Is it possible to identify a true Christian from a false one

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

selfdissolving

We are not called to judge but we are called to test the Spirits to see whether they be of God. Everyone claims to be of God in a Church setting, but there are usually a few false ones among the true believers so we need to be vigilante.
i wanted to say that i totally understand what you're talking about. The church buildings are full of unsaved people. It's really quite sad :(

What i'm trying to show you is that we cannot judge a persons sin as a way to decide if they are saved or not. We have to follow the Scripture. There is a lot more to testing the Spirits then just going by what people say, that is correct. You must discern whether they confess Christ with their actions also. Confessing Christ is in both word and deed.

The last thing we should ever do is say "oh, that person did some horrible sin so their is no way they are saved" because that is un-biblical. We all struggle with sinful flesh and we all mess up, some worse then others.

Jesus forgave ALL sins on the cross. So the question becomes are they saved? and how do we know? The answer is do they confess Christ?

Slayer

Jul 23, 2018
I subscribe to Bible Study Tools articles via email. This article arrived today. It may help inform this discussion. :) Blessings.

How to Distinguish a True Christian from a Hypocrite
Thanks for this, I was worried when I read the first five points. It made me wonder if my conversion was genuine, especially when it came to 1 Cor 13:3 (or even give his body away to be burned), that verse me me think what more can a man do to prove that he is genuine.

I felt much better after reading the last five points, I identified with all five so I feel much better now (y)

Slayer

Jul 23, 2018
I've never read any Scripture about people who "commit some sin that no saved person would commit" as being a test of whether someone is in Christ.

I've read lots of Scriptures about how to tell if someone is saved or not.

You say that many false professors confess Christ, but the Scripture states otherwise.

According to the Scripture, false professors do not consistently profess the person and work of Christ. If they do, they are a Christian and not a false professor no matter what you judge their sins to be.

God is the righteous judge, not us.
It was my own understanding that a person who is led by the Holy Spirit wouldn't be capable of committing a sin like murder. Ok, i guess they can, since there's no scriptures saying otherwise.

I got this link for a person above, it was a good read. It listed the things which identify a hypocrite and a true believer.

https://www.biblestudytools.com/blo...nguish-a-true-christian-from-a-hypocrite.html

T

theanointedsinner

it depends, the less obvious, the harder it is to discern

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
By quoting Romans 8: shows that you actually agree with us. If He foreknew a person before they were born, it means He had a relationship with the person and He caused him to be born with the seed of faith in him.

If he predestined him to be conformed to the image of His Son means that He planted the ability to believe and obey the Gospel message when he hears it.

All of this supports the view that God chose who He was going to save before they were born, so yes if you believe that you agree with us "Calvinists" as you call us but we call ourselves Bible believing, followers of Christ also known as Christians.
No.. I do not agree with calvinism at all.. I believe that every person has free will to either accept the will of God or to reject the Will of God.. I reject the calvinist belief that God created one person to accept His will and therefore have eternal life with God with no other option and He created another person to reject his will and therefore be cast into the eternal lake of fire to be in torment forever and ever with no other option..

God did not create people with no other purpose then to be blocked from accepting salvation and to be burned forever in the eternal lake of fire.. which is what the calvinist doctrines actually teach.. Personally i consider such a doctrine to be a huge insult to God..

If one accepts the Calvinist doctrine then they must declare the next verse of scripture to be false::

2 Peter 3: KJV
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

If calvinism where true then the above verse would have to be declared false and removed from scripture.. But the truth is it is true and calvinism is false..

Slayer

Jul 23, 2018
No.. I do not agree with calvinism at all.. I believe that every person has free will to either accept the will of God or to reject the Will of God.. I reject the calvinist belief that God created one person to accept His will and therefore have eternal life with God with no other option and He created another person to reject his will and therefore be cast into the eternal lake of fire to be in torment forever and ever with no other option..

God did not create people with no other purpose then to be blocked from accepting salvation and to be burned forever in the eternal lake of fire.. which is what the calvinist doctrines actually teach.. Personally i consider such a doctrine to be a huge insult to God..

