is bible the word of God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
You study much?

In the greek, Jesus said, Before abraham was, I always existed.
What I glean from this thread is that the other "religions" and "religious views" are patently absurd and hopelessly unprovable. Furthermore the abject fact that Jesus is indeed Lord and God and the Scripture testifies to Him is the most obvious, inevitable and provable thesis in the world.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
I responded based upon what you said......you ASSUMED I was angry....then you chastised me like you are my boss or pastor for responding in the same style that JESUS or John did to the false teachers of their day.....then you tripled down by asserting that we have no ability to persuade men by our words and or stance which we can do and have done by reasoning.....and then on top of all that you ignore the fact that they follow the words of ONE MAN, who was FALSE and STARTED a CULT......who cares what the English language defines them as.....at the end of the day you assaulted ME for making a stand against one of the biggest scourges of the planet.....so excuse me for not taking kindly to you, by default defending ISLAM by your assault on my defense of the truth.........!!!
The Pope of Rome gazes kindly upon Islam. So do the leaders of men in the world today. For reasons that are perfectly obvious to the Christians of course.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Religion- the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

Cult- a system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object.

Even Satanism is a “religion”.
Splitting hairs matters little. Both are willfully negligent to the Command to Repent and be saved.

Dec 12, 2013
The Pope of Rome gazes kindly upon Islam. So do the leaders of men in the world today. For reasons that are perfectly obvious to the Christians of course.
Of course......my view....the Pope is the false prophet, has bowed to the Quran and is attempting, as we speak, to unify all religions..........the fact that the last three have bowed to and kissed the Quran (sic) shows they have submitted to it's authority.....

Nov 26, 2012
I responded based upon what you said......you ASSUMED I was angry....then you chastised me like you are my boss or pastor for responding in the same style that JESUS or John did to the false teachers of their day.....then you tripled down by asserting that we have no ability to persuade men by our words and or stance which we can do and have done by reasoning.....and then on top of all that you ignore the fact that they follow the words of ONE MAN, who was FALSE and STARTED a CULT......who cares what the English language defines them as.....at the end of the day you assaulted ME for making a stand against one of the biggest scourges of the planet.....so excuse me for not taking kindly to you, by default defending ISLAM by your assault on my defense of the truth.........!!!
If you fail to be correct in small things why would a Muslim be “persuaded” you are correct in larger ones, like whether or not Jesus is the Son of God. Still you argue it is a cult. The only reason they honour Mohammad is because they think he is Allah’s prophet. Do you think Judaism is a cult because they honour Moses?

We are supposed to rebuke eachother. It’s not an assault. Just as you felt compelled to encourage me to behave as you see fit by militantly defending the faith, I too gave my opinion on how to handle the “visitor”.

Nov 26, 2012
Splitting hairs matters little. Both are willfully negligent to the Command to Repent and be saved.
Splitting hairs is exactly what discernment is. Going through scripture with a fine tooth comb, dissecting each word for complete comprehension and incorporating the Bible in its entirety is how one gains wisdom. Seek and find. The truth is right in front of us completely obvious if we would all just take the time to read it ourselves instead of listening to other people’s opinions.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Splitting hairs is exactly what discernment is. Going through scripture with a fine tooth comb, dissecting each word for complete comprehension and incorporating the Bible in its entirety is how one gains wisdom. Seek and find. The truth is right in front of us completely obvious if we would all just take the time to read it ourselves instead of listening to other people’s opinions.
Splitting hairs is exactly what discernment is

Oh I don't know about that. Discernment allows one to rightly divide the TRUTH, furthermore to discern the false prophets and false shepherds. Of which Islam is one among a multitude.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Couple of points:

1) Islamic countries are the enemies of Christ. Do not marvel that the judgment of blindness to the Truth exists corporately, the leaders and parents being fully culpable, and willfully ignorant. (All nations of the world know of Israel and the Exodus. Israel, being a sign, should be cause enough for repentance by Islamic nations specifically). Should a nation reject the Ambassadors and preachers, who are the chosen messengers of the Gospel, consequences are inevitable.

