Interpreting Divine Scripture.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cookie39

Oct 5, 2009
How are the 30,000 different denominations of christianity explained by this?

How are some denominations for or against tongues?
How are there different denominations for and against the rapture?
For and against faith vs works?
Calvinism and Arminiaism
Baptism and baptism of the Holy spirit?

Seems like if the holy spirit was one unified thing, it would be telling mankind the same universal message, to all believers. Funnily enough this is not the case?
First of all; All denominations are not of God.... and second if the Spirit is not there the Bible say YOU ARE NONE OF HIS.. And third. everyone who say Lord, Lord is NOT OF GOD. And last, The Holy Spirit of God only have one truth and he will only give it one way. And As the Bible say ok did you get that "THE BIBLE SAY"
NOT ME!! it comes BY REVELATION>>>> it say this OVER AND OVER AGAIN. get with the Holy Ghost... and he will teach it.... There is not many roads to God only one and one way and that is through the truth... and Jesus being that truth. God in times past winked and the mess man do... now after His Holy Son gave His life... nothing but judgement. Sweet heart every denomination do not HAVE THE HOLY GHOST... how do I know? Cause they LIE and say it is God; they rip up the Word and say it is interpretation. I challenge you to sit at the feet of God and learn of him. Just because many believe something does not make it true.

and from your question; I see you have not had the chance to talk to God about God. never ever go by what man say; let the Lord show you if He by His Holy Word agree or disagree. and your eyes will be opened to so much revelation knowledge it will bless you in ways not many get a chance to experience in a life time.

cookie39

Oct 5, 2009
Hi

Where did Jesus pbuh say that the scriptures can only be interpreted through the Holy Spirit ?
The BIBLE say that the Holy Ghost is our only teacher, the bible say that the HOLY SPIRIT will LEAD and Guide us into ALL truth..........AND AGAIN I DID NOT SAY INTERPRET NOTHING... TO INTERPRET IS ONE THING BUT REVELATION IS ANOTHER LEARN THAT THEN YOU WILL KNOW WHAT YOU SHOULD OR SHOULD NOT DO..... LOOK IT UP IN THE BIBLE, STUDY TO SHOW YOURSELF APPROVED UNTO GOD. Here is where you can start; Go to biblegateway.com type in REVELATION and see what it say about How Paul was taught; see who Peter and the other disciples got what they know--- God revealed it to them.... See How the mysteries of God was giving-- By Revelation. GOD REVEALS MAN Interpret. it is your choice to which one you rather have... God's giving revelations or man and his own way of thinking; interpretations. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING.

cookie39

Oct 5, 2009

Dear cookie39, and other Christian Chat friends,

Consider the following example from Bill Muehlenberg's column.

"Culture Watch Bill Muehlenberg's commentary on issues of the day ...

"Creedless Christianity"

"This phrase has a neat ring to it, especially to some Protestants. It certainly sounds

very spiritual. It is often used as a kind of religious one-upmanship: "You have all your

creeds and doctrines, but I am a "Jesus-Only Christian" or a "Bible-Only Christian".

"The idea is that the individual believer alone can know all biblical truth, and there is no

need for theology, doctrine, denominations, creeds, Christian history, or even the rest

of the Body of Christ. "No creed but Christ" has been a popular rallying cry for some of

these Christians, especially in America during the past few centuries.

"As one American Pentecostal preacher put it last century, "Brother, I know no creed

but Christ, no law but love, and no book but the Bible". And as one head of a Bible College

put it in the mid-nineteenth century, "I have endeavored to read the Scriptures as

though no one had read them before me".

"Now the problem with this sort of thinking is that there is of course some truth contained

in it. We all know of some believers who are all head and no heart. We all know of lifeless

Christianity where mere intellectualism has crowded out the Spirit-filled life.

"We all know of churches and Bible schools where theology reigns supreme but there is

little spiritual life and vitality. We all know of people who put the mind on a pedestal to

the exclusion of all else. We all know of dead orthodoxy and lifeless Christianity.

"But sadly, as is so often the case in church history, we rush away from one problematic

extreme, only to rush to another problematic extreme. If spiritually cold and

intellectually hot believers, churches and denominations can be problematic, so too can

theologically cold and emotionally hot ones.

"The ideal, as always, is to maintain the biblical balance. The truth is, we are called to

love God with the whole person. Thus we should be loving God with our mind as well as

with our will and emotions. Our faith should be Spirit-empowered and theologically

mature.

