Is God Unfair?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
The only fair consequence for our actions is a mortal death... not an eternal punishment in supreme agony.
You live, choose to do drugs, you overdose and die... seems fair... but wait, GOD is going to punish you MORE because you are a sinner! Now you get to burn for all time in a place where there is no rest and no comfort!
Not if you choose to believe what God did for you at the cross, he took away all sin, by his death, and by beleif if you decide to thus die with Christ back at the cross of Christ, then you would be Babtized with Chirst as in the death of Christ.Now if you choose this then guess waht God the Father of Will raise you back to life as he already did raise christ back to life and oyu will be a new creation in the Spirit of God, mortal flesh dead and your Spirit recreated in the original image of God
[h=3]Romans 6:4[/h]King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]4 [/SUP]Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
The should part is said there because of our ususal unbelief and we thus do not always beleif ourselves to be dead to sin as we truly are by the operation of God now complete in the ones that beleive
So now today if we do sin and are really not wanting to and striving not to we have an advocate that is our completed forgiveness forever by Christ back at the cross, by his death for us, then came the resurrection ours if you so beleive God and are thus made alive born again here and now not in flesh, but in Spirit

[h=3]1 John 2[/h]King James Version (KJV)

2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
[SUP]2 [/SUP]And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
God's love, this is what istoday and being hidden by this worlds evil ways to keepus from the truth, by getting us to try to be perfect when only God is and is the only that can be and is why God did what God did for us because God loves us and left us with one last free choice to believe or not to believe. I stand fast in the beleif of God and what God has done for us all, freed us from the stress you are in now as seeing God unfair.
How can the followiong verse be unfair
Romans 5:15
But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
Romans 5:16And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

god gives anyone who really does believe God did do it all for them, full rights of total freedom and those are cleansed and by God living through them dowaht is right by their neighbor

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
2 Corinthians 4:1-4
Therefore, since through God's mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart.
Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to everyone's conscience in the sight of God.
And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing.
The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

If the gospel is veiled, it's veiled to those who are already perishing, so that's okay... they're already dying so why spend time with them? Besides, Satan has blinded them so they cannot see the light of the gospel, so don't even bother preaching your message to these people, they're dead to God already... how is that fair to anyone?

1 John 4:1
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

...so Satan is blinding the minds of people, false prophets are teaching false religions, false religions mix truth and lies together, there is no TRUE religion except to follow Jesus, which is apart of most Christian religions anyway... seems all pretty unfair to me.

Romans 10:3-4
For, being ignorant of the righteousness of God, and seeking to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness.
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

So thinking that you are following Jesus according to the way he commanded, means you are being ignorant of the righteousness of God by seeking to establish your own? Psychopaths manipulate their victims in exactly this way, they keep their victims second-guessing their feelings, living in doubt, hungering for answers, only hearing truth when it's mixed with lies. God's message is simple, but his word is very difficult, always mixing with anger, doubt, joy, shame, fear, hate and love. The message, to me, is like an antidote mixed with poison... why would I take a poison just to take the antidote?

John 3:17-18
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

So by being ignorant in thinking you are standing on solid ground when you believe the words of Jesus (christian religion), you are trying to establish your own (faith) when in fact you're standing already condemned (sin) because you aren't really believing the words of Jesus (because you live in sin)? ... then the simplest answer is to Trust Jesus? Then it's all a lottery! A game! Christ knows who will enter heaven already, most won't, but just TRUST JESUS to find out?!

unfair
In the day of Judgmnent there will be no excuse for those that willingly chose to not believe God
Romans 1:20For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

everyone will have had their knowing chance to beleive or not believe in God through the cross and be saved.
So god can not be blamed for those vessels tha chose destruction inspite of the love God has shown to the whole world in and through the cross

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
ok, thank you very much for answering that. it was odd it seems to me.
everybody saying you're speaking in the flesh and so on.lol.
but, even our human nature we still have that, right\? we are still human beings Jesus became a human being.
i know he was aperfect human being, we aren't. but what's wrong with our human nature?
you mean like Adam's sinful nature? that would make sense. but everyone has a human nature.
i dont see whats wrong with the human nature, just like i dont think our bodies are evil.

maybe its about the spirit that was turned away from God is what my teacher said when Adam fell.
turned away, dead to God like when someone says "you are dead to me" but they aren't really dead. or lese they would just be zombies.

oh, thanks anyways. i don't think i'm going to overthink it too much. i think its just the old sinful self that was considered dead to God because of sin, and then Jesus brightens the christians, makes a new man because the spirit or the mind is made right with God and the mind can control the body.
i dont know if that wrong. i have to sleep for an hour and go to work.
I do think you understand it
Romans 8:2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Our unregenerate (not born again) human nature is fallen and sinful.

