Is bad to not want children?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 28, 2016
wow, there is so much to say here - will keep it short -
A.S. is very young, and for her to be already asking such a thing, is a miracle indeed,
especially since she Loves The Lord and is very well aware of many of the evil workings going on in our world today -
personally, if I had the knowledge that many do today that understand what is going-on and what is to very soon happen,
I would never choose to bring a child into this terrible place where satan is making his last stand...

hub and I were volunteers for many years, in our spare-time in the nursing-home industry, and we must tell you,
that the majority of patrons living there came from families who were very capable of taking care of them 'at-home' -
the ages ranged from teens to over 100, with most who were dropped-off being former professionals -
it was heart-breaking to say the least, especially when we mostly went on the week-ends, and hardly ever saw 'any
who had family or former 'church visitors', but only those who willingly volunteered their days off to entertain or simply
converse-sit with-aid, and sometimes, even take them OUT for some fresh air or even lunch...I could go on and on, but won't...
certain Scriptures certainly apply here, many will know them, but I won't post them...

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
Having children is a great gift of life ! Happiness guarantee ! They will take care of you once older !
I hope so cos I wouldn't want to be left all alone in one of those care homes.....

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
God did not curse Eve. He did greatly increase the pain in labour but he did not curse Eve nor Adam.
That was a curse believe me.... and when we read how God speaks of blessing and cursing it is the same principle... if it wasn't a curse then it wouldn't have continued throughout generations... What is a curse? What is a blessing? Think about it👌

CherieR

May 6, 2017
That was a curse believe me.... and when we read how God speaks of blessing and cursing it is the same principle... if it wasn't a curse then it wouldn't have continued throughout generations... What is a curse? What is a blessing? Think about it👌
God called the serpent cursed and even called the ground cursed. He did not call Adam nor Eve cursed.

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
I would never choose to bring a child into this terrible place where satan is making his last stand...
I remember hearing at church in the 70s the end times are near. No one knows the time or day. The victory is already won, we should not be living in fear.

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
Found this on Wikipedia... which is not the Bible. I looked up in the Bible and found the ground and serpent cursed but it did not say Adam and Eve was cursed. We could assume this though...

God curses all three, the man to a lifetime of hard labour followed by death, the woman to the pain of childbirth and to subordination to her husband, and the serpent to go on his belly and suffer the enmity of both man and woman.[8]

Sep 13, 2018
It is my observation that we are all brainwashed into doing most of what we do. Often the girls first play thing is a doll. Then they mimic their mother perpetuating the cycle. When biological urges ensue, they know just what to do. In recent generations that cycle is broken, males and females are in turmoil with lessons taught from parents, then peers, society and faith. They throw all of these factors into a cognitive smoothy and the product is one skrewed up mess that only the Author of Creation can remedy.

First, most people’s natural biology will urge them for reproduction. God has placed fail safes into this for population control. Society has bipassed these safeties with eliminating natural selection.

Second, I love my kids but feel I have done them a disservice by bringing them into this world. Not only have I tied my hands by occupying time I could have dedicated for his service. I gave Satan more targets and potentially assistants. It’s a personal choice that saves us and my concern that they make the right choice is perpetual stress.

If given the choice again, even with all of the joy they brought me, and lessons they taught me, I would abstain. My temporary happiness is not worth the potential of my involvement in creating people that may one day cause others to sin on their path away from salvation.

Sorry this is long, but one more thing. I guess serving God today with children, is like buying more stuff to declutter your house.

That's funny, Before my daughter was born, I did'nt know what I wanted . She is fourteen and loves life! She had a performance last night. She is in the " high school city chorus" in our town. This is where all six high schools in town audition for the "All City Choir". Anyhow, It was beautiful! I can't imagine my life without Maggie. Without her life would'nt make sense. I can't wait to see what she accomplishes in her life...