"We should embrace sound living and sound doctrine, just as Scripture exhorts us time

and time again. Paul for example said quite clearly, "Give heed to your life and your

teaching" (1 Timothy 4:16). Both are vital, and we should never play off one against

another. It is not a question of choosing head or heart, but of affirming both,

simultaneously.

"As the Bible repeatedly states, and as I have so often written about, the need for sound

theology or doctrine is paramount to the life of the believer. See just one article for

example: http:// www.billmuehlenberg.com/2006/09/26/in-defense-of-theology/

"None of us can live a dogma-free Christian life. Indeed, those who promote a dogma-free

faith are themselves pushing their own particular dogma. Those who argue for a

creedless Christianity are themselves promoting a particular creed. Any time someone

opposes a doctrine or creed or denomination or teaching, he is in fact endorsing his own.

"While it may sound spiritual, there really is no such thing as a denomination-less or

theology-less Christian. We all have certain beliefs, understandings, favorite teachings,

ways of interpreting Scripture, etc. We all have been influenced by the thinking, teaching

and beliefs of others ...."

http:// www.billmuehlenberg.com/2001/01/31/creedless-christianity/

God bless all of you.

In Erie PA, U.S.A., In search of Christ and His truths, Scott R. Harrington

Ok I DO NOT READ COMMENTARIES, NEITHER AM I CAUGHT UP WITH MAN'S WAY OF THINKING. I GO TO JESUS CHRIST... WHO IS GREATER THAN HIM? who is more full of knowledge than the Lord, that is the problems today... man send man to man for things about God almighty... well I tell you READ the HOLY BIBLE... There is someone who is greater than any commentator ever lived and will ever live..... He is God, who came in the body of His Holy Son Jesus Christ who will speak to you through the Power of His Holy Spirit... Try Him, Ask Him, what ever you need... I tell you to go and READ and He will speak.

Commentators, bible scholars, what in the world. no one go to God or say what God said theses day? I WILL GO TO THE ROCK OF MY SALVATION, and I know cause I have tried--- He sure aint in no commentator or a bible scholar they are man.... if they have the Holy Ghost, then it still aint them it is still all God, and they his vessels. you still have to go to God to see if what they say are true. seek God, seek God the Lord Jesus Christ Son of the living God.

P

possum66

As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit--just as it has taught you, remain in him. 1 John 2:27

cookie39

Oct 5, 2009
As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit--just as it has taught you, remain in him. 1 John 2:27
AMEN!!!! AS I SAID... I GO TO THE ROCK.... THANK YOU PASSUM66. AND THAT IS THE WORD OF GOD.... IN-THAT-ORDER.

Nov 23, 2011
Scotth1960;382099 said:
Friends, Here is a reading on "interpreting divine Scripture".

"1. Reading the Divine Scripture is salutary for one only if one reads it with reverence and

turn to the God-bearing fathers of the Church for interpretation (2 Pet. 3:16). ...

"3. It is absolutely necessary for the Scripture to be read in context, set out with parallels.

This is a major deficiency of the Protestant religion: that it takes Christian Scripture out of

context, using often highly incorrect translations to begin with, separating it from its

original meaning, and forcing preconceived notions or ideas upon it.

4. In order to avoid errors, one ought to verify one's understanding of Scripture with

people whom the Lord has placed in the Church to teach (Eph. 4:11-12). If some passage is

difficult to understand, make a note of it and ask your parish presbyter to explain it

whenever possible. The Scripture does not make it compulsory that everyone understand

everything (1 Cor. 14:38). The Scripture itself refers to the impossibility of everyone

quickly understanding it (Wisdom 3:21; Wisdom 38:24-25)." [pages 13-14:The Point of

Faith Handboook. Point of Faith Number 1.
Synaxis Press, The Canadian Orthodox

Publishing House, 37323 Hawkins Rd. Dewdney, BC V0M-1H0, Canada.].

In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington

Dear friends: I used to post as Scotth1960. Now I post as OldOrthodoxChristian. My beliefs have not

changed. Here is some of what I believe, what we believe in agreement with the Orthodox Church.

"... not only is the Protestant doctrine of sola Scriptura not taught in the Scriptures -- it is, in fact,

specifically contradicted by the Scriptures (which we have already discussed) which teach that Holy

Tradition is also binding to Christians (2 Thessalonians 2:15; 1 Corinthians 11:2)". [page 23: Sola

Scriptura: An Orthodox Analysis of the Cornerstone of Reformation Theology. by Fr. John Whiteford.

Ben Lomond, CA: Conciliar Press, 1996.].

God bless us in Christ the Saviour. Amen. In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington