Is abortion murder?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I'll start by saying 'it is not for me to judge, I will not judge you'

I was an unwanted child, so much so my bio. mother left me in the hospital, to die. She admitted it to my face when I met her at age 36, she was an alcoholic and a heroin addict, and so was I at birth. She care'd more about getting a fix or a drink than me, I was sick and needed more attention than her,. and on it goes.

If free, legal abortions were available in 1954 my children and grandchildren would never have been born. Woudn't it be murder? It would be mass murder. I am not one to preach abstinsnce, mass virginity or anything like that, but how can anyone stand for killing unborn babys?

Dec 12, 2013
Yes it is murder and there is a price to pay.....note the following....

a. Under the law if a woman with child was hurt and it was an accident there was a financial price
b. Under the law if a woman with child was hurt on purpose and the child died it was eye for eye tooth for tooth
c. Under the law if an Ox gored a woman with child and the child died there was a price to pay for the owner and if I remember right if the OX was known for goring people it was to be put down
d. John the Baptist at 6 months old in the WOMB LEAPT for JOY at the sound of Mary's voice and he was called a BABE

The above 4 points prove to me that life begins at conception and abortion is murder!

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013
Yes it is MURDER!!!!

My mother told me if it would have been legal to abort when I was born (1972) she would have aborted me. My son was conceived out of wedlock. I was knocked-up. I told his dad I was pregnant asked him if he wanted to marry me he said no. I said I do not want to marry you either so we split up, 19 years old. My Dr. told me I have "options", I shouted "NO", he said ok.

I have had "Christian" women, close friends, accuse me of being self-righteous, because I did not murder my son. I am RIGHTEOUS for CHOOSING LIFE but NOT SELF-RIGHTEOUS!!!! I am a witness for G-d and His RIGHTEOUSNESS!!!! HE PROVIDES!!! IN EVERY WAY!!!!! CHOOSING HIM, IS CHOOSING LIFE..... AND G-D.... WELL IS JUST G-D!!!! HE IS GOOD AND HAS NEVER LET ME OR MY SON DOWN!!!!!

jameen

Feb 5, 2018
Manila
Yes it is pure murder and one of the things that are abominable in the eyes of the Lord - hands that shed innocent blood in Proverbs Chapter 6 -

and more abominable if you'll eat it as soup like what some Chinese are doing.

Jun 28, 2018
I have pretty neutral stances on abortion. Both pro-choice and pro-life have great points they also have their downs, here's my belief. I only support abortion if the mother's life is in jeopardy, a rape victim, or giving mercy to an unborn child who is suffering from severe genetic birth defects. What I don't support is using abortion as a form of birth control, like my gosh how hard is to use a condom or other contraceptive people

prove-all

May 16, 2014
The Apostle Paul told Timothy that “in the last days perilous times shall come.
For men shall be lovers of their own selves [very selfish and self-centered] …
disobedient to parents … Without natural affection … incontinent [without self
-control], fierce [or brutal] … [lovers of pleasures] more than lovers of God”
(2 Timothy 3:1-4).

These are the very attitudes that lead to illicit sex, unwanted babies and
brutal abortions—all signs that confirm we are living in the last days.

prove-all

May 16, 2014
Another child counted in the womb

In order to escape a severe drought, Jacob (whose name was changed to Israel)
moved his family to Egypt. The names of those who went are recorded in Genesis 46.

The Bible says that the sons and daughters (plural) who descended from Jacob’s
first wife Leah, and who made it to Egypt, numbered 33 (Genesis 46:15).

15These be the sons of Leah, which she bare unto Jacob in Paddan–aram, with his
daughter Dinah: all the souls of his sons and his daughters were thirty and three.

Yet there are only 32 names given for those who went and only one of them is a daughter.
Why the discrepancy?

The answer is found in the book of Numbers. One of Leah’s sons, Levi, had a daughter
that was not listed, who was born in Egypt (Numbers 26:59).

59And the name of Amram's wife was Jochebed, the daughter of Levi, whom her mother
bare to Levi in Egypt: and she bare unto Amram Aaron and Moses, and Miriam their sister.

The Companion Bible proves the only explanation is that Levi’s wife was pregnant at the time
of the journey and the child wasn’t named yet because she hadn’t been born. Nevertheless,
God made sure she was counted as one of the persons who made the journey! This child
became the mother of the man God would use to bring Israel out of Egypt—Moses!

abcdef

Mar 30, 2016
What should be the penalty for having an abortion? If it is murder?

Death by hanging?

Death by firing squad?

Death by stoning?

Lethal injection?

Life in prison?

Maybe if we execute a few thousand women in a mass execution, then they will stop. (But no men)

----

How will you treat a woman who causes herself to miscarriage? The same? How will you prove that she caused the miscarriage? Will that be murder also?

=====

Oh well, I guess that it is back to the old rusty wire coat hanger.

That's the republican method of abortion. Unless you're rich.