Even after we are born again, it is not completely dead until the grave.
But it is mortally wounded and dying.

Keep in mind how Paul uses the term "flesh."
and because of the sinful flesh Paul advocates that we condsider or reckon ourselves
[h=3]Romans 6:11[/h]New King James Version (NKJV)

[SUP]11 [/SUP]Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
even though we are al;ive then we can be as Paul beleived he was
Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
ok thank you. so is it right to say the person i used to before Jesus came and confronted me and accepted me and lighted my mind was the old unregenertae self like Adam?
because that's what it seems like to me.

about the flesh and how paul describes it could you explain it , i will look up the parts where paul talks about it.
because my body didnt change much after i got saved but my mind or spirit did.
so then i learned to control my body more. i dont understand when people keep saying o you are of the flesh and so on. thats weird.
Romans 7:20Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
The differance betweeb old and new narure through our belief as Paul describes so well in Romans 6-8 chapters.
[h=3]Romans 7:19-25[/h]King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]19 [/SUP]For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
[SUP]20 [/SUP]Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
[SUP]21 [/SUP]I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
[SUP]22 [/SUP]For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
[SUP]23 [/SUP]But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
[SUP]24 [/SUP]O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
[SUP]25 [/SUP]I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

the flesh ans the Spirit of God is waht we are talkiing about the battle that is raging on to this very day
You have as I see recieved the Love of God best described to me in 1 cor 13 and talks abouyt us doing good but if we even do good without God's Love, we are just a clanging symbol and no more
And I know God will never forsake you or leave you, and no weapon ever formed against shall ever prosper because you are now by beleif in the hand of God and noone can santch you out.
Just keepon keeping on and continue to sift all things said here and there through your new mind set, seeing all things from God's perspective and know the truth that sets you free as you already are, beinig in Christ

May 17, 2013
ok, thank you very much for answering that. it was odd it seems to me.
everybody saying you're speaking in the flesh and so on.lol.
but, even our human nature we still have that, right\? we are still human beings Jesus became a human being.
i know he was aperfect human being, we aren't. but what's wrong with our human nature?
you mean like Adam's sinful nature? that would make sense. but everyone has a human nature.
i dont see whats wrong with the human nature, just like i dont think our bodies are evil.

maybe its about the spirit that was turned away from God is what my teacher said when Adam fell.
turned away, dead to God like when someone says "you are dead to me" but they aren't really dead. or lese they would just be zombies.

oh, thanks anyways. i don't think i'm going to overthink it too much. i think its just the old sinful self that was considered dead to God because of sin, and then Jesus brightens the christians, makes a new man because the spirit or the mind is made right with God and the mind can control the body.
i dont know if that wrong. i have to sleep for an hour and go to work.
I mean human nature in the sense of the primal, animalistic kind of nature. The kind of nature that is destructive, but also part of the human condition.

There's nothing 'wrong' with human nature, it's the way we are made. The human nature IS the sinful nature. We're hard wired to take what we want and give into our urges of pride and envy and spite and hate etc etc. And the key here is realizing that those things don't carry any benefit, not really.

'For God has imprisoned all in disobedience that he may have mercy on all'.

'For you are called to be free, but do not use this freedom to indulge animal nature, but rather use it to serve one another humbly with love'.

J

jerusalem

in terms of the flesh.....we are crucified with Christ......crucifixtion is a very slow and painful death. it isn't instantaneous or peaceful. it is excruciating. Jesus was persecuted unto death and mocked and humiliated while He paid the price. you can't expect to enter into our God's kingdom without a struggle. we are to take up our cross daily and follow Him. yet even He, for a moment was unable to carry that cross and simeon of cyrene had to carry it for Him part of the way. how good our Savior is. even here He showed us how to serve one another's needs. He didn't need to be baptized but He set the example for us and He could have carried the cross every step of the way but He knew their would be times when it would simply be too much to bear. we serve a risen Savior and we must never lose sight of that. keeping our eyes fixed on Him we will not stray. we must never follow another for He is the only way. if you are determined to see our God as unfair then see this. it isnt fair that Jesus had to pay our debt and it isn't fair that we can get off totally free. God bless and keep you all.

