If Jesus had to stay away from sinners, He definitely wouldn't have even stepped foot onto this Earth, for sure!
And of course my music-nerd brain automatically cued up Newsong's "I'd start all over on Mars."
If Jesus had to stay away from sinners, He definitely wouldn't have even stepped foot onto this Earth, for sure!
And of course my music-nerd brain automatically cued up Newsong's "I'd start all over on Mars."![]()
When I gave these "examples", in every case I meant practictioners of these sins, not the ones who occasionally fall into it. BIG difference there!Hmmm. Should I be friends with a person who has lied? Should I be friends with a person who has sexual thoughts outside of marriage? Should I be friends with people who worship other Gods and therefore break the first commandment of God? Should I be friends with people who have dishonored their parents?
God does not categorize sin as bigger sins and smaller sins. For Him, sin is sin. There is white, and then, there is black. There is no grey when it comes to God.
Jesus sits at Matthew's table ONE TIME & everybody claims He did it on a regular basis....that just isn't true. Just because it's written that the Pharisees made these accusations of Jesus doesn't make them true either.Jesus had dinner with prostitutes and money-launderers. That was "fellowship" wasn't it? I'm pretty sure Jesus befriended all people. He loved them all. If Jesus had to stay away from sinners, He definitely wouldn't have even stepped foot onto this Earth, for sure!
Here again... WWJD? It's written how the Lord befriended robbers, cheating tax collectors, drunks, prostitutes, all manner of sinful folk. And of course He was accused by the self-righteous Pharisees of being a drunkard and worse because Jesus associated with all sinners. But Jesus did not sin and they could not find any fault in Him. They had to make up deceitful accusations in order to arrest Jesus. But in truth, they could never find fault in Him because He never sinned.
We are Jesus' ambassadors in this world and must shine His light. We must associate with the sinners or else they cannot see Jesus working in our lives. Jesus is a friend of sinners; so must we also be.
Remember, it is the holy Spirit working in us, not we ourselves. Jesus didn't do His own will but the Father's will. We are not to take it upon ourselves to "save" anyone. But if the Lord God gives opportunity to show His light to a lost soul, we are to obey His Voice.![]()
Yeah you can I mean Jesus Hanged with the sinners, you don't have to agree with them but it's ok to be friends with them.
Some here will post scripture confident in their own righteousness. As a believer, you are called to be more loving to sinners than sinners are to sinners. If you cannot greet a gay person or accept a friendship with them, then you are showing less love than many who do not even believe.
But should you let an unrepentant pedophile molest your children? Should you put innocent people at risk of unrepentant sexually immoral predators? Is that what Jesus instructed and modeled for His disciples to do?
Obviously NOT.
You might want to read the posts in the thread and consider what's being communicated before blurbing.
Family Research Council - "Homosexuals are overrepresented in child sex offenses: Individuals from the 1 to 3 percent of the population that is sexually attracted to the same sex are committing up to one-third of the sex crimes against children."
Of course, you're not really living what you preach. How many newly paroled unrepentant homosexual pedophiles have you befriended? Let me guess: zero. But then, that's the point.
No one is saying don't evangelize the lost (including the sexually immoral). But "as a believer," you are called to be wise and discerning and not act negligently or irresponsibly that ends up in other people being victimized.
You just glossed right over all of that; however, and alluded that anyone who points this out is "confident in their own righteousness" which was ignorant and hypocritically self-righteous of you.
We had a gay man who came to our church , most people accept him and encourages him and prays for him, but the others criticized him so he stopped coming, he he admit he wanted to be free but was afraid of church gave it another try and some people chased him away...it was disappointing when some church people are so full of themselves and doesn't help him...
I agree with part of what you say, but the question I would ask to you is;
How do you know which ones have repented, and which ones have not ?
Jesus answered your question. You can find His answer recorded in the New Testament by Matthew (see Matthew 7):
"You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. So then, you will know them by their fruits."
Nice reply, and I knew that answer.
I was just asking you how do you know, for you mention newly paroled ones. Well if they just got out of prison how do you know at that time if they have repented or not, for they have not had time to prove they have yet.
Unless you like to go by studies taken like I know you do, because you post studies all the time.
Did you know that a study was done that out of all offenders, that sex offenders who take and complete their sex offender treatment programs are less likely to offend again out of all offenders.
Not too many people know this study was done, and the out come of it.
They are still told the media lies, like Nancy Grace that I dub a queen of lies who has ton's of followers who listen and believer her lies.