2) Islam, being bereft of the Gracious Gift of Covenant fellowship of any kind, are left with self-effort and a works based system of false religion. The end of it all being a summary judgment and expulsion from the Presence of the King and His Kingdom.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
I belive you are referring to 1 Cor 9 in terms of context as it relates to the preaching of the Gospel to the "cults" and other "religions".
Whether this is discernment per se is debatable.

"Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20 To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. 22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. 23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings."

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
I had to leave a "church" because the elders let it slip that they elevated Islam, rather than denouncing it. To what extent I cannot say precisely. But....the gist of it was that Islam and Muslims are just like us, and want the same things....!

BTW, this was a liberal church, shorts and tattoos (and booze), old earth evolutionists, and new-age rubbish hymns. (oh bring me Augustus Toplady…..PLEASE!).

Nov 26, 2012

Oh I don't know about that. Discernment allows one to rightly divide the TRUTH, furthermore to discern the false prophets and false shepherds. Of which Islam is one among a multitude.
Discernment is the ability to judge rightly- agree.

It’s effectively divides truth from lies- agree

Islam is full of false prophets-agree

Here’s the point I’ve been making. If you are going to have an intellectual debate, especially regarding something as personal as your faith you need to be accurate, not emotional. When he argues that Christians led the crusades and killed millions, that was inaccurate. Christ told us to love our enemies not kill them. Instead of debunking his argument it was insinuated all muslims are pediphiles and necrophiliacs. It just escalates aggression. Telling a Muslim he worships Satan won’t lead him to Christ. Hopefully when we get an opportunity to discuss how Christ is Lord with a devout enemy we don’t give him reason to hate us.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019

Here’s the point I’ve been making. If you are going to have an intellectual debate, especially regarding something as personal as your faith you need to be accurate, not emotional. When he argues that Christians led the crusades and killed millions, that was inaccurate. Christ told us to love our enemies not kill them. Instead of debunking his argument it was insinuated all muslims are pediphiles and necrophiliacs. It just escalates aggression. Telling a Muslim he worships Satan won’t lead him to Christ. Hopefully when we get an opportunity to discuss how Christ is Lord with a devout enemy we don’t give him reason to hate us.
Though I understand you point, the fact that pedophiles do marry under age girls regularly,
rape is a massive problem, there is no real justice, or individuality or expression.

It is so bad, to even protest about something like the Nicab is worthy of a prison sentence.
The problem is in the west they have no real clue at the social level things are so screwed up,
it is dealt with as if everything is ok. We rely on citizens protesting, except in Islam to protest
is evil in itself, so the culture censors discussion and the talking about real issues.

There number one ethic is appearing to be nice and friendly while actually behaving very differently
as shown by this muslim member here. They are not prepared to discuss anything just come with
platitudes and make statements which they have been told make sense to us.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019

And make no mistake these guys do hate us, and think we are satanic, doomed to hell.
I have had enough of those who take Islam seriously threaten to kill me, if they could touch me.

The problem is Muhammed was such a man with no moral boundaries, to talk openly about what he
did and why, is to want anger and antagonism from these guys. It is so bad, they will say things like
Muhammed is the best of people, which has no foundation at all.

Murdering people because they oppose you, marrying a child, blaspheming God and claiming you
are the ultimate authority on earth while having no legitimate foundation is absurd.

They say the best lies are the biggest. And everything I have looked at in Islam is a lie.
They claim so much but when it comes down to the bottom line they can do what they want as
long as it has some religious justification. So of course such a morality just allows sinful evil
people to prosper while claiming to be nice, peaceful and friendly.

Now the people who are cursed with this faith, try and make do as best they can, and a lot of them
are nice people. It is just this hideous curse, takes peoples lives constantly in as many ways as can
be invented. It is little wonder such societies continually end in poverty and corruption, because there
is no ethic for love and integrity.

