Is Catholocism bad?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Sketch

Nov 1, 2018
We want them to know the truth. It's not really about rights. It's about letting people know about false doctrines.
You can claim their doctrine is false and they can claim that yours is false.
Did that work out the way you hoped it would? Probably not.
You were hoping that they would change their religion just because you told them their doctrine was false.
Unfortunately, that's not how life works.

Sketch

Nov 1, 2018
Consider this.
If we want people to listen to us, we need to earn the right to be heard.
You don't earn the right to be heard by informing them that their doctrine is wrong.

Mar 28, 2016
If you named your denomination are you certain that no one could come up with the reasons why you are lost and how your church is run by the devil?
If the reason is because Catholicism does despite to the grace of God making it to no effect with the traditions of the fathers .Would you consider it lost?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I prefer not to condemn whole groups of people.
Wanting rather to give everyone the benefit of the doubt as an individual.

Who is to say that someone cannot come to Christ just as I did, despite their church affiliation.
God called me, why couldn't he call them? And they will stay where they are until God moves them.
I suppose I'll get quite a beating for saying such a heretical thing. So be it.
Actually, I fully agree with you.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
If you named your denomination are you certain that no one could come up with the reasons why you are lost and how your church is run by the devil?
I have asked that question also to many members, specifically those that seriously oppose Catholics and SDA, and it is rare to have someone actually say what their church affiliation is, if any. I believe the reason for the lack of response is exactly what you have stated. All Christian denominations have flaws in their doctrine and practices, some minor, some major. I believe that the Catholics and SDA has now been vetted thoroughly and found to be lacking by most members. For a change of past how about we vet the other denominations as well? I'm sure that we could come up with something.

K

kaylagrl

You can claim their doctrine is false and they can claim that yours is false.
Did that work out the way you hoped it would? Probably not.
You were hoping that they would change their religion just because you told them their doctrine was false.
Unfortunately, that's not how life works.
The Bible tells us what is false doctrine and what is not. And yes,people do change their religion when presented the truth. I was in ministry for 20 yrs. I can tell you story after story of those who came to the truth from false doctrines just because they heard the truth preached.

K

kaylagrl

Consider this.
If we want people to listen to us, we need to earn the right to be heard.
You don't earn the right to be heard by informing them that their doctrine is wrong.
You preach the Word, you let the Holy Spirit deal with the rest. People are more open and hungry to hear the truth than you think.

K

kaylagrl

You already know the answer to that question.
If someone doesn't believe what your church teaches, then it is false doctrine.
But you knew that, right?
Humorous. So there's no such thing as false doctrine huh? Guess I need to take that Bible and toss it.

Sketch

Nov 1, 2018
I have asked that question also to many members, specifically those that seriously oppose Catholics and SDA, and it is rare to have someone actually say what their church affiliation is, if any. I believe the reason for the lack of response is exactly what you have stated. All Christian denominations have flaws in their doctrine and practices, some minor, some major. I believe that the Catholics and SDA has now been vetted thoroughly and found to be lacking by most members. For a change of past how about we vet the other denominations as well? I'm sure that we could come up with something.
I think the Golden Rule applies here.
If we wouldn't want others to do this to us, we shouldn't do it to them.
We seem to be stuck on this "We're right and everyone else is wrong." thing.
No one is completely right and few are completely wrong. Therefore...

Sketch

Nov 1, 2018
Humorous. So there's no such thing as false doctrine huh? Guess I need to take that Bible and toss it.
That's not what I said.
This works for any church. Even for Catholics.

Sketch

Nov 1, 2018
You preach the Word, you let the Holy Spirit deal with the rest. People are more open and hungry to hear the truth than you think.
If that is what God is telling you to do, you should do it. If not... (don't)

K

kaylagrl

That's not what I said.
This works for any church. Even for Catholics.
We're going in a circle here. It's not about what my church or your church believes,it's a matter of what the Bible says.

K

kaylagrl

I think the Golden Rule applies here.
If we wouldn't want others to do this to us, we shouldn't do it to them.
We seem to be stuck on this "We're right and everyone else is wrong." thing.
No one is completely right and few are completely wrong. Therefore...
The Bible is completely right,follow it and you'll never go wrong.

Sketch

Nov 1, 2018
We're going in a circle here. It's not about what my church or your church believes,it's a matter of what the Bible says.
No. It's a matter of what your church claims the Bible says.
Do you really think those other churches can't defend their doctrines?

I understand what you are saying. But everyone else says the same thing.

Sketch

Nov 1, 2018
The Bible is completely right,follow it and you'll never go wrong.
Yes. That's why we all agree on doctrine, because the Bible is right.
What were you saying about false doctrine?

K

kaylagrl

Yes. That's why we all agree on doctrine, because the Bible is right.
What were you saying about false doctrine?
So we're back to there's no such thing as false doctrine. I'm gettin' a little dizzy here.

Sketch

Nov 1, 2018
So we're back to there's no such thing as false doctrine. I'm gettin' a little dizzy here.
It depends on who you ask.
And I agree that there is false doctrine. And that the Bible is right.
But that seems to be where the agreement ends.
Would even you and I be in complete agreement as to what is false doctrine and what isn't?
Probably not. That's the point.
So, how do we handle that? Can we disagree on a few doctrines and still be okay with each other?
What if we disagree a lot? Or completely?
What if we are both in complete disagreement yet both have biblical support for our views?
This is the issue between Protestants and Catholics. So, how do we handle it?

Mar 28, 2016
It depends on who you ask.
And I agree that there is false doctrine. And that the Bible is right.
But that seems to be where the agreement ends.
Would even you and I be in complete agreement as to what is false doctrine and what isn't?
Probably not. That's the point.
So, how do we handle that? Can we disagree on a few doctrines and still be okay with each other?
What if we disagree a lot? Or completely?
What if we are both in complete disagreement yet both have biblical support for our views?
This is the issue between Protestants and Catholics. So, how do we handle it?
The issue has to do with grace. Catholicism says Christ only offered a unknown remnant of grace except to our sister in the Lord, Mary and all others must finish the work of their own personal suffering in a place called purgatory for another unknown remnant of time and degree of suffering. .Clearly this does despite to the grace of God.

Would you call that good news or another gospel in respect to another Christ as mediator ? How do you handle that ?

Sketch

Nov 1, 2018
Would you call that good news or another gospel in respect to another Christ as mediator ? How do you handle that ?
The Catholics claim it is we that are following a false gospel.
The finger-pointing from both directions does absolutely no good.
We are at an impasse. We should be building bridges instead of walls.