If one accepts the Calvinist doctrine then they must declare the next verse of scripture to be false::

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

If calvinism where true then the above verse would have to be declared false and removed from scripture.. But the truth is it is true and calvinism is false..
I disagree with everything you said.

God is not the author of sin, men freely chose to rebel against God and sin. They know that God promised to punish them with eternal torment in hell but they still defy Him ans sin in his face, so He has no other option.

"Not willing that any should perish" but who are the "Any", the scripture was spoken to believers so it's addressing the elect of God.

If Arminianism was true, the the verses below would need to be removed from scripture.

We believe the free choice movement is a huge insult to God, because it says that God is weak and impotent. He tried to save all men and FAILED big time, so He's a Big loser god.

Ephesians 1:3-14
just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him In love Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will.

2 Thessalonians 2:13-15
But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth. It was for this He called you through our gospel, that you may gain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught, whether by word of mouth or by letter from us.

2 Timothy 1:9
who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was granted us in Christ Jesus from all eternity,

Romans 9:15-24
For He says to Moses, "I WILL HAVE MERCY ON WHOM I HAVE MERCY, AND I WILL HAVE COMPASSION ON WHOM I HAVE COMPASSION." So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy. For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, "FOR THIS VERY PURPOSE I RAISED YOU UP, TO DEMONSTRATE MY POWER IN YOU, AND THAT MY NAME MIGHT BE PROCLAIMED THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE EARTH."

Exodus 33:19
And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion."

Isaiah 65:1
"I permitted Myself to be sought by those who did not ask for Me; I permitted Myself to be found by those who did not seek Me I said, 'Here am I, here am I,' To a nation which did not call on My name.

Jeremiah 18:1-12
The word which came to Jeremiah from the LORD saying, "Arise and go down to the potter's house, and there I will announce My words to you." Then I went down to the potter's house, and there he was, making something on the wheel.

John 15:16-17
"You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you. "This I command you, that you love one another.

John 17:6
"I have manifested Your name to the men whom You gave Me out of the world; they were Yours and You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word.

Romans 9:10-13
And not only this, but there was Rebekah also, when she had conceived twins by one man, our father Isaac; for though the twins were not yet born and had not done anything good or bad, so that God's purpose according to His choice would stand, not because of works but because of Him who calls, it was said to her, "THE OLDER WILL SERVE THE YOUNGER."

Ephesians 2:8-10
For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them. For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Nehemiah 9:7-8
"You are the LORD God, Who chose Abram And brought him out from Ur of the Chaldees, And gave him the name Abraham. "You found his heart faithful before You, And made a covenant with him To give him the land of the Canaanite, Of the Hittite and the Amorite, Of the Perizzite, the Jebusite and the Girgashite-- To give it to his descendants And You have fulfilled Your promise, For You are righteous.

Genesis 15:7-8
And He said to him, "I am the LORD who brought you out of Ur of the Chaldeans, to give you this land to possess it." He said, "O Lord GOD, how may I know that I will possess it?"

Genesis 18:19
"For I have chosen him, so that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the LORD by doing righteousness and justice, so that the LORD may bring upon Abraham what He has spoken about him."

Galatians 3:29
And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to promise.

James 2:5
Listen, my beloved brethren: did not God choose the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him?

Matthew 1:21
"She will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins."

James 1:18
In the exercise of His will He brought us forth by the word of truth, so that we would be a kind of first fruits among His creatures.

1 Peter 1:2
according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, by the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to obey Jesus Christ and be sprinkled with His blood: May grace and peace be yours in the fullest measure.

Romans 8:29-30
For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren; and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.

1 Thessalonians 1:2-4
knowing, brethren beloved by God, His choice of you; We give thanks to God always for all of you, making mention of you in our prayers; constantly bearing in mind your work of faith and labor of love and steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ in the presence of our God and Father,

1 Thessalonians 1:4-5
for our gospel did not come to you in word only, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit and with full conviction; just as you know what kind of men we proved to be among you for your sake.

John 6:37-40
"All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out. "For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. "This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day.

Romans 11:28-36
From the standpoint of the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but from the standpoint of God's choice they are beloved for the sake of the fathers; for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. For just as you once were disobedient to God, but now have been shown mercy because of their disobedience,

Romans 8:31-39
What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things? Who will bring a charge against God's elect? God is the one who justifies;

John 10:27-29
"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.

