I'm Really A Nice Person Until...someone steps on my foot.
Have you ever wondered why it is socially acceptable to tease/mock people about some personal matters, but not others?![]()
That's probably as clear as mud, so here are some examples:
Why is it seemingly okay to make remarks about thin people, but not heavy people?
Or okay to make jokes about someone you think is pretty, but not about someone you think is ugly?
Or okay to make remarks about rich people, but not poor people?
Or, as djness said...it's not okay for homosexuals to mock christians, but it's okay for christians to make jokes about homosexuals?
This stuff makes my doublestandard meter hit tilt.
Could be a matter of sensitivity. - Thin people generally aren't sensitive about being thin, while heavy people may be, the same with pretty and ugly, rich and poor. Christians generally aren't sensitive about being a christian (again, generally), however homosexuals generally are very sensitive about it. - Their identity tends to be so bound up in it and they desperately want to be seen as normal, thus they are very sensitive to it.
Have you ever wondered why it is socially acceptable to tease/mock people about some personal matters, but not others?![]()
That's probably as clear as mud, so here are some examples:
Why is it seemingly okay to make remarks about thin people, but not heavy people?
Or okay to make jokes about someone you think is pretty, but not about someone you think is ugly?
Or okay to make remarks about rich people, but not poor people?
Or, as djness said...it's not okay for homosexuals to mock christians, but it's okay for christians to make jokes about homosexuals?
This stuff makes my doublestandard meter hit tilt.
I'm Really A Nice Person Until...someone steps on my foot.
This made me laugh because I have victory over foul language until I stub my toe.![]()
I can't imagine you angry, Error. You seem too kind and sweet to ever be angry, and I really like that about you. Don't ever change, ok?!![]()
Ya know what else makes me angry? No good baby daddies.![]()