Is Our Very Heart a Liar?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

TheWriter

No, that isn't where He lives. He lives in the believer, but not specifically in the believer's heart.

You're re-interpreting Scripture according to your aftermarket beliefs. That's a bad idea. Instead, let Scripture form your beliefs, and let all other ideas be measured against what Scripture tells you.
I get it however mistakes do happen. And i underatand that fully. No biggy i already asked God to fogive me if i am wrong and He has shown me that i am in ways it is cool.

I do have some growing to do, abd i apologIze for my wrongness.

I sont mind to be corrected friend 😁.

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
Interesting that this thread talks about following your head or heart when what I really want is God to make the decision clear.
So let's say you pray that the Lord guides you in the way He would have you go in matters of the heart...but He remains silent after He blesses you with two of His best...ultimately leaving you to make this very hard decision...do you
1) go with love, deep devotion, and an unquestionable stability? Something you feel in your heart and your head.
2) go with love, crazy laughter, and the unknown possibilities that keep you on your toes ? Something you certainly feel in your heart but your head says is risky...
3) or you just keep waiting on the Lord to make the choice for you even though He may not?

T

TheWriter

Interesting that this thread talks about following your head or heart when what I really want is God to make the decision clear.
So let's say you pray that the Lord guides you in the way He would have you go in matters of the heart...but He remains silent after He blesses you with two of His best...ultimately leaving you to make this very hard decision...do you
1) go with love, deep devotion, and an unquestionable stability? Something you feel in your heart and your head.
2) go with love, crazy laughter, and the unknown possibilities that keep you on your toes ? Something you certainly feel in your heart but your head says is risky...
3) or you just keep waiting on the Lord to make the choice for you even though He may not?
Sometimes for God to make a decision clear is to clear your mind and allow Him to speak.

However He always says one of three answers: Yes, No, and Wait.

If you do not get an answer right away we are to wait on The Lord for His direction.

We are to never rush Him, but come to Him humbly and wait for His guidence.

T

TheWriter

To fully, trully love someone we are to accept them just the way they are. WHo cares about the kind of money they have or what car they drive.

That is idolatry. Why should we even focus of the materialistics of life when what matters is how that person makes you feel?

Yes we should all examine ourselves, i say we all that includeds myself as well.

I guess this is my point all along since rhe begining of my registration here im CC it just took a little time to see it.

To love someone is to love them for who and what they are in Christ, it is never that high expectation that can never be filled.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Encouraging thought 1: God can bless you and make something good out of it no matter which choice you make.

Practical thought (totally stolen from another): Make the choice that is least likely to make the you 10 or 15 years from now least angry with you now. ( ie the choice that you imagine you'll have the fewest regrets about when you think about how you'll feel long term) Probably don't need to say that for me that's almost always going to give precedence to my head not my emotions.

T

TheWriter

To fully, trully love someone we are to accept them just the way they are. WHo cares about the kind of money they have or what car they drive.

That is idolatry. Why should we even focus of the materialistics of life when what matters is how that person makes you feel?

Yes we should all examine ourselves, i say we all that includeds myself as well.

I guess this is my point all along since rhe begining of my registration here im CC it just took a little time to see it.

To love someone is to love them for who and what they are in Christ, it is never that high expectation that can never be filled.
If you two have that connection, then what else matters anyway? Who cares what the world says, only care what The Lord says.

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016

I agree...and the stability I speak of isn't monetary or earthly possessions. I am a very simple person and my riches are far more than what can be found in this life. What I am referring to are other types of stability in daily life, ie. routines, commitment to family, those kinds of constants. I appreciate routine but I also appreciate the unknown that causes me to renew my trust and faith on a daily basis. Although it is often a hard road to ride the hills and valleys mentally each and every day, spiritually it is a breathtaking reminder and you don't ever find your light in Him ever being diminished because everything is constantly different.
No finding complacency in ones walk...so to say.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014

If you two have that connection, then what else matters anyway? Who cares what the world says, only care what The Lord says.
Who ever said that all that matters in relationships is how another person makes you feel? That's certainly not the Biblical standard and not the counsel of God. More than romance or feelings based decisions the Bible talks about asking for wisdom and makes it sound in places ( like James 1) that God is always willing to grant it. And when considering trying to blend two backgrounds, lives, sets of habits and goals, and value systems together, you're going to need a whole lot more than just a warm fuzzy feeling to navigate all that and keep liking the other person long term. And godly love (not just in romance but in all relational areas) says " I love and accept you where you're at, but I love you too much to be ok with leaving you there" It's just not loving to accept the oppression of sin on someone's life as the way they are and always will be; the gospel teaches just the opposite, it teaches the Christ makes us new creations ( 2 Cor 5:17).

