Is Salvation by Jesus alone the only way to heaven?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Is Salvation by Jesus alone the only way to heaven?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
I am a Bible thumper and believe only Salvation thru Messiah/ Jesus (alone) is the way to heaven. Yet my Aunt (who claims to be saved) believes even people who "believe in god, even if the wrong god, like Muslims,(for example or put any religion in or lack of) will still go to heaven because of their faith.

Is my Aunt right? Am I right? Is there a middle ground or is my Aunt A. just not really saved?

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
I am a Bible thumper and believe only Salvation thru Messiah/ Jesus (alone) is the way to heaven. Yet my Aunt (who claims to be saved) believes even people who "believe in god, even if the wrong god, like Muslims,(for example or put any religion in or lack of) will still go to heaven because of their faith. Is my Aunt right? Am I right? Is there a middle ground or is my Aunt A. just not really saved?
Hi Jacob, your Aunt could be correct, or the Bible is correct .. John 14:6, but both cannot be.

~Deut
p.s. - I do not think that your Aunt's salvation is dependent upon what she believes in regard to this, just FYI, but she may be a stumbling block to others who need to hear the truth.

Acts 4
12 There is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
Hi Jacob, your Aunt could be correct, or the Bible is correct .. John 14:6, but both cannot be.

~Deut

Acts 4
12 There is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.
For the twist can she be really be saved their are other ways to heaven?

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
For the twist can she be really be saved their are other ways to heaven?
I think I may have answered that when I edited my last post. See the p.s. addition to that post, just below my user name.

If that doesn't answer your question, please let me know and I'll try again :)

~Deut

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
~Deut
p.s. - I do not think that your Aunt's salvation is dependent upon what she believes in regard to this, just FYI, but she may be a stumbling block to others who need to hear the truth.
Thank you.. I went back and reread...
How can a person really saved if they believe an other god will send them to heaven too?

Yes, I believe quite a stumbling block... But can "you" have it both ways?

Jul 20, 2019
I cannot believe I am even seeing this in a christian chat room.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
I am a Bible thumper and believe only Salvation thru Messiah/ Jesus (alone) is the way to heaven. Yet my Aunt (who claims to be saved) believes even people who "believe in god, even if the wrong god, like Muslims,(for example or put any religion in or lack of) will still go to heaven because of their faith. Is my Aunt right? Am I right? Is there a middle ground or is my Aunt A. just not really saved?
I do not think that your Aunt's salvation is dependent upon what she believes in regard to this, just FYI, but she may be a stumbling block to others who need to hear the truth.

Acts 4
Hi again Jacob, setting my theoretical statement (in bold above) aside for a minute, if your Aunt claims to be a Christian, but she believes that others can be saved by believing in "their" god instead of Jesus, chances are very good that she is not saved, because if she truly understood the way of salvation through Christ alone (and 'why' He is the only way), then she would not say that there are other ways to "go to heaven".

So, you might want to ask her some questions about the Christian faith and about salvation to see where she's at, to see if she is truly saved or not. True Christians can become confused (or deceived) sometimes, but chances are very good that she does not know Jesus.

~Deut
p.s. - she's not Roman Catholic, is she?

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
I cannot believe I am even seeing this in a christian chat room.
Seeing what a real conversation. What is the problem it is really how "Christians" view the Scripture... I think this is your point!?! Yes, sad but true....

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
If someone has never had the chance to learn about Jesus, God will judge them by the law written in their heart, this is in the Bible. Jesus is also bigger than just His earthly ministry. He was also in the burning bush and much more. From everybody is fairly required according to what they had available in their lifetime. God is just and not unreasonable. Everyone will justify and condemn themselves with their own mouth. But whoever had opportunities to follow Jesus and was preached the Gospel of salvation, yet didn't follow, will have to give account why didn't they follow warnings and lived a worldly life, and I wouldn't like to be in their skin when the time comes for explaining.

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
Hi again Jacob, setting my theoretical statement aside for a minute, if your Aunt claims to be a Christian, but she believes that others can be saved by believing in "their" god instead of Jesus, chances are very good that she is not saved, because if she truly understood the way of salvation through Christ alone (and 'why' He is the only way), then she would not say that there are other ways to "go to heaven".

So, you might want to ask her some questions about the Christian faith and about salvation to see where she's at, to see if she is truly saved or not. True Christians can become confused (or deceived) sometimes, but chances are very good that she does not know Jesus.

~Deut
You should be a politician...lol...
Really this is what I tell my Grandma, if someone says they are saved I have to believe them because I can not judge that.... I get to judge their fruit to see if they are a christian I want to hang out with, or "Jeff to the left" .... good character is corrupted by bad company...

But do you really think christians can be deceived like that or never really saved to begin with? Can someone reject Christ as only Lord and Savior if Saved?

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
Christians can be deceived.. still have a sin nature even though saved. But the Holy Spirit will encourage and rebuke them to change.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
And it sshall be in that time that whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord will be saved.

