In terms of shopping, well I go to both the I suppose national supermarkets but also shop in Asian ones where the food of course is Asian (and generally fresher or cheaper) . Of course most all the packaged products would have Chinese writing on and mostly I can't read them so need translation, but when you grow up eating the food, it's just natural thing for you.
There used to be a huge stigma over Chinese restaurant food (use of MSG) and also, the takeaway had to modify their traditional dishes to appeal more to European tastes. But people nowadays are a lot more adventurous with cuisine and...now we can sample food from all over the world. Thank you globalisation, maybe that''s one of the good things about it.
However...air miles. And also its best to grow your own. Another thing, I have had to sometimes teach people how to use chopsticks (it gets better with practice) just as I had to learn european table manners, and they are quite different.
There used to be a huge stigma over Chinese restaurant food (use of MSG) and also, the takeaway had to modify their traditional dishes to appeal more to European tastes. But people nowadays are a lot more adventurous with cuisine and...now we can sample food from all over the world. Thank you globalisation, maybe that''s one of the good things about it.
However...air miles. And also its best to grow your own. Another thing, I have had to sometimes teach people how to use chopsticks (it gets better with practice) just as I had to learn european table manners, and they are quite different.

