Is it healthy to look up wedding stuff on pinterest?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
This tends to be something that people, mostly female people, do on a regular basis. But the question is, how emotionally healthy is it to do? I will unashamedly admit that I do it as well, which is funny because I wasn't always that person. Are we being obsessive? Are we telling ourselves that we're planning ahead? Or is it just fun perhaps?

Granted, I only really ever looked at things in interest after Blain and I had actually brought the possibility of marriage up. It wasn't like after a week of dating and I was like "I NEED TO PREPARE." And maybe people do that, I have no idea. Hence the discussion.

Please be respectful to eacthother, guys I'm looking at you since you may not get the impulse to look up cute wedding things XD

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I think that it is healthy to look at wedding stuff and probably fun besides. If there is a possibility for marriage it certainly doesn't hurt to plan ahead. It's also exciting. Relax and enjoy yourself.

A

Amazing-Grace

It's sweet and for what it's worth I think it's natural and normal. Enjoy being young and in love it doesn't last forever, pretty soon after you are married it will settle down to a more comfortable and hopefully long-lasting love. God bless you both.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
If looking up wedding stuff constantly is unhealthy then my daydreaming of marrying you and having a life together constantly is just as unhealthy soooooo ya ♥

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
If looking up wedding stuff constantly is unhealthy then my daydreaming of marrying you and having a life together constantly is just as unhealthy soooooo ya ♥
♥♥♥

Well, at lest we're unhealthily dorky together XDDDD

D

Depleted

This tends to be something that people, mostly female people, do on a regular basis. But the question is, how emotionally healthy is it to do? I will unashamedly admit that I do it as well, which is funny because I wasn't always that person. Are we being obsessive? Are we telling ourselves that we're planning ahead? Or is it just fun perhaps?

Granted, I only really ever looked at things in interest after Blain and I had actually brought the possibility of marriage up. It wasn't like after a week of dating and I was like "I NEED TO PREPARE." And maybe people do that, I have no idea. Hence the discussion.

Please be respectful to eacthother, guys I'm looking at you since you may not get the impulse to look up cute wedding things XD
No, absolutely not. Everytime I look stuff up on Pinterest, I start scrolling down and it tells me I have to sign up to keep looking... and I don't wanna. I just want to look. So, no.

LOL

Besides, I come from the generation that had to buy our bridal magazines.

Okay, truthfully now? I was never one of those woman who did that, but then again you're also asking someone who still thinks a toolbox is the perfect bridal shower gift, so I might be the exception to the rule. (Isn't it? Always figured the wife gets the responsibility of decorating the house, and how better to do that then with a hammer to put up pictures or shelves, a screwdriver to put furniture together, a wrench, because sooner or later that S-trap is going to die and it doesn't wait for convenient moments,...)

My friends did it. Even I planned for my future. I just didn't happen to plan for the wedding day. I think most people, not just women, make plans for the great events in life. I had baby names picked out by the time I was 12. I had our retirement worked out before I was 35. Even at 60, I have my pen name picked out for my novel, just in case it does take off. I don't want to lose the joy of grocery shopping with hubby. (I know. Sounds silly, but we truly enjoy grocery shopping, and I doubt Stephen King or Joanne Rowling get to do their own grocery shopping in peace.)

Nothing worked as planned, but I think it's like dreaming about winning the lottery. It's just too much fun figuring out what to do if we win, not to enjoy the planning part.

I really can't see where planning big things would go against God's word. He gave us this imagination to enjoy. Why not enjoy it?

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
It is very healthy to look, plan and get ideas for your wedding as long as you keep God in the number one spot. He probably enjoys watching you be happy and excited in the process. So look away and enjoy yourselves...

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
It is very healthy to look, plan and get ideas for your wedding as long as you keep God in the number one spot. He probably enjoys watching you be happy and excited in the process. So look away and enjoy yourselves...
Yes. Yes to all of this.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016

A woman dreams of her wedding day ever since she was young. She wants it to be beautiful and for herself to look amazing too. She dreams of marrying the guy of her dreams and that life will be great. Females who had very good fathers will also gravitate to a man who reminds her of hers fathers love and kindness. Or She will get caught up into the Hollywood man, you know the kind who always knows what to say, kind, loving, great listener, always thinking of her before himself.

The biggest mistake that females can make is forget what's real and whats not. Younger men will be rougher around the edges than older men. Growing older usually builds wisdom, patience and self sacrificing of personal needs. Most young men are trying to live in this confusing, hostile world trying to shelter that from their wife and children. But at the same time we are learning mostly everything the hard way trying to protect his family from the outside world. Many men box up these feelings to protect his family and to give his family a sense of security.

Marrying young can be very beautiful and amazing but a woman must realize real life men and fake men. I use to struggle everyday to be this man my wife had in mind because her dad was very smart, loving and could fix anything. Well I was good at breaking everything by just looking at it. My love is not as matured as his and my knowledge lacks all the experience. But my wife acting like I could change overnight.

We have matured and are on a good path. But many women go into marriage with all the high expectations that a man could never hold up to at least for a long time.

Of course this doesn't mean find any man and hope he changes for the better. No find a man with good noble character and don't try to force him to change. Share your feelings but do not marry with the mindset of I will change him. No one can change in less the individual wants to change. And this is what Jesus will do in a marriage.

It's good to get all excited over a marriage but just remember what real.

Jan 25, 2015
This is so far out there man....... who heard of wedding stuff on pinterest?

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I think one of the main things I tend to get annoyed with is I find myself trying to make actual plans as opposed to just looking for the funs. And I'm like, "Steph. We are not getting married yet. Chill." XDDD

Feb 8, 2017

There's absolutely no problem in doing that. I always look up Christian Weddings and would pin the post for inspirational purposes in the future if I do get married lol. It's just for fun.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I have been doing so much pinning like holy crap XD I think it's kinda been a past time being with dad in his room hanging out

Frontios1996

Mar 30, 2017
Your two priorities for planning your wedding should be 1. Keeping God as your focus, and 2. Making sure you, your fiancée and your guests have a really fun day. For example, when one of my coworkers got married, since the couple met at a paintball game, between the ceremony and reception, we went paintballing and had a lot of fun.

Frontios1996

Mar 30, 2017
Sorry, I sort of rambled there, but long story short, look at Pinterest all you like, but make sure that you are keeping God and his love as a focus.

K

kaylagrl

I think one of the main things I tend to get annoyed with is I find myself trying to make actual plans as opposed to just looking for the funs. And I'm like, "Steph. We are not getting married yet. Chill." XDDD

Where have I been?! Blain!!! Awww so happy for you two! Now,go ahead and look,pin,plan. Thats the fun of pinterest.No harm in it. I never saw myself as being married,never had a dream dress,dream wedding planned in my head as a girl.In fact when I got engaged I had no clue what I wanted for a wedding! I was overwhelmed. My hubby hired a "wedding planner" a friend that was an interior decorator,or so she said. Well when she came to me with the decorations they were sooooo horrible. I paid for what she bought and took over. Guess where I turned for help? You bet ya,pinterest. They have a million ideas and the wedding came off without a hitch and everyone mentioned how beautiful it was.Little did they know I had fired the wedding planner and came up with the whole thing basically the week of the wedding.rofl Blessings you two.