Is it biblical to attend Church every Sunday?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

pjharrison

in a perfect world, ONE assembly per city would be ideal. sure. in a perfect world, we would ALL agree in/on all things. no arguments. no fights. all in one accord.

but... if we can't even agree on where to go to lunch after Sunday morning service.... lol
That is where the fear of the Lord comes in. When you fear the lord it keeps you from sinning.
Exodus 20:20 20Moses said to the people, "Do not be afraid. God has come to test you, so that the fear of God will be with you to keep you from sinning."

P

pjharrison

Your first statement reveals your lack of understanding about the mark of the beast.
The Scripture teaches that a true believer will not take the mark. So if you are really saved, you have no worry about the mark.
It is also very evident that you have no concept of what a true church is, it's function, and your obligation to assemble with a local church.
Now, I will grant you that many, maybe most local assemblies are nothing more than a religious organization that serves Satan and not God, but there are many that , while not perfect, do serve God.
And you have an obligation to search one out and assemble with it.
38 Then he said to them, “My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me.”
39 Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”
Even Jesus prayed for his soul to be strengthened.

P

pjharrison

Whatever spirit has been teaching you, it isn't biblical.

And wait, what do you mean ALL churches...according to your error there is only one true church per city.
Did you ever think that if what I have said is true, your not fighting against me, but God.

P

pjharrison

That you are trying to prove anything to me indicates clearly that you have much to learn, and understand far less than you think you understand. You want to learn? Great... but knowledge puffs up, while love builds up. If you were able to prove that you understand something, it would only feed your ego. Frankly, that is one part of you that is overfed already.

How about this instead: spend a few days prayerfully examining your life, considering where the fruit of the Holy Spirit is evident... and where it isn't.
No I want puff up, I have done that before and God knocked me down. I have done some suffering too. I know what I am talking about. I fear God. He can make you or break you. And I don't want to be without the love of God. I don't care about anyone caring about me in this forum. But I do not want to loose the love of Jesus. And I will not be ashame of the gospel, because god will be ashamed of me.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Did you ever think that if what I have said is true, your not fighting against me, but God.
Has it occurred to you that if what others are saying is true, it is you who are fighting against God?

Get off your high horse, put away your desire to prove yourself right, and stop throwing imprecations at those who disagree with you. God is the Judge; you aren't.

P

pjharrison

Has it occurred to you that if what others are saying is true, it is you who are fighting against God?

Get off your high horse, put away your desire to prove yourself right, and stop throwing imprecations at those who disagree with you. God is the Judge; you aren't.
They have every right to their opinion, and so do I. It is a discussion forum.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
I have no idea where this is going.

I’ve been at my local fellowship for little over a year, and God has blessed me through it, and I have been able to bless others as well.

P

pjharrison

I have no idea where this is going.

I’ve been at my local fellowship for little over a year, and God has blessed me through it, and I have been able to bless others as well.
Do whatever you want too, your the only one who can save you.

K

Kim82

One may attend church on any day of the week. It doesn't matter which day you choose to worship, just as to long as you don't forsake the church.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
There is only one Church per city. All these local churches were formed to keep people from the knowledge of God. To keep them in infancy. Satan is very clever. He has succeeded.
Yeah, but all they did was gossip in Sunday school class, and one particular family seemed to run the whole thing, so I went down the street and started a new church.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
P

pjharrison

One may attend church on any day of the week. It doesn't matter which day you choose to worship, just as to long as you don't forsake the church.
Heb: 10 :25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Assembling meaning; getting to gether. Not meaning going to church.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
All of the local churches keep you in infancy. That was what they were designed to do. It's under a religious covering. The spirit is not being fed.
Church is for fellowship. Reading the bible is for learning.

P

pjharrison

Yeah, but all they did was gossip in Sunday school class, and one particular family seemed to run the whole thing, so I went down the street and started a new church.
:LOL:

Laish

Jul 31, 2016
People who attend Church says it is biblical to attend Church every Sunday, but it's not.
You know it’s not biblical to post on Internet forums . I have not see one example. Let’s be constant please .
Blessings
Bill

K

Kim82

Heb: 10 :25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Assembling meaning; getting to gether. Not meaning going to church.
A church is quite practical place to get together. If not not, we would have to gather in each others houses or underneath tents or just gather out in the open.

P

pjharrison

What does the church house got to do with being kept in infancy?
What does the church house got to do with being kept in infancy?
1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness unto him; neither can he.
The church keep your understanding earthy.