Is Our Very Heart a Liar?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I reread your responce, many argue about the old and new testament. But did He also say this?

God is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
Yes, exactly, God is the same.

I just brought up the point about the Old Testament because the passage of reference I cited was from the old testament, not the new, and for whatever reason, that seems to make a difference to some people.

I have to be honest--I know you always tell us that you're a minister and a teacher, and that you write whatever the Holy Spirit tells you, and that your writing isn't actually from you, but from the Holy Spirit...

And so I was actually very surprised by your original post.

The fact that the human heart can't be trusted and is not reliable at all is a basic Biblical principle that I would think any Bible teacher would know (but I could be wrong.) This is also why God tells us to trust in Him rather than our own reasoning and thoughts.

I was surprised that your original post tried to state otherwise, because that definitely would not have been from the Holy Spirit.

T

TheWriter

Yes, exactly, God is the same.

I just brought up the point about the Old Testament because the passage of reference I cited was from the old testament, not the new, and for whatever reason, that seems to make a difference to some people.

I have to be honest--I know you always tell us that you're a minister and a teacher, and that you write whatever the Holy Spirit tells you, and that your writing isn't actually from you, but from the Holy Spirit...

And so I was actually very surprised by your original post.

The fact that the human heart can't be trusted and is not reliable at all is a basic Biblical principle that I would think any Bible teacher would know (but I could be wrong.) This is also why God tells us to trust in Him rather than our own reasoning and thoughts.

I was surprised that your original post tried to state otherwise, because that definitely would not have been from the Holy Spirit.
That one is not the spirit no and sometimes the human side gets in the way.

All the other stuff i jave written over the years alot of it is from the spirit.

I fo know that in reference i used to go back and check with scripture for accuracy because to have discernment is to discern from the truth and the lies satan brings forth.

I do apologize for the origional post i do know it is not from God in that regard.

I need to again cross reference my writtings.

Thats my fault.

T

TheWriter

All the other stuff i jave written over the years alot of it is from the spirit.

I fo know that in reference i used to go back and check with scripture for accuracy because to have discernment is to discern from the truth and the lies satan brings forth.

I do apologize for the origional post i do know it is not from God in that regard.

Thats my fault.
If i can have it removed? I would.

T

TheWriter

This is my truth that i posed in the other thread.

I had a very, very horrible dream lastnight. I hate nightmares, i very rarley have them.

The mind is the devils playground that is where he attacks me the most.

To have a nightmare in my feeling is the events in life.

When i have a bad dream it is usually the evil that i allow in my own life and it has? Effected my writing.

I must be more careful, and be more open to what The Lord is saying and is trying to say.

Blah idk sometimes i lose focus it happens tho im sure to many of us.

I feel at times to be grown up but deep down im still a child learning.

So again everyone for my origional post, please ignore it i really wish cc would remove it.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009

Thats my fault.
I'm sorry if I sound completely ignorant here, but since you've told us in your other posts that your writing is never for or from yourself, but that it's all directed by the Holy Spirit--and then, apparently, the original post in THIS thread is NOT from the Holy Spirit...

How will your readers know the difference?

Will you be putting up disclaimers of when it's you speaking, or when it's the Holy Spirit, so that your readers will know the difference?

This might be very important for someone who is new to studying the Bible.

Or is that a level of discernment (knowing when it's you and when it's actually God speaking) you're assuming your readers will already have developed before reading your posts?

T

TheWriter

I'm sorry if I sound completely ignorant here, but since you've told us in your other posts that your writing is never for or from yourself, but that it's all directed by the Holy Spirit--and then, apparently, the original post in THIS thread is NOT from the Holy Spirit...

How will your readers know the difference?

Will you be putting up disclaimers of when it's you speaking, or when it's the Holy Spirit, so that your readers will know the difference?

This might be very important for someone who is new to studying the Bible.

Or is that a level of discernment (knowing when it's you and when it's actually God speaking) you're assuming your readers will already have developed before reading your posts?
Good questions, i never actually assumed that people have discernment tho God has said to ask for discernment but not everyone shall ask for it. Many will yes, but orhers wont it really depends on the person i guess.

I never thaught of disclaimers lol good idea ill keep that in mind sister.

I just love writting its what i am abiut and to bring God the glory is important.

My writtings as i told my friend at work shall mever be sold but to be given freely.

To me in my heart their meant to help people who go thru the sane things towards the topic at hand.

Many of my topics are from the Spirit as some are from my own expiriences.

T

TheWriter

And at times i feel to myself as to where once a student is always a student lol

Always room to learn and grow.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

Thats my fault.
Maybe it's just better NOT to claim that what you write is from the Holy Spirit. Such claims sound arrogant and self-righteous. They add nothing to your message, and people are going to hold you to a much higher standard... as will God Himself. I suggest that you read Jeremiah 14 carefully.

If you feel motivated to write, then write. Don't burden yourself or others with claims of divine origin. If the Holy Spirit speaks to someone through the words you have written, that's great, but you can't take credit for it.

T

TheWriter

Maybe it's just better NOT to claim that what you write is from the Holy Spirit. Such claims sound arrogant and self-righteous. They add nothing to your message, and people are going to hold you to a much higher standard... as will God Himself. I suggest that you read Jeremiah 14 carefully.

If you feel motivated to write, then write. Don't burden yourself or others with claims of divine origin. If the Holy Spirit speaks to someone through the words you have written, that's great, but you can't take credit for it.
ABsolutly lol no problem. That makes sense at times its just blah in my own mind.

But to be clear, i will state that the message is from my own heart and i feel that i should share it to help others.

I have always wanted to help othet people. And u are right i was wrong.

Thank you brother *bows in respect*

This grasshopper is still learning.

At times i do dream up things to write and it helps many.

The story i wrote a few days ago about the airport that came to me as i woke up.

I need to nurture my gift the way God intends and not abuse His truth.

I ask for His forgiveness.

I want to bring Him glory, not take credit and i see your points brother.

I rather be corrected and i have lol like i said im learning.

It was selfish and i just prayed for forgiveness.

Again i ask u all for forgiveness. Thank you all for stearing me right.

T

TheWriter

Psalm 51:10 ESV / 266 helpful votes
Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.

Zan

Mar 15, 2019
Sure. My heart lies to me all the time, I only manage now because my head is above it.

T

TheWriter

Specifically how does he do this @TheWriter ?
By the lust of the world, by lieing to everyone saying they are not worthy of anything.

HE is against everythong that is for God.

He decieves everyone by saying their never good enough but God says that we belong with God as satan says we never belong.

That is my own thaughts on it

The Word says that satan seeks whome he may devour.

In my thaughts its the same as destorying someone emotionally, and mentally.

T

TheWriter

By the lust of the world, by lieing to everyone saying they are not worthy of anything.

HE is against everythong that is for God.

He decieves everyone by saying their never good enough but God says that we belong with God as satan says we never belong.

That is my own thaughts on it

The Word says that satan seeks whome he may devour.

In my thaughts its the same as destorying someone emotionally, and mentally.
He twists God's word to fit his cruel intentions of destruction.

He can tear people apart before anything ever happens.

To me? satan is so down on himself that he did not succeed in obtaining the higher level than God Himself. Satan never will. He is defeated!

Therefore in my own ways pf thinking, he is so lonley even tho he has alot of souls that he lead to destruction that he wants everyoke to be lonley.

I dont understand, why would anyone want to cpme aginat the very one who created them in the first place?

Evil hearts = evil intentions