Is it fun to put up your dukes?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Yes its fun.

WHat would we do without the boogiemen and heretics?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
if we never saw a calm discussion get out of hand, become heated and even offensive to some, would we like it?
Of course. But since there is a spiritual battle. we will not find this too often. Any Christian forum has a wide range of participants from rank Atheists to sound and mature Christians.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Of course. But since there is a spiritual battle. we will not find this too often. Any Christian forum has a wide range of participants from rank Atheists to sound and mature Christians.
U know, I didn't think of that, folks here being atheist, very good point. Hmmmmm, u know apologists, those who dwell in pondered thoughts, they are very useful learning tools. I love listening to Ravi Zacharias, for example. Usually good stuff is derived in those kinds of debates. Sometimes, though, their approach or delivery teaches too, instructing us how not to be.

Daz

Oct 28, 2018
East yorkshire
"Greet one another with a holy kiss" as defined by the BDF:

Jesus said turn the other cheek - even give up your coat but that was in context to someone naked and being shamed by others - Jesus was one of the greatest militants of his time (some as they read this will be thinking no he was a pacifist) when he found the temple being defiled extorting money from the poor to pay for sacrifices using the whole place as a market to make money he over turned a traders table and he whipped the traders! If you think what I'm saying is wrong I suggest you look to your bible and see what it says!

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
Put it down, whenever you see a thread with over a thousand views . . . there's a fight going on inside. People look because they can't help it ... they want to know who is winning.

Daz

Oct 28, 2018
East yorkshire
Put it down, whenever you see a thread with over a thousand views . . . there's a fight going on inside. People look because they can't help it ... they want to know who is winning.
Our fight is not with fleash and blood but with powers and principalities - as media and the internet is now the most globally powerful way to influence individuals for good and for evil - I sure would like to know who is winning that battle.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
True, for sure, especially when a healthy debate becomes heated. The dark side of flesh is intrigued and entertained by the heated disputes and positions. It becomes almost like an addicted passion. The more extreme and radical the positions along with their deliveries, the more it seems to attract highly volital responses, thus more shameful invested appeal and it continues. Shame shame shame for the most part. When rational leaves the building, leaving only frustration, offense and arrogance, any credibility of the position or the one holding it diminishes. When respect is diminished, we are then less prone to receive and learn new information.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Our fight is not with fleash and blood but with powers and principalities - as media and the internet is now the most globally powerful way to influence individuals for good and for evil - I sure would like to know who is winning that battle.
You have my mind pondering, tyou.

Dec 12, 2013
Look......the word of God divides and we are to stand prepared for battle.......this is not a game of Chutes and Ladders.....there is a war taking place between right and wrong, good and evil, true and false and the biggest errors of many is to assume that the title Christian = Christian....the bible is replete with defensive and offensive stances on the word of God that utilized anger, sarcasm, rebuke, heat, fire as well as "soft love"......make no mistake there are quite a few on here that peddle dogmas, gospels and heretical anti-biblical fallacies.....WITH ETERNAL CONSEQUENCE......I have always been able to engage in a good manner UNLESS my words are twisted, embellished, and or yanked out of context.....and too be frank.....I cannot stand any dogma that devalues the ministry, work, promises and or power of Christ, nor that which makes Christ into a liar and or anything that lifts man up while bringing Christ down.......I know I am very controversial, blunt, sometimes mouthy when dealing with certain individuals.......at the end of the day I guess the Marine in me comes out in defense of the Lord and his truth......