John 17:2
even as You gave Him authority over all flesh, that to all whom You have given Him, He may give eternal life.

Colossians 3:12-14
So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you. Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
And again i am in total disagreement with you Slayer and all calvinists.. If the LORD wanted to inspire Peter to give the calvinist supporting verse His Holy Spirit would have inspired Peter to write ""elect"" rather then ""Any"" it is you who desperatly want to change scripture to turn the world any into the elect only.. I take the world of God for what it says when it says any and all

I guess you will want to add to the scriptures here and insert ""the elect"" after it says all to make it that ""all the elect should come to repentance"".. But if calvinisim where true and that all was referring to the elect only then the world ""should"" would not be written it would also need to be changed to "''will"" come to repentance You calvinists have to do a lot of adding to scripture and taking away from scripture to make the Bible fit with your calvinist dogma ..

So then you post a long list of scripture trying to flood me with it to give me a huge workload to go through.. But i will deal with the first one which you assume is solid support for calvinisim you quoted..Ephesians 1:3-14

just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him In love Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will.

I don't know what version of the Bible you use slayer but let me quote it out of the KJV and lets see how much more my Bible contains::

Ephesians 1: KJV

3 "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: {4} According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: {5} Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, {6} To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. {7} In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; {8} Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; {9} Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: {10} That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: {11} In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: {12} That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. {13} In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, {14} Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory."

I will allow others to decide if i have quoted Ephesians 1 3-14 correctly or you have Slayer.. Talk about adding and removing from words from scripture wow you seem to have removed a huge amount from scripture there Slayer..

But even dealing with what you posted.. Of course God chose us from the foundation of the world.. I have even said that before in this very thread Yes God foreknow those who would accept His will and those who would reject His will from the foundation of the creation of the world.. So posting this Ephesians scripture does not show that God pre-programed those He had chosen from the foundation of the world like Zombies who would accept His will having no free willed ability to chose otherwise.. It's not in that scripture Slayer.. it's just not there.. You and the calvinists have added it in their inside your brains.. The scripture does not state what you believe.. You have come to an assumption and added the calvinist interpretation over that scripture.. But reading the scripture and just goin on what the scripture says does not lead to a firm conclusion that it is in definite support of the calvinist dogma..

Feb 28, 2016
of course, their 'fruits' will bear witness' if they are a True Christian
there's just no hiding or trying to escape from The Holy Spirit -

also, a true/real Christian's heart has been written upon by Jesus Christ, Himself -
like it says, 'I will write My Laws upon their hearts'...

murder and self-defense are two totally separate things, things that
The Holy Spirit will give you the power to discern between...

Slayer

Jul 23, 2018
And again i am in total disagreement with you Slayer and all calvinists.. If the LORD wanted to inspire Peter to give the calvinist supporting verse His Holy Spirit would have inspired Peter to write ""elect"" rather then ""Any"" it is you who desperatly want to change scripture to turn the world any into the elect only.. I take the world of God for what it says when it says any and all

I guess you will want to add to the scriptures here and insert ""the elect"" after it says all to make it that ""all the elect should come to repentance"".. But if calvinisim where true and that all was referring to the elect only then the world ""should"" would not be written it would also need to be changed to "''will"" come to repentance You calvinists have to do a lot of adding to scripture and taking away from scripture to make the Bible fit with your calvinist dogma ..

So then you post a long list of scripture trying to flood me with it to give me a huge workload to go through.. But i will deal with the first one which you assume is solid support for calvinisim you quoted..Ephesians 1:3-14

I don't know what version of the Bible you use slayer but let me quote it out of the KJV and lets see how much more my Bible contains::

Ephesians 1: KJV
3 "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: {4} According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: {5} Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, {6} To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. {7} In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; {8} Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; {9} Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: {10} That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: {11} In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: {12} That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. {13} In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, {14} Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory."

I will allow others to decide if i have quoted Ephesians 1 3-14 correctly or you have Slayer.. Talk about adding and removing from words from scripture wow you seem to have removed a huge amount from scripture there Slayer..

