In heaven we will have a body of flesh and blood. Very interesting because angels can take on human form

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 27, 2023
Right, the elements will melt away so everything seems to be perishable (and that is reflected by the concept of atrophy), so must put on incorruption in order to withstand the meltdown.
Agreed…
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Still… only 2 options… You can’t put on immortality in a corruptible mortal body.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
Agreed…
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Still… only 2 options… You can’t put on immortality in a corruptible mortal body.
So when (not if but when) this corruptible shall have put incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then death is swallowed up...
immortality 'swallows up' the mortal.

this is the best illustration I can come up with of how 'changed in the twinkling of an eye' will happen...:LOL:

Aug 27, 2023
is the body of Jesus banned from the kingdom of God as abominable, or is it welcomed as the "very good" unspoiled creation of the Most High?
is the body of Jesus banned from the kingdom of God as abominable, or is it welcomed as the "very good" unspoiled creation of the Most High?
I believe neither. It would seem there are rules to be followed in the flesh..

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
What makes Christ risen body an immortal flesh be will have?

Php_3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
Understood…. But it would seem that the sun will no longer exist, since there will be no night, we have no need for it.

5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

If true, it has a lifespan….

Not needing a candle doesn't mean candles don't exist. The city doesn't need the sun for light because it will have another light but that doesn't mean the sun does not exist at that time.

Aug 27, 2023
Php_3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.
Noted… I agree with the scripture… the glorious body is not one of flesh.

Random question Bro,
Why does this glorious body have wounds?

A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”

Aug 27, 2023
Not needing a candle doesn't mean candles don't exist. The city doesn't need the sun for light because it will have another light but that doesn't mean the sun does not exist at that time.
I agree….
But if there will be no night there,???? Know what I mean….

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
Noted… I agree with the scripture… the glorious body is not one of flesh.
It is flesh, glorious flesh.

Random question Bro,
Why does this glorious body have wounds?
His body had no wounds. It had scars for identificational purposes.

A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”

He was clearly flesh, but this was glorified flesh of the immortal body.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
The spiritual body is the celestial.
just as the natural is the terrestrial…

Yes, these are figurative representations using symbols the people of the day could understand. It also teaches that the new body comes from "up there", exactly as Paul said.

Aug 27, 2023
Yes we will be changed… Paul said the changing is from flesh to spirit, not from flesh to better flesh.

What evidence do we have to say the body Christ rose in is the body we will be changed into?

Aug 27, 2023
It is flesh, glorious flesh.

His body had no wounds. It had scars for identificational purposes.

He was clearly flesh, but this was glorified flesh of the immortal body.
According to Paul there is no flesh immortal body. Because there is only two body’s… so the glorious body is either flesh or spirit.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
According to Paul there is no flesh immortal body. Because there is only two body’s… so the glorious body is either flesh or spirit.
The word "soma" implies a physical body.
The adjective "spiritual" does not mean that body is a spirit, else the word "body" would be superfluous at best and contradictory at worst.

Christ bodily arose. He specifically proved to the disciples that He was flesh, not a spirit, after His resurrection. for me that is enough to know that denying a physical resurrection is misinterpretation.
He is The Firstborn and we will be raised in the same way, incorruptible - our bodies cleansed of all sin just as our souls have been.
Romans 8: this is the very hope in which we were saved, the redemption - not the destruction - of our bodies.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Romans 7 - - our bodies now are carnal, having the nature of the dust, under the curse of corruption.
Romans 8 - - our redeemed bodies will be spiritual, meaning in agreement with the Spirit, the creation itself having been redeemed.

why does all creation groan waiting for the appearance of the sons of God if it means the annihilation of the creation?
Do we groan in hope of that day or in dread of it?

this is easy, to me, if we just consider God's character. He is The Saviour, not Abaddon the destroyer. what He does is save. He created the dust and called it good. He cursed it for Adam's sake - for his benefit - and He will not forsake it.

We, and the earth with us, will be restored at least to the pre-sin state, if not even more glorious, Christ walking in the garden with us, our light and life. sin will be defeated and the last enemy, death, destroyed.

does this mean annihilation of His creation? i do not think so. that is antithetical to the meaning of the word "redeem"

Bruce_Leiter

Feb 17, 2023
"Look at My hands and My feet. It is I Myself. Touch Me and see—for a spirit does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.” Luke 24:39.
In Genesis 6 angels had bodies of flesh and blood. Like Jesus, they can take human form.
I like another interpretation of the beginning of Genesis 6 better. That idea is that the two groups are the descendants of Cain (daughters) and those who descended from Adan through Seth (sons of God). The latter were the believing line who mixed with the unbelieving Cain's line to make the earth so wicked. This interpretation is the best because it takes into account the previous context describing those two lines.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I like another interpretation of the beginning of Genesis 6 better. That idea is that the two groups are the descendants of Cain (daughters) and those who descended from Adan through Seth (sons of God). The latter were the believing line who mixed with the unbelieving Cain's line to make the earth so wicked. This interpretation is the best because it takes into account the previous context describing those two lines.
God destroyed all the living souls on earth because of some ill-advised marriages between two different social classes?

lol, my friend.

Bruce_Leiter

Feb 17, 2023
According to the story about Jesus, a body of flesh and bone can go through walls. Jesus appeared suddenly in the room.
I find many Christians have preconceived ideas on heaven, our bodies in heaven, what we'll be able to do. I talked to one Christian friend who kept repeating, we'll worship Jesus, we'll worship Jesus, we'll worship Jesus....mention about our body, eating, drinking, working....he just repeats, we'll worship Jesus.
Jesus has a human body; that's true. However, only our souls go to heaven when we die. When Jesus returns, our souls will come with him, as 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 says. Then, our souls and resurrected bodies (yes, flesh and bones) will enter the new earth to dwell there.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
However, only our souls go to heaven when we di
If that's where 'Abraham's bosom' is.
'location' may be a wrong kind of language to talk about such a thing, in the sense we use the word, honestly.

i really don't know..... yet!