Understanding what Jesus, Yeshua, means in English, it is quite possible anyone who turns to heaven and crys "Whoeever you Are, Save," and that peron well may be saved, for he has called upon Yeshua.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
You should be a politician...lol...
Really this is what I tell my Grandma, if someone says they are saved I have to believe them because I can not judge that.... I get to judge their fruit to see if they are a christian I want to hang out with, or "Jeff to the left" .... good character is corrupted by bad company...

But do you really think christians can be deceived like that or never really saved to begin with? Can someone reject Christ as only Lord and Savior if Saved?
How do you know that I'm not? (a politician, that is ;)).

And you're right, we can't see the heart like God can (not even our own hearts), so it is the things that accompany salvation, the choices we end up making/how we live our lives, what we do, say and even think, that tell us whether we are truly saved, or just claiming to be.

I do not believe that someone can reject Christ and be saved, but I do believe that there are many who, for instance, have come to saving faith in Christ, who have trusted Him and in the works He did to save them, who have surrendered the reins of their lives to Him and trusted their eternity to Him as well, but who do not fully understand the faith yet, because they remain babes in Christ and know little beyond the Gospel message itself.

There are several other examples as well, but practically speaking, if anyone said what your Aunt did, I would consider them an unbeliever until I was fully convinced otherwise.

~Duet

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
If someone has never had the chance to learn about Jesus, God will judge them by the law written in their heart, this is in the Bible. Jesus is also bigger than just His earthly ministry. He was also in the burning bush and much more. From everybody is fairly required according to what they had available in their lifetime. God is just and not unreasonable. Everyone will justify and condemn themselves with their own mouth. But whoever had opportunities to follow Jesus and was preached the Gospel of salvation, yet didn't follow, will have to give account why didn't they follow warnings and lived a worldly life, and I wouldn't like to be in their skin when the time comes for explaining.
Hi SoulWeaver, I agree that God will not judge and condemn anyone on the basis of what and/or Who they do not know and/or do not understand, but the sin problem remains for them nevertheless.

No one, who knows the difference between right and wrong (we know this because of the law that God wrote on our hearts as you mentioned above), and has done "wrong/evil" ... even once ... can be saved apart from faith in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, because there is no other way for their sins to be atoned for. Even our own deaths cannot pay that price in full to the Father, only Jesus' death can.

As the Apostle said of Greeks/Gentiles who had neither the Law of Moses, nor salvation in Christ:

Romans 2
12 All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law.
13 For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. 14 Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law,
15 since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.
16 This will take place on the day when God will judge men’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

~Deut

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
I am a Bible thumper and believe only Salvation thru Messiah/ Jesus (alone) is the way to heaven. Yet my Aunt (who claims to be saved) believes even people who "believe in god, even if the wrong god, like Muslims,(for example or put any religion in or lack of) will still go to heaven because of their faith.

Is my Aunt right? Am I right? Is there a middle ground or is my Aunt A. just not really saved?
Your right Jesus is the only way because not only did he say he was the only way but his divinity has been evidently proven and no other has completed 100s of prophecies and was killed only to rise on the 3rd day proving his words to be true.

Without me knowing all of your aunt's beliefs. It would be very foolish of me to even decide if she was actually saved.

With the knowledge you gave, I believe she is definitely lacking the knowledge of this one verse.

The Bible teaches that there is no other way to salvation than through Jesus Christ. Jesus Himself says in John 14:6 “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

Plus all religions contradict each other. So either all are wrong but definitely not all can be right.

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013

Simply stated, “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” (John 14:6)
So your aunt is solely mistaken, salvation comes only through Christ, there is no other. 'Faith' that redemption can also come from other gods is heresy and tantamount to anti-Christian.

Apr 15, 2017

Jesus is the only way to salvation, but people can be saved if they have not heard the word of God, but they cannot dwell with Jesus until the millennial reign of Christ is over, but at the great white throne judgment if they did proper before the Lord as an example is Job, Noah, Lot, and Enoch, where the Old Testament was not in affect yet, they will be saved.

For people were right before God before the Old Testament came out, and before the Jews knew the name Jehovah, and before they knew of the Savior to come Jesus Christ.

The Bible says creation testifies of a higher power, God, and of His attributes, which He is powerful, intelligent, and love, for He provided food, and the means to make clothing, and shelter, and since this God created all things we should give heed to Him to follow Him, and He loves people so we should love people, so the world is without excuse.

Creation alone is a witness to a higher power, and testifies of a higher power, and covers the 2 greatest laws throughout the history of mankind, love God, and love people, which is how a Christian is saved by obeying the 2 greatest laws and love is the fulfilling of the law.

And God said our conscience bears witness of what is right and wrong for the Gentiles even had laws against wrong doing people that knew not the word of God as it is today with the laws nations have concerning no wrong doing people.

No stealing from them, no hurting them, no slandering them, and the such.

