Is it okay for men to cry?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Is it okay for men to cry?


  • Total voters
    48
Status
Not open for further replies.
But it's so much fun! And come on, everyone wants to watch a train wreck! :D
 
Are you guys for real? Because somebody thinks men are different and don't think a man should be so emotional...and dares to disagree with the politically correct attitude ...you guys think its ok to insult and ridicule them until they are shut down? Yea I think I might have said some things trying to be funny...but I would not try to harm any of you...I don't cry a lot...but I know when and where to draw the line in a discussion like this and I would never treat anyone one like some of you who think your tears make you spiritual.
 
Are you guys for real? Because somebody thinks men are different and don't think a man should be so emotional...and dares to disagree with the politically correct attitude ...you guys think its ok to insult and ridicule them until they are shut down? Yea I think I might have said some things trying to be funny...but I would not try to harm any of you...I don't cry a lot...but I know when and where to draw the line in a discussion like this and I would never treat anyone one like some of you who think your tears make you spiritual.

Just gently put the "manly man opinions" down......... and slowly take 3 steps backward............turn and run brother.:D
 
What a picture...

juego.jpg


Pro 26:19 is the man who deceives his neighbor and says, "I am only joking!"
 
Look I can go back and read some of these post and what I see is not men acting like men...now I have changed the discussion a little...and made some folks a little upset...But men are not supposed to be emotional like women...its not right! Its not biblical!

Or perhaps, instead of it's not biblical - it's not biological.
 
hands richie a pair of wading boots.. :)

Is it getting deep in here? Blond has been away a while making banana bread before I had to throw out the bananas.....that might have made me cry......but then I manned up and made the bread....cooling now wish I could share some.....don't cry....lol
 
But it's so much fun! And come on, everyone wants to watch a train wreck! :D

Hey I was baking bread....not sour dough but has sour cream in it Banana Bread..... there's a little train wreck for ya ....Derail....
 
Just gently put the "manly man opinions" down......... and slowly take 3 steps backward............turn and run brother.:D
LOL Yea if I didn't think I had a valid point I probably would... My father never cried..but he loved...and it sounds like some others know the kind of man I am speaking about? Men who you really don't ever know of them crying...But they are good men and know love...and I have seen some that cry at everything and are really monsters...so crying in itself is not evidence of the goodness in a mans heart.
 
Here is my response -

I think it is okay for a man to cry; crying does not make a man unmanly one bit.

My reaction to another man crying would depend on the proximity of my relationship with him. If he is a close friend who I have hugged before, then I would hug him and offer him a shoulder to cry on. If he is an acquaintance it would be "Hey, it's going to be okay. Do you wish to talk about it?" offer from me.

I must confess that I have cried recently. I break down when things get too difficult to handle or when I am overwhelmed by the love of God. I rarely cry over a loss, except when it gets too difficult to handle..
I can spot a reductio ad absurdum there!

I cried when my friend Cesar died, few months ago:

Mi lado UFF-mano: Deadly thoughts (a true life story made short)
 
Or perhaps, instead of it's not biblical - it's not biological.

Maybe? that's a better way to say it? It sure don't come natural to me and the men I know...Good men! Now I in part separate the emotional relationship we have in the Spirit of God.... But to react to everyday life with tears ...as a man, is very unnatural and would cause a person harm if its not controlled in this world we live in.
 
:rolleyes:this thread got derailed long before you arrived here.. lol :)

I think I will cry now and that's o.k. cause I'm a Blond woman......oh, I guess that got us back on topic or maybe not cause I am not a man......so why waste the tears.......I guess I am with Wisebeardman on this one.....
 
I'll take any bread I can get - I'm out of bread and can't make any this weekend because I'm too busy. And banana bread with sour cream baked in sounds pretty good. Can you ship me a loaf? I'll send you a loaf of sourdough when I make some next week...

(Well it was worth a shot...)


Mitspa: Reacting to everyday life with tears? Who advocated that? I would avoid anyone, man or woman, if they teared up all the time. What everyone found irritating was that in your first few (well, more than a few) posts you seemed to be (A) saying a man should never cry and (B) putting down men who admit they cry sometimes. You may not have meant it that way but that's sure how it came across. And given the responses you got from multiple people, I'm not the only one who got that impression.

Perhaps it would be beneficial if you could start over and give a clear, definitive and complete statement concerning your opinion on the matter at hand, to wit: "Is it okay for men to cry?"
 
Maybe? that's a better way to say it? It sure don't come natural to me and the men I know...Good men! Now I in part separate the emotional relationship we have in the Spirit of God.... But to react to everyday life with tears ...as a man, is very unnatural and would cause a person harm if its not controlled in this world we live in.

Exactly. In general, I believe that it is best for men to have a bit of a hard edge on their exterior because this is a hard world that we live in.
 
Pr 12:10 ¶ A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.
 
Mitspa: The reason I suggest starting over with a clear statement of your position is because in your last few posts you seemed to be admitting you cry if the situation is extreme (which is understandable, quite) but your last few posts seem in direct contravention of previous posts from you. I have to admit I'm currently confused as to what exactly you believe about this.
 
Exactly. In general, I believe that it is best for men to have a bit of a hard edge on their exterior because this is a hard world that we live in.
For example...in the world of business....if a man comes across as emotional or unstable in some way? Its puts people off and causes folks to doubt their ability to deal with stress and adversity. We can display our gentle nature without becoming emotional and in essence losing control of our ability to cope with things in this life...Lets just be honest...men in general don't see crying as a strength but as a weakness. Im sorry again to say this ..but this is still in large part a mans world.
 
  • Like
Reactions: tourist
I'll take any bread I can get - I'm out of bread and can't make any this weekend because I'm too busy. And banana bread with sour cream baked in sounds pretty good. Can you ship me a loaf? I'll send you a loaf of sourdough when I make some next week...

(Well it was worth a shot...)


Mitspa: Reacting to everyday life with tears? Who advocated that? I would avoid anyone, man or woman, if they teared up all the time. What everyone found irritating was that in your first few (well, more than a few) posts you seemed to be (A) saying a man should never cry and (B) putting down men who admit they cry sometimes. You may not have meant it that way but that's sure how it came across. And given the responses you got from multiple people, I'm not the only one who got that impression.

Perhaps it would be beneficial if you could start over and give a clear, definitive and complete statement concerning your opinion on the matter at hand, to wit: "Is it okay for men to cry?"

PM me your address and it could be arranged.......but I will take a loaf of white or wheat I don't do sour dough only sour cream in the Banana bread.....lol
 
Status
Not open for further replies.