Going_Nowhere

Nov 10, 2019
If not having children is bad, then I don't want to be good. That's all I'm gonna say.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I was going to add something about 'social engineering' to this thread how govts create policies that dictate how many children they want us to have in order to have enough tax to pay for the leaders. Current policy seems to be that the govt doesnt really want people to have too many children and that those that do need to be trained so that these children become productive taxpayers and workers, if the current population dont have enough children then they will just open up immigration to get more workers from elsewhere.

A lot of children then grow up to leave the country for others eleswhere but they find it diffuclt raising a family on a limited visa. Also they cant buy property to raise their children, and cant access healthcare. Children require a lot of healthcare in their early years. If you had to pay for all that you could barely afford it, especially as young parents.

Nowadays because of high living costs and both parents working, so many children are going into childcare as early as 6 weeks. This is in nz, not sure about other countries but thats how it is.

Sep 13, 2018
I was going to add something about 'social engineering' to this thread how govts create policies that dictate how many children they want us to have in order to have enough tax to pay for the leaders. Current policy seems to be that the govt doesnt really want people to have too many children and that those that do need to be trained so that these children become productive taxpayers and workers, if the current population dont have enough children then they will just open up immigration to get more workers from elsewhere.

A lot of children then grow up to leave the country for others eleswhere but they find it diffuclt raising a family on a limited visa. Also they cant buy property to raise their children, and cant access healthcare. Children require a lot of healthcare in their early years. If you had to pay for all that you could barely afford it, especially as young parents.

Nowadays because of high living costs and both parents working, so many children are going into childcare as early as 6 weeks. This is in nz, not sure about other countries but thats how it is.
Which country are you referring to ? I started out with nothing in this life. Worked hard, got married, had a son. we both worked hard, but one of us was always there for him. I can't even comprehend what you are saying. My son was my focus. Every thing i did was for my family. Good times...

Nov 25, 2019
YES it is wrong for more reasons that i can list right now. I do not trust any woman, especially a Christian woman, who does not want to have children. If you cannot, that is a different story. I hope you pray on this and change your mind.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
YES it is wrong for more reasons that i can list right now. I do not trust any woman, especially a Christian woman, who does not want to have children. If you cannot, that is a different story. I hope you pray on this and change your mind.
Why would you not trust them??

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Which country are you referring to ? I started out with nothing in this life. Worked hard, got married, had a son. we both worked hard, but one of us was always there for him. I can't even comprehend what you are saying. My son was my focus. Every thing i did was for my family. Good times...
Nz your country may differ.

Social engineering is really a thing with some govts.
Its not the pioneering days anymore, times have changed, sadly. I think older people ought to have a lot more sympathy for the younger generation instead of rudely dismissing their struggles.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I wouldnt trust anyone, man or woman, who does not want the children they already have.

Nov 25, 2019
And you'll notice that not having children is only pushed in white christian countries. Why do you think that is? our birth rates are already plummeting and in third world countries the birth rate is astronomical. You're falling for propaganda if you choose to not have children. Not being able to is a different story. If I was on a date and a woman said she doesn't WANT children I would politely get up and leave.

Here is a propaganda poster in London urging white people to get STERILIZED!

B88E88BF-EF28-48FA-8C28-C5A907135C09.jpeg EVIL!

Nov 25, 2019
You can hit the disagree button all you want, it doesn't change the truth just because your feelings don't like it. This is truly a "forgive them Father for they know not what they do" issue.

E

EleventhHour

Because it's unnatural to not want children. It speaks to a mindset that I do not trust or like.
There many health benefits to having children... well documented in the studies.

Earth population is not a reason to not have children...that is just adopting a secular world view.

If a woman does not want children as a single person that one thing, perhaps she does not feel equipped for the task which I understand, however I would say that marriage without children for believers is again adopting a secular world view.

E

EleventhHour

You can hit the disagree button all you want, it doesn't change the truth just because your feelings don't like it. This is truly a "forgive them Father for they know not what they do" issue.
I have had many wonderful experiences in life but the pinnacle was delivering a baby naturally....true joy.