S

silverdollar

I mean human nature in the sense of the primal, animalistic kind of nature. The kind of nature that is destructive, but also part of the human condition.

There's nothing 'wrong' with human nature, it's the way we are made. The human nature IS the sinful nature. We're hard wired to take what we want and give into our urges of pride and envy and spite and hate etc etc. And the key here is realizing that those things don't carry any benefit, not really.

'For God has imprisoned all in disobedience that he may have mercy on all'.

'For you are called to be free, but do not use this freedom to indulge animal nature, but rather use it to serve one another humbly with love'.
i understand that. thanks.
our old nature was like Adam's separate from God, some people say dead but Adam clearly wasnt a zombie.
my new nature is sure different from my old nature, but it happened to me when Jesus came near. my mind is brighter and i can think i see everything different now and i see evil everywhere but i see the good things God made now. i used to love fishing and being in the desert and all but now i see Gods hand and its better. i see people different now too.
i see people with the old natire, i guess, and they look depressed and scared and some just look crazy.
but i still mkae friends with them and they are still people.
i met a few christians through a guy at work.

he played a sermon i liked by Mark Driscol. that sounded right on to me.

Mar 15, 2013
man i think you think way too much of yourself.
i think you are full of it. lol.
It is OK that you think that of me if you need to. :)

I would only ask that you discern between whether it is that you hate my strong speech toward false teachings which clearly if they can be proved false are lies of Satan.

Or, if I am really hating men, as you seem to think, by my boldly speaking to that poison their true enemy has subtly placed within them.

Romans 12:9 "Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good."

Should we only abhor that in ourselves and not also abhor it where ever it lodges itself as the spirit from Satan finding a place to rest and work it's deception?

It would not be love to ignore it where ever we by the word of God have become able to see it. Love demands we speak boldly against such that is evil and seek to pull our brothers out of the fire.

Will that always seem pleasant to them? Only in a fairytale land.

Notice how they in like manner spoke down of Paul for his bold honesty toward that evil spirit of Satan in them: 2 Corinthians 10:10 "For his letters, say they, are weighty and powerful; but his bodily presence is weak, and his speech contemptible."

You and homward or this entire site can see what i say however you wish. That does not alter my love's responsibility before God and toward you.

2 Corinthians 4:12 "So then death worketh in us, but life in you."

Last edited:
S

silverdollar

It is OK that you think that of me if you need to. :)
no i dont need to.
i do though. lol

I would only ask that you discern between whether it is that you hate my strong speech toward false teachings which clearly if they can be proved false are lies of Satan.
your strong speech is just your ego seems like.

those things you said to those other people sound like fanatic rants.

Or, if I am really hating men, as you seem to think, by my boldly speaking to that poison their true enemy has subtly placed within them.
no, thats enough for me.
you think far too much of yourself. you might need professional help or something.
or just trying acting normal. lol.
all the religious sounding talk is fake.

thats all

S

silverdollar

It would not be love to ignore it where ever we by the word of God have become able to see it. Love demands we speak boldly against such that is evil and seek to pull our brothers out of the fire.
somebody already told you Jesus said anyone who says you fool is in danger of hellfire. but i guess you get around that by saying that guy wasnt your brother.

now you say youre trying to pull brothers from the fire.

just get some meds or give religion a break or move out of your MOM's house.lol

Mar 15, 2013
somebody already told you Jesus said anyone who says you fool is in danger of hellfire. but i guess you get around that by saying that guy wasnt your brother.

now you say youre trying to pull brothers from the fire.

just get some meds or give religion a break or move out of your MOM's house.lol
OK then, if it is necessary for you to believe that I am bound for hell then do so. That is nothing to me that a man would judge that of me.

I only ask that you care to look at the word I speak to you and see for yourself if I speak from God or from men.

I will speak boldly to the lion of Satan, where ever he takes his spirit to rest; for as a true ambassador of Christ, like Christ, I seek to destroy the works of the devil, period, matter not where they lay. 1 John 3:8 "He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil."