Also concerning creation testifies of a God it means not to attribute nature to God as many of the heathen do in such religions as Buddhism, and Hindu religion, which the Bible says some attribute nature to God and worship the creation more than the Creator.

People that have not heard the word of God will be judged on creation if they believe in a higher power, God, that loves all people, and their conscience to do right, and love people not offending them, and if they ask God to forgive them if anything is amiss since they have not heard from Him, or received words from Him.

These people cannot dwell with Jesus for they did not accept Him for they did not know about Him, and did not know of the Old Testament that tells of His coming in the future, but if they believed in a God and loved people to the satisfaction of God they can dwell with God and Jesus after the millennial reign of Christ and join the saints that accepted the truth.

For God is a fair God and will not condemn people that have not had a chance to hear the word of God.

Concerning Muslims there is no salvation if they reject Jesus having sufficient evidence and information about Him, and they believe in violence, and deceit to further their agenda of Islam, even war and going physically against their enemies, which does not qualify as loving people according to the Bible so there is no salvation there, and goes against the testimony of creation.

And many religions attribute nature to God instead of only worshipping a personal God apart from creation for He created all things so He would be apart from creation so there cannot be salvation there for God said professing themselves to be wise they became fools and changed the glory of God into things of nature.

An example of this is the new age movement today that God warns us about in 1 Timothy 4:1-5, 2 Timothy 4:2-4, which shall occur at the latter times that does not acknowledge a personal God, but honors the God of forces, or the power of nature as their higher power, the evolutionary process, for they believe people are still evolving to be greater and spiritual, which Native Americans were big in attributing nature to God.

The new age movement will pave the way for all people who do not love God to follow the New Age Christ, man of sin, and when they follow him God will end this sin business on earth.

Jesus said the Gospel must be preached in to all the world as a testimony to all nations and then the end shall come, so in today's world nobody can escape it for all the major religions know of the Bible, and Jesus, and many religions believe the Bible has truth although they interpret it according to their religion, as the new age movement interprets the Bible according to the occult, and evolution, and Jesus is not Lord and Savior, but a good teacher and love, and evolved to be an ascended master and avatar.

And when Islam first started they knew of the Bible and Jesus, but went their own way with what they believed, so Muslims cannot have salvation if they reject Jesus.

People cannot have salvation by believing in a God alone if they know of the word of God, and what is preached about it, for they reject Jesus, attributed nature to God, and do not show love like they should.

And the world knows of the Bible and Jesus which there might be a scant few that do not compared to the population of the world but they will know shortly.

Also if they know of the Bible and that it preaches perfect love towards people, and they do not have that love for they are greedy and selfish, and may offend people, then they cannot be saved for creation alone testifies of love towards people and caring for them, and love is the fulfilling of the law.

There is no excuse today for the word of God is known among all nations, even Africa and the tribes there, and in the past if they have not heard the word of God they will be judged by their belief in a higher power that is not attributed to nature as the occult, and loving God, and people, for love is the fulfilling of the law.

And Islam does not show love towards people like they should, and for anybody that says some are non violent, and not like the ones that show violence if Islam calls a holy war and fights against the world who would they side with the world or Islam, which they would side with Islam.

And also there is that they reject Jesus thing also going on so that alone means no salvation.

If they know of the word of God, and have heard it sufficiently they cannot get away with they believe in a God but then reject the God of the Bible and Jesus, or say their God is compatible for their God is not compatible to the God of the Bible.

There is many in America that says I believe in a God and believe that is enough, and then do not believe the Bible, or that Jesus is Savior, but it is not enough, and they sure know of the Bible and what it teaches in America.

Nobody is going to get away with saying I believe in a God and then believe what they want, and not showing the love of Jesus and being Christlike.

Even before the word of God was written they still could not get away with saying they believe in God and then believe what they want for they still had to abide by the not attributing nature to God, and showing love towards people to not offend them.

Which many that believed in a God before the word of God, and have not heard the word of God, offended people, and sometimes much offended them, which history testifies of that as they were war mongers, and pushing for power.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com

She's sadly mistaken. Would your aunt happen to be Catholic? Pope Francis some time ago made a speech that implied what your aunt holds as true. He even went so far as to say atheists would enter Heaven. He's mistaken of course but how sad he misleads over a billion people as their earthly shepherd.

This may help your aunt if you would care to email the article to her after your review.
I hope she finds Christ if it be God's will.
"Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me'" (John 14:6).
Jesus is the Only Way

Jesus is the Only Way – Do Christians Really Mean That?
Is Jesus the only way to God?

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Jesus is our Only rescuer and redeemer...

It can be hard to think of our loves not being saved, hoping we can all be found blameless through the blood of Christ, without actually believing or calling on Him, but it just isn't so. I think how common and trivial His death and ressurection would be if He was only one of the ways to the Father. He is the One and Only way, truth and life.

1 Cor 1:30....

And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption