Insulated from the great commission

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
When homes and businesses were flooding in the midwest last year, God chose that instead of using my training and experience, I should sit alone in a room with my thumbs up my ykw.

When people were facing the deepest, most dangerous freeze of their lives, God decided that I should sit alone in a corner twiddling my thumbs instead of making our warm, comfortable home available to those who's furnaces couldn't keep up.

When we received the inheritance from my father's estate, God deemed that I should keep the money for myself instead of sharing it with the less fortunate.

Why am I the only one God exempts from the great commission?

K

KnowMe

When homes and businesses were flooding in the midwest last year, God chose that instead of using my training and experience, I should sit alone in a room with my thumbs up my ykw.

When people were facing the deepest, most dangerous freeze of their lives, God decided that I should sit alone in a corner twiddling my thumbs instead of making our warm, comfortable home available to those who's furnaces couldn't keep up.

When we received the inheritance from my father's estate, God deemed that I should keep the money for myself instead of sharing it with the less fortunate.

It’s very possible God has other plans for them to help them to open up their eyes and see, sometimes in such devastation God allows folks to see it experience it and then brings them out of those ashes for the better. Your race on the road may have a sea of potholes but that is not a reason to stop running the race. maybe the passing of the torch to the next racer who hasn’t come your way yet and God is waiting for him to see your torch and be guided by it. there’s nothing wrong with sitting and waiting we just have to remind our selves it’s His timing not ours.

K

KnowMe

Hold us together Matt Maher

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011

Do you worship Jesus? Pray in His name? Do you believe Him and do yur best to do as He teaches? I do not know about the great commission other than people use the term in place of believing Jeuss and this incurs doing His biddign. If you believe you are doing His will.....

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Guessing there is a wee bit of sarcasm in your comment?

If it bothers you so much, why don't you begin now to fulfill His will? Rather than dwell on what you failed to do, focus on what needs doing now and get busy doing His work.

And the message that this applies to ALL of us isn't lost.........

Nov 26, 2012

I suppose if it is truly God who tells people to not participate in coming to the assistance of those in need, then it is to teach a lesson hard learned. Those who put their faith in possessions, are faced with the hard reality that material possessions are fleeting. Those who are facing physical hardships, find strength in adversity, and power in prayer. Those who have not learned how to earn or manage money possibly shouldn’t benefit from the hard work of someone who did. I definitely picked up that you were asking a rhetorical question but sometimes when man helps man, God loses the glory.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I suppose if it is truly God who tells people to not participate in coming to the assistance of those in need, then it is to teach a lesson hard learned. Those who put their faith in possessions, are faced with the hard reality that material possessions are fleeting. Those who are facing physical hardships, find strength in adversity, and power in prayer. Those who have not learned how to earn or manage money possibly shouldn’t benefit from the hard work of someone who did. I definitely picked up that you were asking a rhetorical question but sometimes when man helps man, God loses the glory.
To your last sentence, it is always best to ask our Father when to help others and how….though we are perfetly welcomed by Him to give to all who seem to need without asking who they are.

S

selfdissolving

God doesn't need our help with anything.

He had it all figured out a very long time before we were ever born, and when we die, things will continue on without us.

Perhaps we should strive to be at his feet like Mary was, instead of striving to be like Martha?

All things happen according to his Sovereign will, and there is nothing that he does not exercise dominion over.

When we understand that and trust in him, anxiety, fear and worry are gone!

Praise the Lord for his wonderful rest!

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013

True we should be doing a LOT more to help one another, but that is not the primary purpose of the Great Commission:
Matthew 28:16-20 New International Version (NIV)
The Great Commission
16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

This from Got questions:
It is interesting that, in the original Greek, the only direct command in Matthew 28:19–20 is “make disciples.” The Great Commission instructs us to make disciples while we are going throughout the world. The instructions to “go,” “baptize,” and “teach” are indirect commands—participles in the original. How are we to make disciples? By baptizing them and teaching them all that Jesus commanded. “Make disciples” is the primary command of the Great Commission. “Going,” “baptizing,” and “teaching” are the means by which we fulfill the command to “make disciples.”

