Is Our Very Heart a Liar?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

TheWriter

To listen to the heart is to listen to God. That is where He lives isnt it? Many have forgotten how to listen to God because they say the heart lies.

So if God is within your heart? How could it lie? Would we be calling Him a lier when we say our very heart where He lives is a liar?

Think about it, the heart wants what it wants correct? Therefore yout gut, and heart work together.

It is your mind that can be decieving from time to time. Why is this? Because, the enemy (yes satan is your very enemy) puts evil intentions in your mind because he can not ever touch your heart.

That is holy ground, so satan roams around and gets you where it hurts the most. Your emotions, and those are in what? Your mind.

Every addiction you ever had starts with the mind. The mind is satans playground mind you, we shall never forget that one solid truth at all.

So, to say that "your heart is a liar" is calling the very one who gave you that heart, a liar. For what proceeds out of the heart? Is what defiles you.

So if you have God in your heart and He defines you? Then how is that so bad?

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Well I think Christians say that because of this
Jeremiah 17:9
“The heart is deceitful above all things,
And desperately wicked;
Who can know it?

T

TheWriter

And desperately wicked;
Who can know it?
It can be yes, but that is because the mind messes with the heart.

It is up to us to allow it or not

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
The Bible also says out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.....

A lot of times when someone speaks something out of bitterness..... it's because their heart is bitter.
There's a difference in your beating physical heart and your conscious heart.

T

TheWriter

The Bible also says out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.....

A lot of times when someone speaks something out of bitterness..... it's because their heart is bitter.
There's a difference in your beating physical heart and your conscious heart.
Very true!

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
And desperately wicked;
Who can know it?
I don't ascribe to the old testament verse, but the new testament verse. 1 John 3:20"For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things."

T

TheWriter

All facts here are solid and true.

To love someone is yes to love their heart for that is where God lives.

To know their heart to know God then you see beyond everything they hold negative about themselves and turn them into positives.

T

TheWriter

We all got to learn to read outside of that box that society puts us in.

Therefore yes i know the things people say about the heart and even The Bible.

Its all true.

But my meaning is clear to me that to love a heart is to love the very one who made it in the first place.

You see i tend to write then i even confuse myself at times but in the end God shows me the true meaning behind what I just wrote.

So yeah lol good discussion family, very good!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Alas, cinder and Didymous both beat me to it.

This is what i get for taking naps on my days off.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
To listen to the heart is to listen to God. That is where He lives isnt it? Many have forgotten how to listen to God because they say the heart lies.

So if God is within your heart? How could it lie? Would we be calling Him a lier when we say our very heart where He lives is a liar?

Think about it, the heart wants what it wants correct? Therefore yout gut, and heart work together.

It is your mind that can be decieving from time to time. Why is this? Because, the enemy (yes satan is your very enemy) puts evil intentions in your mind because he can not ever touch your heart.

That is holy ground, so satan roams around and gets you where it hurts the most. Your emotions, and those are in what? Your mind.

Every addiction you ever had starts with the mind. The mind is satans playground mind you, we shall never forget that one solid truth at all.

So, to say that "your heart is a liar" is calling the very one who gave you that heart, a liar. For what proceeds out of the heart? Is what defiles you.

So if you have God in your heart and He defines you? Then how is that so bad?
Alas, cinder and Didymous both beat me to it.

This is what i get for taking naps on my days off.

Naps are the best part of my workout routines.

M

Miri

The heart, the gut, the mind etc are all just different words
to describe a person’s thinking.

No one actually has brain cells in their stomach and heart that I’m
aware of, but correct me if I got that wrong!

Having said that the presence of the Holy Spirit is felt in the stomach.

Aug 2, 2009
And desperately wicked;
Who can know it?
Aww you beat me to it. :p (I was gonna post that scripture)

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
To listen to the heart is to listen to God. That is where He lives isnt it?
No, that isn't where He lives. He lives in the believer, but not specifically in the believer's heart.

It can be yes, but that is because the mind messes with the heart.
It is up to us to allow it or not
You're re-interpreting Scripture according to your aftermarket beliefs. That's a bad idea. Instead, let Scripture form your beliefs, and let all other ideas be measured against what Scripture tells you.

Aug 2, 2009
The heart, the gut, the mind etc are all just different words
to describe a person’s thinking.

No one actually has brain cells in their stomach and heart that I’m
aware of, but correct me if I got that wrong!

Having said that the presence of the Holy Spirit is felt in the stomach.
That's why I feed my Holy Spirit constantly. :)

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
The first thing that came to mind when I read the OP was Genesis 6:5, when God was observing right before He decided to send The Flood, destroy all of creation, and start over:

"And the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was continually evil."

I've read varying estimates as to how many people were on the earth at that time, but no matter how many it was, God saw it fit to save only 8 people - Noah, his three sons, and their wives.

Now I know some people will argue that this was the old Testament, but I have often wondered - if God did the same thing again today, and destroyed the earth, how many people's hearts would have something worth saving... and... would I be among them?

Most days, I don't know, because I know my heart needs a lot of work.

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
I've often thought that much like the trinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, we are built in similar structure of the body, the mind, and the soul. So, we're told in scripture the body is purely carnal and we're told we were made in the image of God which could equate to the soul. The mind, however, could be the dichotomy of these other two powerful forces. The reckoning place for the better choice would be decided there much like Christ's battles with temptations and decision process.

To help you, SeoulSearch, the evil of the earth in Noah's time was mostly fallen angel related. But too, I think the actions of today's body and mind can enhance or corrupt a soul. The soul is perfect in conception, but can corrode. I believe the soul is the "heart" God judges and not the body and not the mind. Some souls - maybe like yours - exude the charity of our Loving Father.

T

TheWriter

Very good discussions 🤠. Yeah i may have some things mismatched but hey it happens no worries.

Thr heart can be decietful, as can the brain and gut.

However, to allow God to direct out very path is what is most important.

In ways i am wrong with alot but hey lol i am human and we make mistakes its all good.

Thank you all for the eye opener.

T

TheWriter

However? There is one pure heart that is not ever decietful that is God's and He wants us to love as He loves.

So in ways my statements are true. As others are not.