But even dealing with what you posted.. Of course God chose us from the foundation of the world.. I have even said that before in this very thread Yes God foreknow those who would accept His will and those who would reject His will from the foundation of the creation of the world.. So posting this Ephesians scripture does not show that God pre-programed those He had chosen from the foundation of the world like Zombies who would accept His will having no free willed ability to chose otherwise.. It's not in that scripture Slayer.. it's just not there.. You and the calvinists have added it in their inside your brains.. The scripture does not state what you believe.. You have come to an assumption and added the calvinist interpretation over that scripture.. But reading the scripture and just goin on what the scripture says does not lead to a firm conclusion that it is in definite support of the calvinist dogma..
I have no idea if you are deliberately ignoring the elephant in the room or you just somehow missed it.

On the one hand you say "Of' course God chose us from the foundation of the world, I have even said that before". Then you go on to say that God knew those who would accept His will and who would reject His will from the foundation of the world. You then go on to say that God didn't make us like pre programmed zombies to accept His will, having no free will to chose otherwise.

I noticed you completely ignored the elephant in the room which is Eph 1:11 because it says that we are predestined according to Gods purpose. I know you Arminians ignore the many verses which expose your beliefs as false, you only quote those few which you can take and adopt to suit your opinion.

There are many highly educated Bible scholars and theologians, who have been debating this issue for 500 years. There are those who have decided to twist the scriptures to force them to be conformed to their personal view and there are those who accept the scriptures as they are. I have just shown you an example of this in action above.

shrume

Jun 26, 2017
I have no idea if you are deliberately ignoring the elephant in the room or you just somehow missed it.

On the one hand you say "Of' course God chose us from the foundation of the world, I have even said that before". Then you go on to say that God knew those who would accept His will and who would reject His will from the foundation of the world. You then go on to say that God didn't make us like pre programmed zombies to accept His will, having no free will to chose otherwise.

I noticed you completely ignored the elephant in the room which is Eph 1:11 because it says that we are predestined according to Gods purpose. I know you Arminians ignore the many verses which expose your beliefs as false, you only quote those few which you can take and adopt to suit your opinion.
Calvinists interpret that verse as meaning individual Christians. Individual Christians are not predestined because God gave mankind free will. What God predestined was Christianity, not individual Christians.

There are many highly educated Bible scholars and theologians, who have been debating this issue for 500 years. There are those who have decided to twist the scriptures to force them to be conformed to their personal view and there are those who accept the scriptures as they are. I have just shown you an example of this in action above.
Do Calvinists accept these scripture as they are?

1 Tim 2:
4) Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

2 Pet 3:
9) The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

No, Calvinists do not. They twist them to be conformed to their personal view.

Slayer

Jul 23, 2018
Calvinists interpret that verse as meaning individual Christians. Individual Christians are not predestined because God gave mankind free will. What God predestined was Christianity, not individual Christians.

Do Calvinists accept these scripture as they are?

1 Tim 2:
4) Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

2 Pet 3:
9) The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

No, Calvinists do not. They twist them to be conformed to their personal view.
What about the book of life, it mentions "Individual Names" and not Christianity.

We believe the above two verses were spoken to believers, so we can say the "all men" reefers to "all of the elect". Likewise the "not willing that any should perish" was spoken to believers so the "any" refers to any of the elect.

shrume

Jun 26, 2017
What about the book of life, it mentions "Individual Names" and not Christianity.
People's names are entered into the book of life when they become saved.

If you'd like a little commentary on Rev 17:8:
Therefore, it’s reasonable to conclude that the names that were written into the Lamb’s Book of Life (which are said to be “written from the foundation of the world”) were written as people became Christians.
^^^ https://soteriology101.com/2017/10/18/names-written-before-the-foundation-of-the-world/

We believe the above two verses were spoken to believers, so we can say the "all men" reefers to all of the elect. Likewise the "not willing that any should perish" was spoken to believers so the "any" refers to any of the elect.
I know. You change the meaning from what it clearly states.

