Is it OK to eat what was sacrificed to idols or not?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
It is not ok to eat halal or even kosher. 1 Cor 8/9/10 generally allow everything but that is only in the context of an idol being worthless objects that can't hear or see. However, the warning in 1 Cor 10:14-21 stands because here some idols are not just nothing but demons. Allah and even what the tribal Jews are sacrificing to are unknown gods.
Kosher is allowed. Its our God its sacreficed to, the God of Israel

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
My mistake, I didn't think you were looking for an answer; I thought you were just comparing difficult passages to articulate a need for the magisterium.
:)

So how you been?

I must admit I am not sure what this post means :) I have been OK, thinking, studying, contemplating about my life and future, about what is certain in my faith and what is just opinions of people etc.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Jesus is Yeshua.not yhwh
Hey there.

Did you know that many of the YHWH texts from the OT are applied to Jesus in the NT?
When you see (atleast in the KJV) "LORD" with all caps in the OT, that word is YHWH.

Many of those texts are applied to Jesus. Such as John the baptist in prophecy, make straight the road to WHOM in the wilderness? to the LORD (all caps, YHWH) and its JESUS!

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Hey there.

Did you know that many of the YHWH texts from the OT are applied to Jesus in the NT?
When you see (atleast in the KJV) "LORD" with all caps in the OT, that word is YHWH.

Many of those texts are applied to Jesus. Such as John the baptist in prophecy, make straight the road to WHOM in the wilderness? to the LORD (all caps, YHWH) and its JESUS!
There are also texts differentiating Jesus and God speaking in the OT.
Gods voice is like thunder and Jesus as the sound of many waters.
Sometimes Jesus spokeis and sometimes God himself.

presidente

May 29, 2013
Kosher is allowed. Its our God its sacreficed to, the God of Israel
My understanding is that Orthodox Jewish sletchers bless God before slaughtering an animal and that this is not considered a sacrifice.

They are more careful about getting the blood out and Gentilesbare to abstain from things strangled and from blood.

Would you rather eat meat slaughtered aby a Muslim or meat choked by someone who professes to be a Christian?

Ihave spent some time among Lutherans from a people group that will slaughte a big or water bufali then pour the blood backnover it and cook it. I do not eat this dish.

presidente

May 29, 2013
Hey there.

I don't think that passage proves your point.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
My understanding is that Orthodox Jewish sletchers bless God before slaughtering an animal and that this is not considered a sacrifice.

They are more careful about getting the blood out and Gentilesbare to abstain from things strangled and from blood.

Would you rather eat meat slaughtered aby a Muslim or meat choked by someone who professes to be a Christian?

Ihave spent some time among Lutherans from a people group that will slaughte a big or water bufali then pour the blood backnover it and cook it. I do not eat this dish.
I wouldnt eat either chocked dish. Ewww
U r making me a vegetarian

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
So you dont believe Jesus is God?

What about you Demi, do you believe Jesus is God?

John 1:1
I believe Jesus iss the son of God and God exalted him and gave him special authority.
God is the father and most high and sin cannot come near him

My opinion

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I believe Jesus iss the son of God and God exalted him and gave him special authority.
God is the father and most high and sin cannot come near him

My opinion
So does that mean you don't believe in the trinity?

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
No i believe they work together but they are seperate beings/things which the trinity just puts 3 individual things in s sack. As one
And what exactly do you not believe:

a) That there is just one God
b) That jesus is God
c) That Jesus is not Father

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
And what exactly do you not believe:

a) That there is just one God
b) That jesus is God
c) That Jesus is not Father
I believe Jesus is not the father and not God because God is the father. Jesus has special authority from God but is the son of God and therefor not God because God is zhe father...kindaI make sense?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
So God wasn't God in the flesh, when He entered the world as Jesus?? Really??