A disciple is someone who receives instruction from another person; a Christian disciple is a baptized follower of Christ, one who believes the teaching of Christ. A disciple of Christ imitates Jesus’ example, clings to His sacrifice, believes in His resurrection, possesses the Holy Spirit, and lives to do His work. The command in the Great Commission to “make disciples” means to teach or train people to follow and obey Christ.

Many understand Acts 1:8 as part of the Great Commission as well: “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” The Great Commission is enabled by the power of the Holy Spirit. We are to be Christ’s witnesses, fulfilling the Great Commission in our cities (Jerusalem), in our states and countries (Judea and Samaria), and anywhere else God sends us (to the ends of the earth).

Nov 26, 2012
To your last sentence, it is always best to ask our Father when to help others and how….though we are perfetly welcomed by Him to give to all who seem to need without asking who they are.
Agreed. I think when being charitable, it is important to do it in His Name so the recipient is fully aware from whom they are being blessed, not us, Him.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
I don't believe in God and Jesus Christ, I KNOW. I do pray to Him for guidance. And for those who didn't follow along in the previous threads, the issue isn't a lack of trying, but that in only 1 out of 10,000 opportunities to spread good will in His Name, He doesn't throw up a brick wall to stop it.

The consensus of that thread was "it's not my time". But I don't buy that.

What part of 'not my time' precludes me from sharing a financial windfall - that God gave me -with the less fortunate?

What part of 'not my time' precludes me from slinging sandbags - a skill and experience God gave me - to help save homes and businesses?

What part of 'not my time' says I can't use the fortress home - that God gave us - to shelter people being froze out of their own homes?

How many times did Jesus tell a rich person to share their wealth with the less fortunate?

How many times did Jesus tell us not to bury our talents in the ground or hide our light under a bushel?

How many times did Jesus tell us to be giving caring people towards others, even our enemies?

Never, EVER, have I ever seen an asterisk that led to small print saying "some exclusions apply".

Someone else I've been talking with said something that I have been sensing for a while now... I don't need people trying to answer these questions, I need people to take and make my case for me before God.

Every time God puts a wall up between me and someone who needs something God has gifted me with, He denies me the opportunity to entertain angels unawares.

Hey Big Guy, it's been 57 years since you saved me and started showering me with blessings. How about You let me do what YOU tell us to do with such things???

Nov 4, 2018

Any person describing the placement of their thumbs as you did , may very well be physically ready to serve the Lord, but with the spiritual readiness you demonstrated, it is no wonder you were not called.
Mt 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Exactly. Thank you.

But it's a question of which comes first, the chicken or the egg?

I have been on my knees in fervent prayer, I have been speaking the word of God. Peace and love have been on my lips. For 57 years. In a room to myself.

I try to speak those words to people and the wall just magically appears. People tune out, they interrupt, they turn and walk away. Others drop out of the sky and take over.

57 years. In a room by myself. Because God won't let me interact with the rest of humanity, despite equipping and training me to do that very exact thing.

Oh you think thumb placement was bad, you should hear some of the things I said to God last year. I got raked over the coals of hell last year and I don't want to do that again.

But that requires God stop with this idle hands and lips thing and GIVE ME SOMETHING TO DO. Or at least stop stonewalling the efforts I may make on my own to do and be

WHAT YOU COMMANDED ME TO DO AND BE.

Again, show me ONE scripture, one command that says "some exemptions apply".

And anticipating the next argument, yes I do know we don't know what comes of our actions downstream. That's the thing. I rarely even get the chance to drop a line in the water. You can't have ripples down stream if you're not allowed in the water.

Like I said, I need advocates. Intercessors. Who'll ask God to put His trowel down and let me do what He told me to do with what He gives me to do it with.

K

KnowMe

It might help to look at the life Jesus, when was the time he did most of the miracles at 5 at 10 at 20 years old? imagine knowing who you are early on and not doing early on what you were meant to do.

K

KnowMe

Your most profound doing may come at the last hour.

K

KnowMe

Your not alone at all, many many people feel the same I know the feeling as well. in our human state we can be like racing dogs waiting for the gate to be open jumping around getting anxious irritated can set still we think and see in the physical which is a temporary state, we can’t see the big cake baking and the right time to pull it out only God knows the right time to pull the cake.