T

theanointedsinner

is it possible to even invent the "salvation likelihood calculator" to somehow calculate the likelihood whether someone is saved or not?

shrume

Jun 26, 2017
is it possible to even invent the "salvation likelihood calculator" to somehow calculate the likelihood whether someone is saved or not?
I think that if a person trusts in the Lord Jesus Christ for his salvation, has confessed Jesus Christ as Lord and believed in his heart that God raised him from the dead (Rom 10:9; 1 Cor 15:2-4; Acts 16:30-31; Eph 1:13), that person shall be saved.

T

theanointedsinner

I think that if a person trusts in the Lord Jesus Christ for his salvation, has confessed Jesus Christ as Lord and believed in his heart that God raised him from the dead (Rom 10:9; 1 Cor 15:2-4; Acts 16:30-31; Eph 1:13), that person shall be saved.
what you are saying is, "nothing complicated"

Slayer

Jul 23, 2018
People's names are entered into the book of life when they become saved.

If you'd like a little commentary on Rev 17:8:

^^^ https://soteriology101.com/2017/10/18/names-written-before-the-foundation-of-the-world/

I know. You change the meaning from what it clearly states.
From the foundation of the world doesn't mean, the world has not yet evolved in 2018 and it's still being created. I read that article and it's a very weak argument, it's just a play on words to extract a different meaning.

Either way, before the foundation or from the foundation. Both point back to the begging of the world, you can't drag that time into 2018, to do so is to change the meaning of what it clearly states.

Your man conveniently avoided the other 40 odd verses which speak about predestination and election. I can list them for you if you don't know about them.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016

And what do you suppose Gods purpose is ??? Tell me Slayer, because i assume you have come to a conclusion what Gods purpose is? You believe you know the mind of God and why He even started the whole process of creation right?? Show us your elephant please Slayer..

Gods purpose is to defeat the satanic challenge.. and to establish a perfect eternal existence for those of his creation who co-operated with God and willingly played their part in the defeat of the satanic revolt...

No you havn't.. You have just shown how you assume things to be a certain way and you then go about repeating to me what your assumptions currently are.. You did not even reveal what you believed Gods purpose is.. I offered my thoughts openly on what Gods purpose is in regard to our creation and creation in general.. Lets hear what you believe Gods purpose is?

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
I know in the Bible it says "by thier fruits you shall know them" but you can still have salvation and not be living for the Lord in different areas of your life..so..id say its not for us to judge since its the motives of our hearts that often directs our paths and Jesus is the only judge of hearts
I believe when Jesus say by their fruit you shall know them, He give us a tool to judge. Why He give us a tool to judge? Because He know there Will be a Lot of false prophet and we have to judge.

He know that It is necessary to judge so we do not get lost.

So It is the Will of God for us to judge, when It is about teaching or doctrine. Not judging for embarrassing other.

N

NoNameMcgee

Romans 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

I may not distinguish with absolute certainty that someone else is a Christian but every Christian must know that they are a Christian.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

yup....

Slayer

Jul 23, 2018
And what do you suppose Gods purpose is ??? Tell me Slayer, because i assume you have come to a conclusion what Gods purpose is? You believe you know the mind of God and why He even started the whole process of creation right?? Show us your elephant please Slayer..

Gods purpose is to defeat the satanic challenge.. and to establish a perfect eternal existence for those of his creation who co-operated with God and willingly played their part in the defeat of the satanic revolt...

No you havn't.. You have just shown how you assume things to be a certain way and you then go about repeating to me what your assumptions currently are.. You did not even reveal what you believed Gods purpose is.. I offered my thoughts openly on what Gods purpose is in regard to our creation and creation in general.. Lets hear what you believe Gods purpose is?
I don't believe that God ever revealed everything about His purpose to us in the scriptures. I don't think He wants to know all His plans.

We only know what He has revealed by His Word as we have it in the bible, He created everything including Satan. He knew Satan would sin and cause mankind to sin as well, so He planned to send His Son into the world to save a certain number of people whom He foreknew before He even created the world.

He has revealed that Satan and all the Demons and all those people who joined them in rebellion and deliberately sinned against God, will be cast into the lake of fire where they will never cause any more problems. All of those who Christ came to save will abide in paradise forever. These are just some of the main points, He has revealed much more but they aren't relevant to our discussion.