Is It Possible (Or Even Ethical) To Try to "Toughen Up" a "Nice Guy"?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Is It Possible (Or Even Ethical) To Try to Toughen Up a Nice Guy?

• Nice guys should be left the way they are! That's what makes them nice!

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Even nice guys can use a little help.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A nice guy would appreciate a woman trying to make suggestions to him out of her concern for him.

• A nice guy would be totally offended by the idea of a woman trying to "toughen him up."

• Nice guys are afraid to "toughen up" because they don't want to be jerks.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • If a nice guy needs help, he'll ask--otherwise, leave him alone.

• Nice guys are a little in the dark about these things and need a helping hand when it comes to stand

• Nice guys want to be more assertive, but aren't sure how without sounding like jerks.

• I am a nice guy and wish a woman would give me some pointers.

• I am a nice guy and don't need your help, thanks!

• I am a woman who has passed up some great nice guys but would have said yes if they had been more co

• I am a woman who's met great nice guys... but wish they had more of a backbone.

• I am a woman who had a crush on a nice guy and would have said yes if he had asked me out.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I am a woman who would ask out a nice guy (what holds you back?)

• I have another opinion that I'll share in my post.

• Total voters
A

andrewzoka

Re: Is It Possible (Or Even Ethical) To Try to "Toughen Up" a "Nice Guy"?

These nice guys are are truly a blessing to us on earth and they deserve all the help they need in bringing out their full potential, they have compassion and have their selves destroyed, making them more open to the Lord's guidance as long as they are prepared to develop a character thats useful to His work.. having said that I'm reminded of the scripture where the Lord said

"how can you say to your brother, Brother, let me pull out the speck that is in your eye, when you yourself behold not the beam that is in your own eye? you hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of your own eye, and then shall you see clearly to pull out the speck that is in your brother's eye" Luke 6.42

I am guilty of trying to change people or influence them when I see flaws, when I myself need major help.. BUT: If it comes to a situation when a brother or sister needs encouragement, after prayer and being under the covering of the Lord, we should certainly minister to them in a way that encourages a more excellent character. In the examples you gave I would try encourage but that's just me..
I love to be corrected and ministered to, especially by biblical examples, I need it and long for it because I fall short in sooo many ways myself..

Y

yaright

Hello Everyone,

"HONK if you were left behind after the Great Rapture of May 21, 2011!
Oh well. If you're still here, at least you're among good company.

(chuckle) Seems nice guys have great rapture problems....

L

Liz01

hahahaha, yaright you made me laugh a lot