I'm Really a Nice Person Until....(what gets your goat)?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
Bullies, unfairness, injustice, cruelty to animals, inconsideration. Gee that's quite a long list lol.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Which level are we taking this to? Things that make us stop actively being nice to someone, or things that make us START being actively against someone?

If it's the first, my list is quite long. I don't have time to spend on anybody who is rude, vapid, vain, inconsiderate, the list goes on and on. All I can think of when I'm around those people is that old xkcd cartoon: "You were once shoved head-first through someone's vagina. Why are you acting all stuck-up?"

If it's the second, the list has only one entry: My claws don't come out until someone attacks someone else who didn't deserve being attacked. Then I have no compunction about doing anything I deem necessary to the attacker.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Hey Tabin,

What a great thread and thanks for the shout out, lol. :geek:

I just happen to have an entire flock of goats, and probably the number one thing that sets them all a bleating would be when humble people are made fun of for something that they earnestly struggle with or isn't their fault.

I've been blessed to know people from all different backgrounds who have been made fun of and criticized for everything under the sun: too thin, too fat, too poor, too rich, look a certain way, don't look a certain way, from a certain family (pastor's kid, for example,) not from the right family, from a certain race (or races,) not from a certain race, in a certain profession, not in a certain profession, too Christian, not Christian enough, etc. -- and the list goes on and on. It especially bothers me when it happens within the church.

When I was younger, I carried a lot of anger from various events in my life, and to be honest, I don't really think of myself as a nice person.

Rather, I hold a lot in and see it more as a matter of, "How long can I stay civilized in this situation?" My problem is that I can only hold it in for so long, and when I do wind up exploding, people act like it came out of nowhere because they don't realize that it's building up like a pressure cooker and I'm just trying harder and harder to stuff it down. Then I get mad because I feel like they don't really know me and have no clue that I've been catering to them almost the entire time, then I get mad at MYSELF for not trying to set boundaries in the first place.

These days, I do everything I can to try to just leave the situation before I literally burst out of control (which is why I love the forums -- I can just shut down my laptop before anything hits critical level.)

Well... at least... Sometimes. :cool:

Going_Nowhere

Nov 10, 2019
One thing that could set me off is....someone invading my space....and they won't get off my back. I'm a solitary person so I don't want someone constantly bugging me. Would drive me insane.

Willow

Oct 10, 2021
ohio
I would say something that bothers me is lazy and entitled people. Also people who can't drive. Most times just shrug it off and give them to God. But do have a few at my work that make my brain twitch. So thankfully I am able to wear earbuds. Best negative blocker there is :) .I find most that have something to say are miserable human beings and mainly do not like themselves sadly. I am always polite either way. But do tell myself I do not live with this person thank you Lord!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
If it's the second, the list has only one entry: My claws don't come out until someone attacks someone else who didn't deserve being attacked. Then I have no compunction about doing anything I deem necessary to the attacker.
I'm the same way. Say anything about me as I don't really care but don't attack someone I care about. The gloves come off then. No more Mr. Nce Guy.

Vindicator

Nov 11, 2021
If I'm being honest, it's the talent some people have for being ignorant, spiritually blind and judgmental all at the same time.

You wouldn't think those go together, but some people manage to make it work surprisingly well.

J

joecoten

What bothers me is when someone is too proud to say, "I'm sorry."
But perhaps that's because that's what I demand of myself.

Vindicator

Nov 11, 2021
Oopsie.

Just realized I'm in the "Christian Singles" forum. My train left that station a long time ago.

Willow

Oct 10, 2021
ohio
What bothers me is when someone is too proud to say, "I'm sorry."
But perhaps that's because that's what I demand of myself.
Oh my goodness my ex was that way. He would run into me in the kitchen . Never said he was sorry or even excuse me. Disturbingly sad really.

J

joecoten

Oh my goodness my ex was that way. He would run into me in the kitchen . Never said he was sorry or even excuse me. Disturbingly sad really.
My ex said sorry to me once. Considering how superior she was to me, I was fortunate to get that.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Oopsie.

Just realized I'm in the "Christian Singles" forum. My train left that station a long time ago.
The first time I posted in the Singles forum was an accident, too :giggle:

I was here at least a year at the time that happened :unsure:

Though I am not married...

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Oopsie.

This is a place to hang out and chat. Stick around. If we kicked the married people out we would miss out on a lot of interesting chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
My ex said sorry to me once. Considering how superior she was to me, I was fortunate to get that.
I had a bf who never said he was sorry. Not once. It was never his fault :rolleyes:

Not even when the police came :unsure:

That was my fault for making noise while he beat me up.

J

joecoten

I guess I could've apologized for bruising her knuckles with my face.