inaccuracies in the KJV ???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

oldhermit

Jul 28, 2012
Alabama
Why the KJV? There is not a translation in existence that does not have some translational issues.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
What are the inaccuracies in the KJV ???
Because this topic tends to get inflamed rather quickly, and has been discussed at great length here, I would suggest that you do some research on it on the wider web.

There are many sources of information. Some are "pro-KJV", some are neutral, and there may be a few that are "anti-KJV". Consider the source of any information, as it may be biased one way or another, and may distort the real situation or lead the reader to certain conclusions rather than leading them to truth. Remember that non-Christian sites may quote Scripture, but if they quote the KJV, it can look like they are attacking the KJV instead of merely "the Bible".

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
There is no perfectly translated Bible………...not one. Allow the Holy Spirit to lead through the scriptures, the brain will never do.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
What are the inaccuracies in the KJV ???
Study the KJV yourself and see if any errors pop up. If you find one in your own study, without searching those anti-bible websites, then report the error here.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Why the KJV? There is not a translation in existence that does not have some translational issues.
I would say because there's no one whoever claims that one of the new versions is the word of God.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Good to see no one has come forward with an error.

But still there are a lot of people who bash the KJV and say it has errors..
Be patient...it's coming

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011

The KJV will always be my favorite. The original translation had some erros which over the years have been corrected. I believe it still makes mention of the unicorn, but that is a monor one which has the actual Hebrew word for a type of buffalo I belive........nothing earth shattering.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
The KJV will always be my favorite. The original translation had some erros which over the years have been corrected. I believe it still makes mention of the unicorn, but that is a monor one which has the actual Hebrew word for a type of buffalo I belive........nothing earth shattering.
The mention of the Unicorn is NOT a mistake. Modern usage of the Word Unicorn is where the problem is..

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I'm noting the tone of comments made, and the "camps" of the contributors. There's a pattern, and it doesn't surprise me.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
There's no need to erect another straw man. Time's a wastin'. Move on with your Christian life and do something profitable.
That is not a straw man. Learning where a 400 year old English translation can be improved helps us better understand the scriptures.
The text about Jesus changing the Greek word for Love has meaning to our understanding of the text in question.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Because this topic tends to get inflamed rather quickly, and has been discussed at great length here, I would suggest that you do some research on it on the wider web.

There are many sources of information. Some are "pro-KJV", some are neutral, and there may be a few that are "anti-KJV". Consider the source of any information, as it may be biased one way or another, and may distort the real situation or lead the reader to certain conclusions rather than leading them to truth. Remember that non-Christian sites may quote Scripture, but if they quote the KJV, it can look like they are attacking the KJV instead of merely "the Bible".
You are likely correct. Personally, only those who major in minors flame. Where it improves our understanding of scripture it is worth intelligent discussion. Please, post links and book titles that you are aware of that improves one's understanding of scripture based on improving the understanding of scriptures.

Thanks,
Daniel

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Study the KJV yourself and see if any errors pop up. If you find one in your own study, without searching those anti-bible websites, then report the error here.
Unicorn and wicked bible comes up, but I already know the answers to both. Unicorns never existed and the wicked bible was a misprint.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI

Asking an intelligent question is not bashing. Human's make mistakes and our understandings of translation has improved, increased over 400 years.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
well know addition of I John trinity verse is a clearly known error. I believe in the trinity myself.