Is God nice?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

umzza

Jan 10, 2015
Why is Hell eternal, and why is God so cruel?

1. Why would you sin against an INFINITE being,
and then expect that your sin should have no INFINITE consequences?

2. If God made a sacrifice to deliver people from Hell,
and people WILFULLY REJECT that deliverance,
how has God been unjust by offering a delieverance you reject?

3. If God has an infinite mind and knows all things in order to prescribe perfect justice,
and you have a finite mind and know very little,
how can you even presume to have enough knowledge to assess if God is being just?

Those are just a few quick thoughts.

But what if God isn’t real? How do I know?

Dec 12, 2013
But what if God isn’t real? How do I know?
A honest, cursory evaluation of creation reveals intelligent design behind all of it....Creation witnesses and testifies to the fact that God is real......

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
So did he Jesus say;
17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.
18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.
John 8:17-18

Or does it matter whether what you believe is the truth?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
God is Holy. God is Love.
You may not be able to relate to God, but see he sent his only son Jesus to show us what hes like. because Jesus Christ came in the flesh and was human just like us. If you read the Bible and see all that Jesus did, he was caring, he was funny, he was faithful, and true. The Bible doesnt say Jesus is nice, but you can judge from reading it whether he was nice or not. To certain people who wasnt nice, actually he was pretty direct especially to the Pharisees that were actually plotting to kill him. BUt Jesus didnt stoop to their level. When they mocked him, he didnt mock back. When they threatened him, he didnt retaliate.

Some of the fruits of the holy spirit include kindess, gentleness, goodness - these are the qualities God wants us to cultivate in our own lives.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I have so many thoughts here. I don't think we will ever understand why bad things have to happen but I see them as a product of Godlessness, and the way we respond often is the same. The sun and rain happen to all of us. Life is hard, because we are in our fallen condition, but with Him we have His help to get us through with growth, giving us a greater capacity to extend love and mercy.

I am going to add something that I wrote after trying to give a sister in Christ words of encouragement...

I know it is long so no pressure to read. I pray it brings you comfort. Honestly, did you know that it is His because of goodness that there is hope? We can hang our hats on His unyielding goodness.

He deserves our smiles...

You know there are those in my life who are determined to dwell in the fear, the pain, the shame, the sorrow and the suffering. I get it, we all know from my written ramblings, I too go down that winding road of ache.

Examining our tribulations, regardless the source can be healing. I have experienced, deep within the inner dwelling’s core, the cathartic juices secreted from exploring thoughts and emotions. Today, though, as a sister reached out in her reoccuring pain, I needed to remind her and myself that there is an element of foolishness found in only nurturing the pain.

Let me explain..

Today, as I walked out of the store, a brisk breeze captured my senses. I was so taken with nature's moment that I felt my joy dance in harmony with the air as it blew past me. I thought about how sad it would be if I didn't stop and take the spontaneous gift in and appreciate it for all that it was.

You ever see a kid in a toy store, sitting in a cart filled with toys, being pushed by a loving parent? Have you seen that same kid, crying because the child is caught up in the frustration or the whatever of the moment that was wrong? You see our God is the loving Father pushing our carts, filled with His gifts; still sometimes, we allow the burdens to be larger than Him and all that He has given.

So sure pain is ok to explore, but then give it all to Him forever more. He deserves our love and He deserves our smiles, those that go way down deep into those inner cores.

I hope if you read this, you know my heart is wrapped around yours because of the softened heart He gave to me, not because of me...

Mar 23, 2016
Why is hell forever if God isn’t angry forever?
Where do you want to spend eternity?

And what are you doing to be sure that you spend eternity where you want?

Psalm 86:13 For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
The world would not be filled with so much pain and evil if God had never created man.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
The world would not be filled with so much pain and evil if God had never created man.
Without man, there would be no need for pain. Of course, the world would be an empty place. Perhaps God was lonely and that is why man was created in His image and likeness.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Never answer a fool according to his folly Proverbs 26:4

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
If God is not real you have nothing to worry about.
...........or do you?
I take His existence and His Holiness very seriously. So because I put a post up of the parting of the Red Sea's actual events, I am foolish? Yet, you approve of putting up a quite hilarious post of someone fishing during this miraculous moment. Reaches out my hand and says, Hi, nice to meet you. My name is Charli. I think we might be Sisters. I think we have the same Dad. :)