is bible the word of God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

DeighAnn

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Jun 11, 2019
Absolutely, without a doubt, mathematically impossible without God.

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
Absolutely

"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." - 2 Timothy 3:16

Paul wrote this when the only (completed) Scriptures were the Tanakh (sp?) (Hebrew) or the Septuagint (Greek), what we now know as the Old Testament. The New hadn't been completed yet, but that verse holds true for the NT as well.

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
100%. At least so far. I have come across many parts that "I believed" were in err or conflict or somehow wrong only to find through a deep study that it has ALWAYS been INCORRECT on MY part, never once has it been the Words. Rightly dividing. Do it Gods way, not a single error. That being said, I always find the truth in the "original", not the "translation"

mjkhan

Nov 1, 2017
There are books written by Bible scholars identifying errors in bible .And there are many editions of bible revised n new revised.Why? How come God's word need revision,then it is not God's word of it is revised by humans.Also have u read Jeremiah 8:8? If not then read it now.

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
Men or man can write all he wants and tell me what he thinks but as for God and His Word, until I find one, there isn't any. Its been over 30 ys. I totally understand why the Bible is translated into all languages. It is far better to have it with those few manmade mistakes than to have nothing at all. Even with all the problems, the main parts shine through. SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND. Rest assured, all will come to light. There will be no question as to TRUTH. Better pray everyone finds it before it is one day to late.

Oh, and I just found this out in the last couple days. When the Bible is "revised" it can go under a new "copyright" and so starts that clock ticking again. Revisions have a lot to do with the "money", and you know for sure those people don't want it to be accurate at all. The more mistakes the merrier for them. They love the confusion, and debate etc.

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
Ummmm, I think I know where this one is going (as have many others previously).

Kilo Juliet Victor Oscar

Regardless, my post above stands. :cool:

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
There are books written by Bible scholars identifying errors in bible .And there are many editions of bible revised n new revised.Why? How come God's word need revision,then it is not God's word of it is revised by humans.Also have u read Jeremiah 8:8? If not then read it now.
You're asking several questions here...

There are indeed books written identifying alleged errors. And?

There are many translations of the Bible. All translations undergo revision. It's not that God's word is being revised, but that either the language in the translation is revised, or the translators' understanding of the source material is improved warranting a revision.

God gave His word in Hebrew and Greek (and a bit of Aramaic), not in English. Those languages cannot be translated "word for word" into English (or into any other language) so there are differences in how translators render the Scriptures in the destination language. Also, languages change over time, so newer translations (or versions) reflect current usage better than older translations.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Are you a Christian?

Read the next verse...

The wise men are ashamed, they are dismayed and taken: lo, they have rejected the word of the LORD; and what wisdom is in them?
(Jer 8:9)

mjkhan

Nov 1, 2017
Truth is bible is full of errors,contradictions within one bible and between others.And there is no gospel according to Jesus.NT is neither in original language nor in contents.
There is only one divine book unchanged in both language n text.It is Quran

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Are you a Christian?

Read the next verse...

The wise men are ashamed, they are dismayed and taken: lo, they have rejected the word of the LORD; and what wisdom is in them?
(Jer 8:9)
Don't forget the previous verse that defines 8:8.

Jer. 8:7,8 "Yea, the stork in the heaven knoweth her appointed times; and the turtle and the crane and the swallow observe the time of their coming; but my people know not the judgment of the LORD. How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us? Lo, certainly in vain made he it; the pen of the scribes is in vain."

mjkhan

Nov 1, 2017
Do u know which divine book on planet has a chapter on Mary and lot on Jesus.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Truth is bible is full of errors,contradictions within one bible and between others.And there is no gospel according to Jesus.NT is neither in original language nor in contents.
So you are Muslim, what is your agenda posting on a Christian website? :rolleyes:

mjkhan

Nov 1, 2017
It is not about what I like, it is about what are you trying to do on this Christian forum. Are you try for converts or what? :unsure:
Look Christian's are leaving for atheism the biggest new and vastly growing group.You should worry about that.Islam teaches its followers to love n respect Jesus.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Apparently you are unaware of the history of the Quran. I would strongly suggest that you do some research on the subject instead of blindly accepting what you've been told.

Further, I would strongly suggest that you don't accept what Moslems tell you about the Bible, and instead read it for yourself. Please don't make assertions about it that you can't back up with facts.

Look Christian's are leaving for atheism the biggest new and vastly growing group.You should worry about that.Islam teaches its followers to love n respect Jesus.
And people are leaving Islam in droves and turning to Jesus Christ as Saviour.

bluto

Aug 4, 2016