Sorry if that distresses you. Get over it for your own sake.

A man and a woman were walking in the jungle. A roaring lion jumped out and proceeded to try to devour them. The man wrestled the lion to the ground and once he had restrained that lion he drew his knife to sink it into that lions heart. But the woman with him began to cry out, "No!!! Please do not kill that lion as it is not right!!!" And so the man listened to the woman and let that lion go.

A short time later that lion came back wiser and with more craft, met them on their way and slayed them. That lion greatly enjoyed feasting on their blood.

S

silverdollar

I only ask that you care to look at the word I speak to you and see for yourself if I speak from God or from men.
i read your words. i think youre speaking out of your own ego bro.
and saying its God. i'd be scared if i was you. lol.

Elin

Banned
Jan 19, 2013
ok thank you. so is it right to say the person i used to before Jesus came and confronted me and accepted me and lighted my mind was the old unregenertae self like Adam?
because that's what it seems like to me.

about the flesh and how paul describes it could you explain it , i will look up the parts where paul talks about it.
because my body didnt change much after i got saved but my mind or spirit did.
so then i learned to control my body more. i dont understand when people keep saying o you are of the flesh and so on. thats weird.
Well, the first thing we have to understand is Paul's use of

Spiritual:

It always means the realm/province/domain of the Holy Spirit;
Paul never uses it to specifically denote the non-physical, non-material or non-corporeal.
See Ro 1:11, 7:14, 15:27; 1Co 2:13, 15, 3:1, 9:11, 10:3, 4, 12:1, 14:1, 37: Gal 6:1; Eph 1:3, 5:19, 6:12; Col 1:9, 3:16.

Secondly, Paul speaks of the flesh and the spirit in a couple of ways:

Old man vs. new man

The "old man" is the inner spiritually dead (no Holy Spirit life) man before rebirth, or regeneration.
In Paul's usage, the term is synonymous with the sinful nature, the body of sin, the flesh
(Ro 6:6, 7:5, 18, 8:3-5, 8, 9, 12, 13:14; Gal 5:13, 16-21, 24, 6:8; Eph 4:22; Col 2:11, 3:9-10).

The "new man" is the inner spiritually alive (with Holy Spirit life) man in Christ after rebirth.
Note that, although the old man and the new man are non-physical, immaterial, non-corporeal, Paul does not call them "spiritual," because Paul never uses "spiritual" to specifically denote the non-physical.
He uses it only to denote the province of the Holy Spirit.

Natural body vs. spiritual body

The "natural body" is the perishable, corrupt, weak, sinful (physical) body (1Co 15:50).

The "spiritual body" is a NT term originating with Paul, and is used by no one else in the NT epistles.
By this term, Paul means the imperishable, incorruptible, not-characterized-by-sin physical body (1Co 15:42-44).
He calls it spiritual in contrast to natural, and not in contrast to physical, material or corporeal.
Paul never uses the word "spiritual" to specifically denote the non-physical, non-material, non-corporeal.
He always uses it to denote the domain of the Holy Spirit.

Now, you're probably really confused.

M

MANTRYING

For the longest time I can not understand this passage in the bible. A non Jewish woman asked the Lord to heal her daughter I think. The Lord said something like "I came here for the Jewish people and not for you". and the woman said something like "even a dog waits by a masters footstool for crumbs" and Christ heals her child. Since I am not Jewish I was a little offended. Whose Child am I. Well we can say that after resurrection we are now included. We can also say first will be last and feel good. Were the Jews like the the best batch of cookies and the rest of us were not? If I was alive during the Lords day, I would be behind the woman. Thing like this gave rise to Islam. God does not want to be second, and I feel me too.

Elin

Banned
Jan 19, 2013
P.S. Paul uses "spiritual body" only of the resurrection body.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Well, the first thing we have to understand is Paul's use of

Spiritual:

It always means the realm/province/domain of the Holy Spirit;
Paul never uses it to specifically denote the non-physical, non-material or non-corporeal.
See Ro 1:11, 7:14, 15:27; 1Co 2:13, 15, 3:1, 9:11, 10:3, 4, 12:1, 14:1, 37: Gal 6:1; Eph 1:3, 5:19, 6:12; Col 1:9, 3:16.

