Is God that cruel?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Crustyone

Mar 15, 2015
Most of the Bible plainly states what it means. The two symbolic books are Daniel and Revelation. Daniel states twice in the last chapter that it is hidden until the end times. Revelation is written in the same way as Daniel. Today we have seen a few things come to pass like the statue in Daniel but most is still shrouded from us.
Someone may have decoded Daniel. Check out www.daniel11truth.com and see what you think.

Crustyone

Mar 15, 2015
The King of Tyre, right? Then explain the plain language in the following:

Eze. 28:13, 14 "Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire."

The whole Bible is not symbolic, sometimes it says just what it means. :cool::rolleyes::)
I believe that you need to see this as something that the king of Tyre thought about himself, which God saw as being the same as Satan. After these verses are verses that tell of the kings dirty dealings with others, most likely the kings that will see him burn, and why God will burn him to nothing.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Let.s say you have a son..and he did something terible, hurt someone or broke something...you as a parent, would you send him to burn in hell for eternity because of that?...i guess not, cause he's your son and you love him...so i ask you..how could God punish people with an eternity in hell because of their sins...God, who is pure love...he could to that? Isn.t that a little cruel?
Let us be honest a bit here.
What is the difference between an animal or man doing an action?
The man has moral responsibility.

Ok so men know right from wrong. But at what age? 5 or 9 or 13 or 25
And once one has moral responsibility is this where sin kicks in?

So I sin, and you are for the fire. So live a clean life, no problems, but lie about something.
Hell fire for all eternity, no excuse or way out.

What about those who are literally too simple to have any responsibility?
What about babies or children? How are they handled?

Some say all innocent kids go straight to heaven. So up to age 12.99999 you are paradise
bound by hit 13, fire for you chum.

And in heaven do people have the potential to grow in knowledge and mature or are we
frozen as we are at the time of death.

To put it mildly we have little guidance in this area, and bit like bombs waiting to go
off. Is it enough to say, it is in Gods hands, and I am not qualified to comment, but I know
in whom I trust and He judges fairly and justly. Or is that a cop out?

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
I believe that you need to see this as something that the king of Tyre thought about himself, which God saw as being the same as Satan. After these verses are verses that tell of the kings dirty dealings with others, most likely the kings that will see him burn, and why God will burn him to nothing.
Nonsense, there is nothing in that Ezekiel chapter that takes the king's or Satan's perspective into account. It is prophecy straight from God, so pay attention. :):rolleyes::cool:

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
Someone may have decoded Daniel. Check out www.daniel11truth.com and see what you think.
I go with what the Bible states. It is closed until the end times. I've seen too many people claim they deciphered prophecy and predicted dates. Some times a group of people would get together to wait for the end. I'm 71 and seen this several times. I now ignore people who claim to know a soon to come date.

Jul 23, 2018
How can they choose when God chose those by name for salvation before the world, and the salvation principle, came to exist?
Conversely those refusing salvation choose their path.
Nothing or nobody holds a gun to their head.
That election thingy is not one dimensional. You are looking too deeply into a facet,which distorts the panaramic truth

Jul 23, 2018
Calvin is the go-to of those who aren't equipped to show respect for Apologetics study. And it won't get any better.
In point of fact they were speaking to me. I'm not a Calvinist. But that doesn't stop the committed from bearing false witness every chance they get. Best to move on because if you actually know scriptures sooner or later you'll be accused too.
And by the way, what accuser bearers of false witness refuse to accept is , the Calvin doctrine was arrived at from scriptures.
All false doctrine claims its own accuracy.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
All false doctrine claims its own accuracy.
As do those disagreeing with it. Looking at the quinquarticular controversy both sides have scripture proving them. Read the following defenses of both and refute one or both.

Quinquarticular Controversy
The diametrically opposed Calvinist and Armenian 5 points

Reformed/Calvinism
TULIP
1. Total depravity
2. Unconditional election
3. Limited atonement
4. Irresistible grace
5. Perserverance of the Saints

Armenianism
1. Free will or Human ability
2. Conditional election
3. Universal Redemption or General Atonement
4. The Holy Spirit can be Effectually Resisted
5. Falling from Grace

For a deeper discussion of the differences go to these web sites,

https://www.gotquestions.org/Calvinism-vs-Arminianism.html

Arminianism vs Calvinism Controversial Passages
https://www.xenos.org/essays/calvinism-arminianism-controversial-passages

There are denominations adhering to Calvinism, Arminianism, and parts of each creating a spectrum of different views of these issues.