M

Miri

Hi Ricky I’m sort of in a similar position looking after my aunt,

Prior to 2013 I was heavily involved in the church and part of the worship
team. In the past I’ve also had an opportunity to go on children’s camps,
help at open airs, help at a Christian charity, teach Sunday school and much
much more.

Now it feels like everything has stopped. I don’t even manage to get to
church more than a couple of Sundays a month.

But I know God has plans after this season I’m in.

I’ve had dreams about this and I think I understand that this time is about
preparation, preparing me!

A good while ago I had a series of dreams one after the other.

First one I was looking down at a blue print of a train tunnel.

Second dream I was sat on a grassy embankment looking at a very old
unused overgrown train tunnel.

Third dream I was in the tunnel it was dark but hanging from the ceiling were
question marks, as if this was my time to ask questions about God and about
myself. A time of darkness but growing too. Around when I had that dream I dug
out loads of stuff about treasures in darkness and finding God in the darkness. Try
that as a bible study it’s very interesting.

Fourth dream the roof of the tunnel cracked open and I say bright blue sky but I
was still in the train tunnel. But it seemed as if there was something about to happen.

Fifth dream I was on board an old cowboy style train travelling through the
countryside I was out of the tunnel. On the floor were letters which kept
spelling out the word bigger picture.

I’m explaining all this because it’s in our hidden, dark times that God moulds us
shapes us and asks us to trust in him. He has plans for us that one day will come
to fruition.

In the meantime it may seem like nothing is happening but even posting on CC can be
a form of help and ministry. Have you ever considered that? Use your knowledge and
abilities to pray for people on here and encourage them. Every little thing we do for
Christ is noticed. Even just opening a door, sharing a meal, carrying a bag, giving up
a seat on a bus etc.

Maybe you are doing more than you think without even realising it.

Sometimes God starts off with the little things and uses those to train us up.

I see your eagerness to do more, just do what comes your way for now and
prayer God will bring people and circumstances your way no matter how big
or small. In the meantime let God continue to work on you. ♥️

Nov 4, 2018
Exactly. Thank you.

I have been on my knees in fervent prayer, I have been speaking the word of God. Peace and love have been on my lips. For 57 years. In a room to myself.

I try to speak those words to people and the wall just magically appears. People tune out, they interrupt, they turn and walk away. Others drop out of the sky and take over.

57 years. In a room by myself. Because God won't let me interact with the rest of humanity, despite equipping and training me to do that very exact thing.

Oh you think thumb placement was bad, you should hear some of the things I said to God last year. I got raked over the coals of hell last year and I don't want to do that again.

But that requires God stop with this idle hands and lips thing and GIVE ME SOMETHING TO DO. Or at least stop stonewalling the efforts I may make on my own to do and be

And anticipating the next argument, yes I do know we don't know what comes of our actions downstream. That's the thing. I rarely even get the chance to drop a line in the water. You can't have ripples down stream if you're not allowed in the water.

Like I said, I need advocates. Intercessors. Who'll ask God to put His trowel down and let me do what He told me to do with what He gives me to do it with.
Mathew 15:11, 18 came to mind when I read your description of the thumb placement. How can you accurately represent our Lord if your heart is such that you would speak this way. As a believer, I was made sorrowful for you, can you imagine how a non believer would respond or think? Who does your desire to evangelize serve, the Lord or yourself. Instead of praying for the Lord to get out of your way, you should be praying for Him to lead you, praying for the ability to hear Him and listen to Him.
Are you in unity with the brethren and leaders were you assemble?
Do you pray and study the bible with the brethren?
I strongly encourage you to open your heart to your assembly leaders and elders, and let them help you discover why you remain as you are, I pray you will do so.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Exactly. Thank you.

There are no trees on you path. The road is ful of ruts and dips. It is a dark way,,, with the light within only.

Have you not considered you are being held in abeyance for the time when your service is required, service to eternal reward? I have.

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy

Tell me! How do you know you are not obeying the Great Commission? RIGHT IN THESE FORUMS!

Just because you don't "physically SEE" who, or whom are being led to Christ, or Christianity, just in the reading of YOUR testimonies IN HERE?

Egadz man! Give your SELF a break, ay? :)

This forum reaches World Wide!

There are many who read these forums that never join!

How many seeds get planted because of you?

You can tell yourself that you're exempt from the Great Commission!

You'll not get me to believe ya though! ;)