Nov 26, 2012
And make no mistake these guys do hate us, and think we are satanic, doomed to hell.
I have had enough of those who take Islam seriously threaten to kill me, if they could touch me.

The problem is Muhammed was such a man with no moral boundaries, to talk openly about what he
did and why, is to want anger and antagonism from these guys. It is so bad, they will say things like
Muhammed is the best of people, which has no foundation at all.

Murdering people because they oppose you, marrying a child, blaspheming God and claiming you
are the ultimate authority on earth while having no legitimate foundation is absurd.

They say the best lies are the biggest. And everything I have looked at in Islam is a lie.
They claim so much but when it comes down to the bottom line they can do what they want as
long as it has some religious justification. So of course such a morality just allows sinful evil
people to prosper while claiming to be nice, peaceful and friendly.

Now the people who are cursed with this faith, try and make do as best they can, and a lot of them
are nice people. It is just this hideous curse, takes peoples lives constantly in as many ways as can
be invented. It is little wonder such societies continually end in poverty and corruption, because there
is no ethic for love and integrity.
I don’t disagree with anything you stated. I just know that any account I have heard where there is a conversion, it wasn’t by being adversarial.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I don’t disagree with anything you stated. I just know that any account I have heard where there is a conversion, it wasn’t by being adversarial.
CONVERT!

or, we'll cut off your head!

:)

Skyline

Jun 13, 2019
What has struck me about muslims is there confidence and boldness.
The emotional belief which is found on a conviction, while avoiding any question of doubt.

I debated with one muslim who basically said even if Jesus was God, he would never worship
Him. It is this absolute emotional loyalty to a belief system despite it being wrong, shows how
insane people can get. Once you go over the boundary of sense and tap into total loyalty and
dedication to a cause, you know what you are dealing with. This is how armies could conquer
others, and soldiers would die at the command of their leader.
They are taught not to question. Blind being led by the blind.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
They are taught not to question. Blind being led by the blind.
The cost is great. Up to and including imprisonment and death. The narrow gate must be entered at any and all cost.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
You r not speaking truth.But if Quran was copied from Bible it would have same mistakes as Bible but it does'nt.Quran has a lot on Jesus ,unchanged n original from day one,a chapter on Mary.Yescthis is true I m lucky I m given even an audience,seeing arrogance n intolerance to non Christian's that caused billions of human beings to die as in inquests,crusades,slavery,colonization,holocaust n now wars for profit,it sure is surprising.Thank you for your kindness.
Islam is a false religion. The reason being that God has covenant promises that he has sworn to keep, some to Jews, some to Christians. Some have been kept, some are being kept, some will be kept yet future.

There is absolutely no possibility that God has abandoned His people or His covenants, on the contrary all and everything will see absolute and complete fulfillment.

They never taught you that in the Islamic schools I'm sure. They just trot out some replacement theology that is blasphemous to God's character.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

hmm i'm not sure that is a good working definition either. though it may be a subset of what discernment is, in some cases.

how about this, isn't this discernment?

A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.
(Proverbs 29:11)
;)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
that's actually a contradiction in the Quran.

in some places it says all Jews & Christians 'people of the Book' are saved, and that a good Muslim should not wish them any harm. in others it outright says to either murder us or conquer our nations & make us pay monetary tribute to them. there are more than one example of each, historically dating to a time when either Mohammed had military & political control over Judeo-Christian centers of population ((then he says slaughter us if we don't convert)) or when the tides had turned and it would have been militarily or politically very dangerous for him to threaten Jews & Christians ((that's when the surahs were written saying 'people of the Book' are cool, yo)).

as political landscape changed, apparently God's mind changed.

or, more likely, Mohammed pretended to speak for God and told his followers that God said whatever was convenient to Mohammed for God to say. it would appear that when Mohammed's convenience changed, so did his doctrine.