C
cmarieh
Guest
i'm concerned about these "introvert-themed" memes and jokes making light of and celebrating being anti-social. the reason it bothers me is because i think it might be perpetuating the notion that it's acceptable to choose to be people-avoidant and minimizing/devaluing the importance of both believers and the unsaved in our lives.
i get that some introverts don't want to social butterflies. but my question would be, how can you possibly fulfill God's purpose in your life absent of people?
Good point! I know for me being more introverted I hold relationships really sacred and any person that I share personal information with should feel blessed and honored as I don't do that with many. I actually got over my fear of public speaking when I had to speak in front of the entire high school during an assembly. It was then I started teaching Sunday School with kids and learned that I enjoyed it and God gave me the ability to be more open and share the love and joy that God has for each of them. I actually ended up losing a friend of mine because I took a stand on God and I wasn't going to waiver in that area. I also feel that people share the gospel in different ways. People that are extroverted have no problem walking up with people and sharing it like they would talk about any situation. I like to think that people who are more introverted share it by their actions. For example I showed the love of Christ when I was at the grocery store on Easter weekend when an older lady who was having a hard time getting around I took her cart into the store for her because she couldn't.