Calvinism Armenianism debate
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Calvinist–Arminian_debate

Biblical Defense of Calvinism
https://www.fivesolas.com/tulipscriptures.htm

Biblical Defense of Arminianism
http://www.evidenceunseen.com/theology/calvinism-versus-arminianism/biblical-defense-of-arminianism/

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
No one has gone or is going to heaven. Heaven (the Kingdom of) is coming to earth. Maybe after the millennial rule and the Judgment period, we go to heaven, or outer space, or other galaxies, or ...
Jesus is in heaven, and Paul stated that he was to be with Him in the hereafter.
So I cannot agree with your assertion.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Calvin is the go-to of those who aren't equipped to show respect for Apologetics study. And it won't get any better.
In point of fact they were speaking to me. I'm not a Calvinist. But that doesn't stop the committed from bearing false witness every chance they get. Best to move on because if you actually know scriptures sooner or later you'll be accused too.
And by the way, what accuser bearers of false witness refuse to accept is , the Calvin doctrine was arrived at from scriptures.
Yep. Calvin definitely. And an innumerable number of like minded apologists.

Apr 15, 2017
Let.s say you have a son..and he did something terible, hurt someone or broke something...you as a parent, would you send him to burn in hell for eternity because of that?...i guess not, cause he's your son and you love him...so i ask you..how could God punish people with an eternity in hell because of their sins...God, who is pure love...he could to that? Isn.t that a little cruel?
Joh 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

1Jn 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
1Jn 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

2Ti 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
2Ti 2:26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Isa 14:17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?
Isa 14:18 All the kings of the nations, even all of them, lie in glory, every one in his own house.
Isa 14:19 But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, and as the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet.

There are a lot of sinners in this world, and they do not belong to God, but they belong to the devil, and the devil does not let the prisoners out of prison, but keeps them there unless they are freed by acknowledging the truth.

There is children of God, so they will be with Him, and where He is at, and there is children of the devil, so they will be with him, and where he is going.

Crustyone

Mar 15, 2015
Jesus is in heaven, and Paul stated that he was to be with Him in the hereafter.
So I cannot agree with your assertion.
If you recall New Jerusalem will come down from Heaven so that God can dwell with his people. I suspect that we will all be in Heaven through the millenium, but after the judgement we will be returned to the new earth and live with God and Jesus who will be in a throne at God's right hand. The apostles will be rulers with God, I assume that to be wherever he may be. Revelation 200:2-3 ( 2 I saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared like a bride adorned for her husband. 3 I heard a loud voice out of heaven saying, “Behold, God’s dwelling is with people, and he will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God.)

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
If you recall New Jerusalem will come down from Heaven so that God can dwell with his people. I suspect that we will all be in Heaven through the millenium, but after the judgement we will be returned to the new earth and live with God and Jesus who will be in a throne at God's right hand. The apostles will be rulers with God, I assume that to be wherever he may be. Revelation 200:2-3 ( 2 I saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared like a bride adorned for her husband. 3 I heard a loud voice out of heaven saying, “Behold, God’s dwelling is with people, and he will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God.)
"I saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God"
No doubt heaven is where God, Christ and angels reside....now.
Later on, it will all be heaven for all intents and purposes. Non local, all encompassing. No need for barriers, Cherubim with flaming swords, or the like.

Crustyone

Mar 15, 2015
When the New Jerusalem was coming down from Heaven it wasn't now it was after judgment and it would say that Heaven was coming down with the city if it was going to be all encompassing. Angels and other spirits reside in Heaven and most likely will continue living there. Remember the Lords prayer: thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. There is no reason for God to change Heaven and probably not enough room for all the angels anyway on earth.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Golden oldie Thread that wasn't all that golden to begin with........ :)

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
It's only one of four different views of eschatology. That includes Revelation as well. Are you saying we live in the end times?? If not then Daniel is sealed!! So most likely is Revelations. Why do you ignore what the Bible says?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
It bowls me over at times how some believe they are able to !pick our Father's mind."

It is very rewarding to simpley read the Prophets and pray on the readings. This is especially true with Daniel and Revelation. When it unfolds it will be clear to allwho believe God. Until then no mere creture is going to "decode" ur Maker's messages. Do like Mary would do with her Son. When He perplexed her, she would simply keep it in her heart...I suppose until she understood or until God's day of revealing all.………..What a wonderful plan....Prasise God,a emn