The old rusty wire coat hanger republican party.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

Death by hanging?

Death by firing squad?

Death by stoning?

Lethal injection?

Life in prison?

Maybe if we execute a few thousand women in a mass execution, then they will stop. (But no men)

----

How will you treat a woman who causes herself to miscarriage? The same? How will you prove that she caused the miscarriage? Will that be murder also?

=====

I don't believe that it will ever come to that even if Trump is able to get another conservative Supreme Court justice installed. Even so, as it is now, that would be a matter of choice, wouldn't it? I believe that eventually, Roe v Wade will be overturned because there is no constitutional right for an abortion in the first place and was a judicial travesty when it was allowed. I believe that what will eventually happen is that the right to have an abortion would be left entirely to the states and any limits or restrictions that they choose to apply. In either case, while I consider abortion to be murder there are those, especially that are pro-choice that don't consider it murder because of the conditions or reasons that formed their opinion on the matter. Regardless, I would not recommend any type of punishment for the woman but perhaps a steep fine and some jail time (1-3 years) for the one performing it. In the case that a woman does this to herself I would say that she has probably suffered enough punishment already.

S

selfdissolving

i see a lot of parallels between abortion and the pagan OT practice of sacrificing ones child to Molech

Dec 12, 2013

Death by hanging?

Death by firing squad?

Death by stoning?

Lethal injection?

Life in prison?

----

=====

This above reply is moronic, especially the bolded......and I am fairly confident that a rusty wire hanger or scrambling brains and then sucking them out with a vacuum results in the same result........

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013

Death by hanging?

Death by firing squad?

Death by stoning?

Lethal injection?

Life in prison?

----

=====

Maybe you got per woman... but all the medical facilities... Life in prison for murder is acceptable.... But then we could get the mother who murdered here too from the records....

Is miscarriage the same same as on purpose putting your child to death so it cannot live?

I do not understand the republican thing.... Republicans do not have abortions... or only with rusty wire coat hangers!?!

abcdef

Mar 30, 2016
This above reply is moronic, especially the bolded......and I am fairly confident that a rusty wire hanger or scrambling brains and then sucking them out with a vacuum results in the same result........
It seems the same to you because you are not a woman facing an unwanted pregnancy who has to make that choice.

abcdef

Mar 30, 2016
Oh, and the abortion being illegal thing,

That law only applies to poor people who can't afford to travel or get lawyers, not to the rich who can leave the country.

U

Ugly

I have pretty neutral stances on abortion. Both pro-choice and pro-life have great points they also have their downs, here's my belief. I only support abortion if the mother's life is in jeopardy, a rape victim, or giving mercy to an unborn child who is suffering from severe genetic birth defects. What I don't support is using abortion as a form of birth control, like my gosh how hard is to use a condom or other contraceptive people
So some babies lives hold more value than others. Some deserve to die, while others don't?
I thought sin was sin, period. I didn't realize sin could be justified by having a good excuse.

Jun 28, 2018
It's a pretty good excuse alright, especially when underage pregnancy is involved or giving mercy to an unborn child with severe genetic birth defects that will be nothing in constant agony with little to no brain function and constant seizure that will cause it to have even more brain damage than ever. Plus after the parents remove their rose-coloured glasses, they will drop it off at an adult care center for the mentally handicapped possibly to be never mentioned again or barely visited at all. Oh yeah, btw some people purposely have retarded babies for e-fame and media attention and to boost off their narcissistic egos over the suffering of their children who will be used as cash cows.

Feb 28, 2016
I leave it up to Yeshua, and what He wants for His personal purposes -
I don't 'judge', but give my heart over to what The Holy Spirit shares with me...

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013
I'll start by saying 'it is not for me to judge, I will not judge you'

I was an unwanted child, so much so my bio. mother left me in the hospital, to die. She admitted it to my face when I met her at age 36, she was an alcoholic and a heroin addict, and so was I at birth. She care'd more about getting a fix or a drink than me, I was sick and needed more attention than her,. and on it goes.

If free, legal abortions were available in 1954 my children and grandchildren would never have been born. Woudn't it be murder? It would be mass murder. I am not one to preach abstinsnce, mass virginity or anything like that, but how can anyone stand for killing unborn babys?

Judge don't, judge does not change the fact abortion is murder. But like all sin it is covered by the Blood. Best not to sin (commit murder) in the first place, G-d will take care of you and your child if you choose life.... Someone who has (committed murder) G-d forgives you.... Hopefully do not sin anymore....

MichaelOwen

Nov 6, 2017
Abortion is murder, plain and simple. The very moment conception happens, God has created a life in that womans womb, and the Bible is very clear that we are not given the authority to take a life, that is reserved unto the most high. God will forgive you if you confess your sins to him, but do not commit this sin, it's punishable, to those who are lost, and to those who are saved by the righteous blood of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Dem

Mar 7, 2018
I believe it is between the woman and God He is in control of the matter. He knows the beginning from the end.