Interest in Natural Health Forum?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 27, 2020
Yes, I am interested in natural health. I would like to read about any remedies, be it food, exercise, relaxation techniques, etc. that people have tried for any type of ailment that afflicts us.

Mar 27, 2020
Greetings Wayne_Gearing! I go into a heated pool so the weather doesn't bother me. You must live in the southern hemisphere going into winter. I was born in South Africa so I know what it is like. We used to go swimming in the ocean in the mornings before school, then have a cold shower when we got home. Those were to good old days. Went to chair yoga this morning and it was great. With the coronavirus we have to keep healthy as it seems to be spreading. Praying that they will get it under control soon. Keep well!
We should post about types of food or exercise that we have found to work that boosts our immune system to improve the chances of survival for people lacking. I will post some now on March 28, 2020.

Mar 27, 2020
I don't know if I had a cold or corona virus, but I had headache, sniffles, slight sore throat, and a funny feeling in my abdomen as if the virus was trying to penetrate my internal organs. I used this isometric exercise to stop it. I just tensed up all my muscles (legs, stomach, arms and shoulders) for 90 seconds, then relaxed. The funny feeling in my abdomen disappeared but I still felt it around my spine. So I straightened up my back, chest out, and concentrated on tensing up the muscles around my spine for another 90 seconds .The funny feeling disappeared although I still had the headache, sniffles, and slight sore throat. I used to do get rid of toothaches in a similar fashion by pretending to bite down on something without letting my upper and lower teeth touch, and holding my jaws clenched like this for 90 seconds. Try to focus the clench on the sore tooth. This worked for two friends also. Think of it as physiotherapy.

Mar 27, 2020
There was a Mexican comedian who used to say in his act that Mexicans don't get colds because they burn the virus out with hot peppers. He said fresh ones were better than the ones in a jar. Those are too hot for my wimpy tongue but I now always eat hot banana peppers from a jar and although my cold is not cured, it is much, much less severe. A fever is the bodies way of fighting a virus. Why wouldn't hot peppers help? Can't hurt. Some common colds are a type of corona virus, after all.

Mar 27, 2020
I think that cutting up a new, fresh pineapple and eating it helps the immune system. That's what they say. Tastes fantastic and gives you a little jolt. Pineapples contain Bromelain which supports digestion in the intestinal tract and has an anti-inflammatory effect, high in vitamin C. Immune functions of the body are stimulated and thus more resistant to infections, colds and flu."

Mar 27, 2020
I just read that the skin of almonds boosts the immune system to fight colds and flu.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
immune boosters

oregano
thyme
garlic
ginger
lemongrass or anything lemony
clay...use as mud pack or clay mask

use essential oils to cleanse and refresh you skin, gives it a layer of protection too, use a carrier oil like grapeseed, coconut, or almond
or you can use beeswax or bee balm

use decongestants like peppermint and eucalyptus to clear airways
since the virus is transmitted through droplets in the air its important to have fresh air. Clean your filters and make sure that when you dust, you are not just moving dust around, if you wearing a dust mask, wet it.

the virus could stick to dust. dont use your car if it contributes to air pollution. dont smoke. in congested cities, virus cases are worst.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Indian tonic water contains quinine which fights malaria and also viruses.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
apple cider vinegar can also clear or call an itchy throat just take a little
or otherwise make up a hot tonic of ginger beer and lemon juice
honey is also good especially manuka honey, the best is raw honey from an organic source. Manuka is good if you can get it.

Mar 27, 2020
apple cider vinegar can also clear or call an itchy throat just take a little
or otherwise make up a hot tonic of ginger beer and lemon juice
honey is also good especially manuka honey, the best is raw honey from an organic source. Manuka is good if you can get it.
Yes. I read that during World War 1, doctors would use honey on wounds when they ran out of medical supplies. They said it worked just as good. I use it on cuts because it does not sting like iodine and apparently leaves less scarring.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
other plants with anti viral properties include

astralagus
garlic
cats claw

AnitaK

Mar 30, 2020
We are very interested in natural medicine at our house. Our family doctor passed away about 10 years ago. At the time, we were fairly healthy and didn't pursue finding another one. After awhile, I just became accustomed to treating ailments at home.

There are several supplements and herbs that we use routinely for treating viruses. Colloidal silver is near the top of the list. I make my own, so ours is a combination of colloidal and ionic silver. Although the media is saying colloidal silver won't work on this virus, ionic silver killed the corona virus associated with SARS, so I have no doubt it will help with Covid 19. A supplement that is near the top of our list is liposomal vitamin C. It is different from regular C in that it is encapsulated in a lipid (fat) and therefore enters your system at the cellular level. It delivers only slightly less to your system that IV C and is great for helping you fight infections of any kind. Vitamin D is a staple at our house, too. We spend time outside and supplement 5000 IU daily through the winter months.