But you may yet inspire me to write a thread of my own about have we become a culture (or maybe church) that worships our feelings and what are the implications of that. I just have to find time to think through it coherently and get it down on paper.

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
And godly love (not just in romance but in all relational areas) says " I love and accept you where you're at, but I love you too much to be ok with leaving you there"

Sister Cinder,
I believe this is a small part of an even bigger purpose He has for me concerning an individual I feel this way about. He has shown me the big picture. I have felt this so strongly from the Holy Spirit. I have asked if this is that test of my ability to trust in Him to direct my path. I have stepped out of His will many times and He has used the consequences to teach me to listen more intently.
I'm listening very carefully right now.

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
And godly love (not just in romance but in all relational areas) says " I love and accept you where you're at, but I love you too much to be ok with leaving you there"

Sister Cinder,
I believe this is a small part of an even bigger purpose He has for me concerning an individual I feel this way about. He has shown me the big picture. I have felt this so strongly from the Holy Spirit. I have asked if this is that test of my ability to trust in Him to direct my path. I have stepped out of His will many times and He has used the consequences to teach me to listen more intently.
I'm listening very carefully right now.
Who ever said that all that matters in relationships is how another person makes you feel? That's certainly not the Biblical standard and not the counsel of God. More than romance or feelings based decisions the Bible talks about asking for wisdom and makes it sound in places ( like James 1) that God is always willing to grant it. And when considering trying to blend two backgrounds, lives, sets of habits and goals, and value systems together, you're going to need a whole lot more than just a warm fuzzy feeling to navigate all that and keep liking the other person long term. And godly love (not just in romance but in all relational areas) says " I love and accept you where you're at, but I love you too much to be ok with leaving you there" It's just not loving to accept the oppression of sin on someone's life as the way they are and always will be; the gospel teaches just the opposite, it teaches the Christ makes us new creations ( 2 Cor 5:17).

But you may yet inspire me to write a thread of my own about have we become a culture (or maybe church) that worships our feelings and what are the implications of that. I just have to find time to think through it coherently and get it down on paper.
Its really about His will in my case.

T

TheWriter

Lol little at a time mam

Alot of times it does have a lot to do with how a person makes u feel.

Look to God for instance he felt so much love and He has so much connection to us that He Himself came in bodily form and sacraficed His very own life to safe Us all.

T

TheWriter

I said that to say this, when you kbow you just know. There is a Lot of feeling towards that.

T

TheWriter

And how you feel? You hafta ask yourself this very question.

Is it inline with God and His will?
Is it love? Or is it lust?
Are they in love with God and you? Or is it just you.

T

TheWriter

And how you feel? You hafta ask yourself this very question.

Is it inline with God and His will?
Is it love? Or is it lust?
Are they in love with God and you? Or is it just you.
Thats why NOTHING else matters except for them to be inlove with God and you. To love you not to lust over you,.

Then you will know by the emotion that it was meant to be.

T

TheWriter

T

TheWriter

Time to break the discussion with a song 🤠

T

TheWriter

My scripture references are based on fact.

Men have a lot to focus on to ensure that his house is a house for God.

And a woman and child are to follow suit by the Godly principles the man sets forth.

If a man does not input Godly morols in his own home, how can that very house serve the Lord?

Everyone sees a man for who he is in the Lord if he leads a disgunctional life style his house will crumble.

So as men we are to set morols and be that image of God that everyone is to see.

Loving compassionate and never ever cruel

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Everyone sees a man for who he is in the Lord if he leads a disgunctional life style his house will crumble.
Would a disgunctional life style mean that his life is gastronomically challenged?

Sorry.

I'm just in a joking kind of mood.

T

TheWriter

Would a disgunctional life style mean that his life is gastronomically challenged?

Sorry.

I'm just in a joking kind of mood.
YEp typos everywhere blah. Lol

T

TheWriter

The first thing that came to mind when I read the OP was Genesis 6:5, when God was observing right before He decided to send The Flood, destroy all of creation, and start over:

"And the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was continually evil."

I've read varying estimates as to how many people were on the earth at that time, but no matter how many it was, God saw it fit to save only 8 people - Noah, his three sons, and their wives.

Now I know some people will argue that this was the old Testament, but I have often wondered - if God did the same thing again today, and destroyed the earth, how many people's hearts would have something worth saving... and... would I be among them?

Most days, I don't know, because I know my heart needs a lot of work.
I reread your responce, many argue about the old and new testament. But did He also say this?

God is the same yesterday, today, and forever.