Secondly, Paul speaks of the flesh and the spirit in a couple of ways:

Old man vs. new man

The "old man" is the inner spiritually dead (no Holy Spirit life) man before rebirth, or regeneration.
In Paul's usage, the term is synonymous with the sinful nature, the body of sin, the flesh
(Ro 6:6, 7:5, 18, 8:3-5, 8, 9, 12, 13:14; Gal 5:13, 16-21, 24, 6:8; Eph 4:22; Col 2:11, 3:9-10).

The "new man" is the inner spiritually alive (with Holy Spirit life) man in Christ after rebirth.
Note that, although the old man and the new man are non-physical, immaterial, non-corporeal, Paul does not call them "spiritual," because Paul never uses "spiritual" to specifically denote the non-physical.
He uses it only to denote the province of the Holy Spirit.

Natural body vs. spiritual body

The "natural body" is the perishable, corrupt, weak, sinful (physical) body (1Co 15:50).

The "spiritual body" is a NT term originating with Paul, and is used by no one else in the NT epistles.
By this term, Paul means the imperishable, incorruptible, not-characterized-by-sin physical body (1Co 15:42-44).
He calls it spiritual in contrast to natural, and not in contrast to physical, material or corporeal.
Paul never uses the word "spiritual" to specifically denote the non-physical, non-material, non-corporeal.
He always uses it to denote the domain of the Holy Spirit.

Now, you're probably really confused.

Drett

Feb 16, 2013
Hi, guys!

Been wanting to share another little tidbit of a study from God's word, on the order of the Leviticus notes.

- - - - - - - - - - -

1. Job, a godly man (Job 1:8, 2:3), was sorely afflicted by God (1:21, 2:10) and lost everything (1:13-19) because of a controversy between God and Satan (1:8-12, 2:3-6).

BIBLICAL PRINCIPLE: Things happen on earth because of reasons in heaven we know nothing about.

But Job did not sin by charging God with wrongdoing (unfairness) - 1:22.

2. The NT reveals that man charges God with unfairness for two reasons:
  • a) he misunderstands the meaning of fairness (Mt 20:8-15)
BIBLICAL PRINCIPLE: Fairness does not mean giving everyone the same, but means giving everyone his due (what he is owed, a just debt).

• b) to justify his own sin (Mt 25:24-30) - the wicked lazy servant (v.26) charges his master with unfairness (v.24) to justify his laziness as prudence (v.25).
3. The NT assumes man will question the fairness of God's sovereign choices:
  • Ro 9:18-19 - How can he condemn us? Who can resist his will (sovereignty)?
  • Paul's answer to man's charge of unfairness against God is
  • the same as Jesus gave in the parable (Mt 20:15); i.e.,
  • to assert the authority of God (Ro 9:20-21).
4. God's answer to man's charges of unfairness:

Your ways are not my ways,
My ways are higher (better) than your ways (Is 55:8-9).
I do no wrong (Dt 32:4),
All my ways are just (Da 4:37, 9:14; Ps 145:17),
and I do what is right (Da 4:37, cf v.35)

• PERSONAL APPLICATION: We must decide who is right, and whom we will believe, man or God.
5. Paul's response to God's sovereign choice
  • not to grant faith to Israel, his covenant people (Ro 11:7-8), but to cut them off (Ro 11:17, 19-20, 22) and
  • instead grant faith to the Gentiles, who were foreigners to the covenant (Eph 2:11-12) is
  • Ro 11:33-36 -
How unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways beyond finding out!
Who is wise enough that he should instruct God (Isa 40:13)?
And who has given to God that God should owe him? (Job 41:11)

6. Back to Job: While Job did not sin in what he said (Job 2:10), because he did not curse God (1:11, 2:5), he did:

• feel he had a right to an explanation, which God owed him (Job 9:16, 10:2, 13:3, 22-23)--presumption
  • complain because God afflicted the righteous but not the wicked (24:12)--discrediting God's justice.
7. God responds to Job:
charges Job with
  • ignorance (chps 38-39),
  • casting shadows of ignorance over his wisdom (38:2), and
  • discrediting his justice (40:8) in order to justify himself to his friends (6:29, 13;12-19), who were using his affliction as proof of his unrighteousness (22:4-30, 34:10-12, 31-37, 35:12-16, 36:8-17)
challenges Job (40:7-8) to match him in
  • justice (40:8)
  • power (40:9)
  • majesty (40:10) and
  • dominion (40:11-14).
BIBLICAL PRINCIPLE: We do not question God (Ro 9:20), he questions us (Job 38:3, 40:7).
  • We do not judge God (Is 10:15), he judges us (Job 40:2).
  • Nor do we call God to the bar of our reason (Ro 9:20; Is 45:11-12)
    to judge him based on human understanding and human ways (Job 1:22)
  • The Bible calls that "turning things upside down as if the potter were thought to be like the clay." (Is 29:16, NIV)
8. Job is
  • humbled (42:3), repents (42:6) and embraces the sovereign actions of God (40:2, 5), although
  • he is never given an explanation for his affliction (see #1, Biblical Principle).
  • Job no longer needed an explanation (42:3), for he had experienced the glory of God (42:5, cf 19:26-27), which far surpasses anything found on earth (Php 3:8-10).
9. Outcome of Job's trial:
  • deeper heart knowledge and realized fellowship with God (42:3, 5, 8, cf 19:26-27; Ps 42:1-2, 63:1, 84:1-2).
  • double possessions (42:10)--foreshadowing of spirituall possessions (Heb 10:34; 1Pe 1:4-5),
  • long life (42:16)--foreshadowing eternal life (Jas 1:12).
10. Parallels between Job and Christ:
  • the Righteous One (Ac 7:52, 3:14),
  • sorely afflicted by God (Is 53:3-5)
  • because of a controversy with Satan (Ge 3:15; Jn 12:31; Mt 12:29; Lk 10:18-19),
  • who was emptied and humbled (Php 2:5-8)
  • for his greater glory (Heb 12:2; Php 2:9-11; 2Co 4:17), and
  • exalted to intercede for his friends (Ac 2:33; Heb 7:25, cf Job 45:7-10).
11. God's answer to man's objections regarding his absolute sovereignty:

I am all wise and all just (Is 40:13-14; Ps 89:14),
I do what is best and what is right (Dt 32:4; Ps 119:68; Da 4:37).
TRUST ME, and lean not on your own understanding.

PERSONAL APPLICATION: The sovereignty of God requires our trust, not our understanding. (Ro 11:33)
Interesting thanks. The child sometimes does not understand why the parents does not let them do as they wish.

G

gentlebreeze

OK then, if it is necessary for you to believe that I am bound for hell then do so. That is nothing to me that a man would judge that of me. I only ask that you care to look at the word I speak to you and see for yourself if I speak from God or from men. I will speak boldly to the lion of Satan, where ever he takes his spirit to rest; for as a true ambassador of Christ, like Christ, I seek to destroy the works of the devil, period, matter not where they lay. 1 John 3:8 "He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil." Sorry if that distresses you. Get over it for your own sake. A man and a woman were walking in the jungle. A roaring lion jumped out and proceeded to try to devour them. The man wrestled the lion to the ground and once he had restrained that lion he drew his knife to sink it into that lions heart. But the woman with him began to cry out, "No!!! Please do not kill that lion as it is not right!!!" And so the man listened to the woman and let that lion go. A short time later that lion came back wiser and with more craft, met them on their way and slayed them. That lion greatly enjoyed feasting on their blood.
hav read many of your posts and see you speek as true man of god the yung ones are not thinking as they hav no wisdom yet if they would just pause from their pride for a monent to see that yeshua spoke at 30 yrs old to pharisees much older than himself in harsher ways just as you do toward the untruth in them but they imagine in thir pride you speek personal against them and will try to make it seem so the very reason the pharisees killed away the prophets and yeshua

J

jerusalem

mantrying....Jesus was sent to those who claimed to be believer's first....this woman's culture was not necessarily among those who believed in the one true God or the true Messiah. i believe He was questioning her faith and her willingness to change her belief system. her response showed the scars of being treated as inferior as well as her genuine humility in regard to our Lord's saving power and grace. but Jesus didn't see her as inferior. in those days that He spoke to a woman at all much less in public demonstrates that. Jesus touched lepers and the dead....which it is forbidden for a priest to do. although Jesus was so far above us He treated everyone as if they were His equal. He defied the social taboos that defied acts of love