As for herbs, for viruses we use echinacea, olive leaf extract, monolaurin, GSE, Garlic...there are many! Someone earlier mentioned pineapple which is supposed to change your pH levels to kill viruses. I'll post a link from a site called healthwyze.org - I don't agree with many things they say. They're pretty adamant that some of our viruses, including Covid 19, are man made. I don't like that they don't state their sources when they claim such things. But I can say that anytime they have posted a protocol to treat an ailment, I have found it to be very effective. So you can read their article critically and make your own decisions. :)
Here's the link. Praying for good health - for my family and yours.
https://healthwyze.org/reports/1034-naturally-treating-the-wuhan-corona-virus-covid-19

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
in my handbook of prevention and treatment of covid 19 it lists quite a few chinese herbs used to support patients nutritionally who have contracted the virus.

for those familiar with chinese herbal medicine and understand the principles of ying and yang, I can share what foods you need, but have on hand any herbs that would be beneficial for clearing airways as decongestants.

eg eucalyptus, peppermint, camphor, pine, lavender

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
viruses arent man made but the deadly things they carry are.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
if I were to insert something in a virus i.e make an antivirus, I would make it carry Gods pure love.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
in the Bible it lists what herbs and spices are used in anointing oil.

check it out

spikenard
cassia
aloe vera

i will see if I cand find the scripture. I think it may be in Numbers. remember Miriam got leprosy and was made to stay outside the camp for a week till she repented.

Mar 27, 2020
We are very interested in natural medicine at our house. Our family doctor passed away about 10 years ago. At the time, we were fairly healthy and didn't pursue finding another one. After awhile, I just became accustomed to treating ailments at home.

There are several supplements and herbs that we use routinely for treating viruses. Colloidal silver is near the top of the list. I make my own, so ours is a combination of colloidal and ionic silver. Although the media is saying colloidal silver won't work on this virus, ionic silver killed the corona virus associated with SARS, so I have no doubt it will help with Covid 19. A supplement that is near the top of our list is liposomal vitamin C. It is different from regular C in that it is encapsulated in a lipid (fat) and therefore enters your system at the cellular level. It delivers only slightly less to your system that IV C and is great for helping you fight infections of any kind. Vitamin D is a staple at our house, too. We spend time outside and supplement 5000 IU daily through the winter months.

As for herbs, for viruses we use echinacea, olive leaf extract, monolaurin, GSE, Garlic...there are many! Someone earlier mentioned pineapple which is supposed to change your pH levels to kill viruses. I'll post a link from a site called healthwyze.org - I don't agree with many things they say. They're pretty adamant that some of our viruses, including Covid 19, are man made. I don't like that they don't state their sources when they claim such things. But I can say that anytime they have posted a protocol to treat an ailment, I have found it to be very effective. So you can read their article critically and make your own decisions. :)
Here's the link. Praying for good health - for my family and yours.
https://healthwyze.org/reports/1034-naturally-treating-the-wuhan-corona-virus-covid-19
The United States recommended daily allowance (U.S.R.D.A.) of Vitamin D is 600 I.U. for an adult under 70 years old. If you are over 70, it is 8oo I.U. The Mayo clinic says anything above 4000 I.U. is dangerous. I like echinacea but only if it says it's from the aerial parts of the plant and you have to take it at the early onset of the cold for it to work, in my opinion.

AnitaK

Mar 30, 2020
The United States recommended daily allowance (U.S.R.D.A.) of Vitamin D is 600 I.U. for an adult under 70 years old. If you are over 70, it is 8oo I.U. The Mayo clinic says anything above 4000 I.U. is dangerous. I like echinacea but only if it says it's from the aerial parts of the plant and you have to take it at the early onset of the cold for it to work, in my opinion.

I'm very aware of the things allopathic medicine says. Alternative doctors disagree with their recommendations. This thread is about natural medicine, not allopathic medicine, so that's what I shared. Personally, I've had better success with naturopathic recommendations, so I will follow those. I didn't tell anyone they should do what I do, I merely listed what I do. People are able to think for themselves with their God-given intelligence. I'll trust that they will choose to do so and make their own decisions.
I think most herbs work best if you use them earlier rather than later. I like to combine Echinacea with Olive Leaf Extract, but I've recently combined it with Monolaurin with good effect. I read recently that Echinacea is much more potent fresh than what you can buy in capsules, so that might be something to consider, too.

Feb 21, 2020
Don't have any funny feelings in my brain. I don't even think about meat as I enjoy the many raw and fresh veggies and fruits. I do make stir fries. I make different kinds of nut roasts and cut them up and have a supply when needed. I also make veggie meat balls and freeze them to use as needed. I use the legumes, nuts and grains. I may have fish occasionally but fish are not safe anymore as the oceans are polluted. I use some eggs, some light cheeses, and yoghurt. So I'm not completely vegan but almost vegan. Meat is not a part of my thinking. I think about what God recommended as the best diet for humans at creation. I think about our diet in heaven when we won't be killing animals to satisfy our appetites. We won't have those cravings, so why not start now and get rid of those cravings? It is all a matter of choice, and we are all free to choose. Why not choose the best?

Mar 27, 2020
I'm very aware of the things allopathic medicine says. Alternative doctors disagree with their recommendations. This thread is about natural medicine, not allopathic medicine, so that's what I shared. Personally, I've had better success with naturopathic recommendations, so I will follow those. I didn't tell anyone they should do what I do, I merely listed what I do. People are able to think for themselves with their God-given intelligence. I'll trust that they will choose to do so and make their own decisions.
I think most herbs work best if you use them earlier rather than later. I like to combine Echinacea with Olive Leaf Extract, but I've recently combined it with Monolaurin with good effect. I read recently that Echinacea is much more potent fresh than what you can buy in capsules, so that might be something to consider, too.
O.K. then. Just a friendly warning . I used to take two multivitamins a day for awhile, which added up to 800 I.U., and my head started to feel cloudy. Then I found out that Vitamin D builds up in the system and can cause brain damage.