm not the guy for you.

If you want nothing to do with your parents (or mine)...I'm not the guy for you. I believe in leaving and cleaving, but I also believe in honor.

If you think I have to pull all the weight in the relationship, let alone a marriage...I'm not the guy for you.

If we're at least semi-serious, and, barring reasonable circumstances, I'm the only one who starts a conversation with you...I'm not the guy for you. (This is a big one, even if we're just good friends, at least talk to me!)

If you want marriage in the future and you're not willing to sit down with me and look up both our marital responsibilities in Scripture...I'm not the guy for you.

If you want marriage and you're not willing to undergo pre-marital counseling...I'm not the guy for you.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
If you can't laugh (or at least groan with a smile) at my puns, I'm not the guy for you.

If you think "white chocolate" is chocolate, I'm not the guy for you.

If your vocabulary is less than 1,000 words, I'm not the guy for you.

If you won't watch any "Lord of the Rings" movies, but expect me to watch rom-coms, I'm not the guy for you.

If you are legally prohibited from entering Canada, I'm not the guy for you.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I've never heard of Axe body spray, we have Lynx body spray here - I guess it's the same one but re-named for the British market. It's supposed to make men a magnet to women LOL. It doesn't work ;)
Well yeah, I could have told you that... :(

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
Just in case anyone's wondering.... I'm not the girl for you. :rolleyes: