IS IT ALLRIGHT to Pray To Others Than Jesus,like the Virgin Mary Or Saints???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Do U Believe in Praying To Others Besides Jesus Such as The Virgin Mary Or Saints???

• YES I DO

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • NOT SURE ON THIS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No I Do Not.

Votes: 12 92.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dscherck

Banned [Reason: persistent, ongoing Catholic heres
Aug 3, 2009
We may judge for ourselves (NOT FOR OTHERS OR ALL) what is right, but judgment dealing with salvation we have not been given to execute in this age, it will be handed over to the saints (all who love Yeshua) on that day when the thrones are set up for judgment.
I would like all to meditate on just who they think is good enough to bear us from here to heaven, and the Only reply can be Yeshua. Ëven after repenting and being a loyal child of Yahweh, we are still not perfected, only Yeshua was perfect. It is written we will be perfected on His Day. If you are perfect now, you are good, and I know none of the brethren are perfect in this age.
But then it's even more obvious then that asking those fellow Christians who have joined Our Lord in paradise to pray for us is a good thing. After all, as the Scripture clearly states, nothing unclean can enter heaven. Thus those saints in Heaven have been made pure and holy, and the prayers of a righteous/holy man are much more effective than the prayers of a sinner. So the prayers of the saints in heaven are even more powerful than the prayers of a believer still here on earth. And we all know how powerful those prayers can be. My dearest grandmother continually offers her prayers for me and all my cousins and their families. And my grandmother has not yet gone to the Lord, but remains here on earth. I know how effective her earnest prayers can be through my own experiences, so then, how much more effective will the prayers of those made holy and in heaven must be! How wonderous that Our Lord's conquering of death allows us to stay in communion with our beloved brothers and sisters in Christ who have been taken up into heaven! Not even death can separate us from the love of Our Lord! Not even death can separate our family through Christ Jesus!

C

cfultz3

All good does come from God, but to say that we can't point to someone here on earth and say, "They're a good person" is kinda silly. But according to some here in this thread, we can't even point to a famous Christian in history such as St. Paul and say, "He was a good man and led many to Christ" because only God is good.
cfultz said this:
As to recognizing good in others, did not Paul, who was living, say, "be imitators of me"? How can you imitate the dead?
Would you be so kind to read what I say. I do take the time to read your posts. Thank you.

dscherck

Banned [Reason: persistent, ongoing Catholic heres
Aug 3, 2009
cfultz said this:

Would you be so kind to read what I say. I do take the time to read your posts. Thank you.
I simply pointed out that the Saints in heaven are not dead. Paul is not dead. Nor is Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, Moses, Peter, Andrew, John, Matthew or many countless others.

Our God is the God of the living, not the dead. They are alive in Christ. And as they are alive, not dead, we can ask them to pray for us. We can look to them for examples of how to live holy lives, pleasing to God.

If you'd read my posts, you'd be aware of the fact that Scripture confirms they are not dead.

Aug 17, 2007
To tell you the truth, we Catholics ask Mary and the Saints to pray along with us to the Lord. It is the same as asking a friend to pray for you.

C

cfultz3

If you'd read my posts, you'd be aware of the fact that Scripture confirms they are not dead.
Physical = the body. That which is made of dust, that which lies in a grave.

Spiritual = their spirit. That which is in Heaven awaiting the resurrection of their body which lies in the grave.

So, by my difinition, are they not physically dead? Will you give me one example of where it is ok to pray to the physical dead? Will you show me where even one angel brought up to the Lord the prayer of a human? Is not a witness one who looks upon their fellowservants of the Lord? From that, where do you get that they intercede for the living? Does not the Spirit speak profoundly for us in the things pertaining to God?

C

cfultz3

I just realized I am posting in two diffrent "Catholic" themed threads. So, if I said I have said something and you cannot find it here, my apologies. Please also see, "Who is the most beloved Catholic saint.....".

Apr 6, 2012
Jesus gave us a guide on how to pray to his father at Matthew 6:9-15. His father (God/Jehovah) is the only hearer of prayer. (Psalms 65:2, Isaiah 1:15; 59:2; Mark 11:25) However, we make our petitions in the name of Jesus.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
An organisation where the head kisses a quran will probably find praying to others acceptable.

That does not mean they speak for ALmighty Yahvah God or Yahshua the Messiah..

Even if they twist scripture to support their acts, one should always make sure for themselves by checking the Scriptures.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Any entity claiming to be of Yeshua and deceving its flock is of the enemy. Yahweh is not sometimes correct, He is correct, perfect. He has provided for His children to know Him personally in Yeshua and His teachings, The Holy Scriptures which talk of Him, and of course His Holy Spirit. In the first assemblies there was never any particular one saying they were the only and true, they fellowshipped in the Same Spirit with all other assemblies, that is until men began to move away from the original Vine. Worship Yahweh in Yeshua, in Spirit and truth and you cannot be misled.

G

GraceBeUntoYou

you shouldnt be praying to Jesus either...jesus himself said when you pray, pray to the father...mathew 6:9 this is how you should pray, our FATHER who art in heaven mathew 6:6 pray to your FATHER in private....nowhere in the bible does it say pray to Jesus. John 10:25 I do work in my FATHERS name....everything is for the father, Jesus died for our sins so we could get to heaven but He prayed to the Father and He also said repeatedly thats who we need to be praying to
Obviously you missed a great portion of testimonies which testify to Christ as being the recipient of prayer. Probably the most explicit statement to this is found in John 14, where Christ had been comforting the disciples in regards to His parting away, and ascension to the Heavenly realm to be seated at the right hand of the Father (John 13.1, 16; 14.2-5), and it is in this discourse that Jesus says,
"Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in Me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father. Whatever you ask in My name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.” -- John 14.12-14
It is here that Christ not only testifies of Himself as the direct object of prayer, but also has the ability to fulfill all requests and petitions that are made directly to Him.

Examples of prayer directed to Christ can be found in Acts 1.21-25, 7.59-60, 9.14, 22.16; Romans 10.12-13; 1 Corinthians 1.2, 16.22; 2 Corinthians 12.8-9; 1 John 5.13-15; Revelation 22.20-21

Last edited:

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Obviously you missed a great portion of testimonies which testify to Christ as being the recipient of prayer. Probably the most explicit statement to this is found in John 14, where Christ had been comforting the disciples in regards to His parting away, and ascension to the Heavenly realm to be seated at the right hand of the Father (John 13.1, 16; 14.2-5), and it is in this discourse that Jesus says,
"Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in Me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father. Whatever you ask in My name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.” -- John 14.12-14
It is here that Christ not only testifies of Himself as the direct object of prayer, but also has the ability to fulfill all requests and petitions that are made directly to Him.

Examples of prayer directed to Christ can be found in Acts 1.21-25, 7.59-60, 9.14, 22.16; Romans 10.12-13; 1 Corinthians 1.2, 16.22; 2 Corinthians 12.8-9; 1 John 5.13-15; Revelation 22.20-21
Thank you for the homework, after having consulted the Hebrew text, WOW, it says exactly what you have said here. I will paste it below, it is good practice for me. "All things you pray in my name I will accomplish (DO)" Anytime you want me to look up somethig, it is good for my studies, thank you. Yes, Yeshua answers the petitions, halleluyah.! (Halleluyah means praise Yah, we all say it at one time or another.) The personal pronoun, first person singular, is Yeshua...
כָּל־דָּבָר אֲשֶׁר תִּשְׁאֲלוּ בִשְׁמִי אֲנִי אֶעֱשֶׂנּוּ

Last edited:
C

cfultz3

Indeed, very good "homework". Thank you for the information.