Is the “day of Christ” the day of the Rapture?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest

Saul-to-Paul

Jun 5, 2017
The 2 Witnesses are sent from Heaven to Prophesy around the world------and they are killed and left in the street for 3 and a half days --and then are raised up and caught back up to heaven
You're making things up as you go to fit what you believe.

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
Saul -to Paul said

If I am-------So is Jesus -----who is the Word ---

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
Saul-to Paul ------

I think you and GaryA ---are cut from the same Cloth -------

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
There are two significant days mentioned in the Bible -- “the day of the LORD” and “the day of Christ” (also called “the day of Jesus Christ” or “the day of our Lord Jesus Christ”).

Since “the day of the LORD” is clearly a period of divine judgment revealed in the Old Testament, it should not be confused with “the day of Christ” (found only in the New Testament). Unfortunately the King James Bible called “the day of the Lord” the day of Christ in 2 Thessalonians 2:2, which totally skews the meaning of that passage. Almost all the other translations have “the day o the Lord” which is correct.

We know from other Scriptures that the Resurrection/Rapture of the saints will occur on a specific day (which is still in the future). Now we will see that “the day of Christ” relates to that event in the verses shown below:

THE DAY OF CHRIST APPLIES TO CHRISTIAN READINESS
That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ (Phil 1:10)

THERE WILL BE REJOICING ON THE DAY OF CHRIST
Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain. (Phil 2:16)

CHRISTIANS ARE TO BE BLAMELESS ON THE DAY OF CHRIST
So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.(1 Cor 1:7,8)

Here the day of the Rapture (“the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ”) and “the day of Christ” are shown to be one and the same. Since the saints will be perfected and glorified on that day, they will then be “blameless”. But until then they are to be “sincere and without offence” and “holding forth the Word of Life”.

CHRISTIANS WILL BE PERFECTED ON THE DAY OF CHRIST
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: (Phil 1:6) This ties in with 1 John 3:1-3: Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

In view of all these passages it should be clear that every believer is required to purify himself or herself in preparation for the Rapture on the day of Christ. Paul seems to also imply that immediately after the Rapture, the event known as the Judgment Seat of Christ will take place. Here all the works of the saints will be assessed for their eternal value. Those which are precious will receive corresponding rewards or crowns. Those which are worthless will be "burned up".
I would say the Day of Christ ushers in the Day of the Lord, the 1000 year reign at the end of which the final resurrection and judgement.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I would say the Day of Christ ushers in the Day of the Lord, the 1000 year reign at the end of which the final resurrection and judgement.
In one sense the Day of Christ ushers in the Day of the LORD in that the pre-tribulation Resurrection/Rapture precedes the Great Tribulation (which is equivalent to the Day of the LORD). But after that we have the Second Coming of Christ, and only after that do we have the Millennium and then the resurrection of the unsaved and their judgment. So here is the sequence of events:

1. The Resurrection/Rapture of the Church and the Judgment Seat of Christ (in Heaven)
2. The reign of the Antichrist on earth and the death of the Tribulation saints
3. The Tribulation and Great Tribulation (on earth) and the Marriage of the Lamb (in Heaven)
4. The Second Coming of Christ with His saints and angels and the destruction of the Antichrist and all the enemies of Christ
5. The Millennium (while Satan is bound for 1,000 years)
6. The battle of Gog and Magog and the end of Satan in the Lake of Fire
7. The resurrection of the unsaved and the Great White Throne Judgment.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Nawww. Despite your impeccible grammar, Nehemiah is right on this. The rapture is when dead Christians will be raised from the dead and living Christians will be changed "in the blink of an eye" and we will meet Jesus Christ in the air. It will precede the second coming of Christ, when he comes TO earth.
I am not sure that I would boast that my grammar was impeccible - I am not perfect - I do make mistakes...

(But - thank you - I will take that as a compliment-of-sorts. :) I do try to write my posts in such a way that people hopefully will be better able to understand in the absence of body language, etc. :geek: )

One thing that can certainly be said about me (and, it has been said many times IRL) - is that I am very 'detail-oriented'.

That being said...

The 'rapture' is the "catching up" of the saints - no more and no less. It does not include the 'resurrection' or any other things associated with the rapture. The meaning of the word comes directly from - and, is defined by - the words 'caught up' in 1 Thessalonians 4:17. It does not include anything else.

This simple straight-forward painfully-obvious fact in scripture is often denied-to-the-death by pre-trib folks for some reason - and, they seem to want to try to compress the whole End Times Scenario into that one word... :rolleyes: (yes - sarcasm intended - not being fully literal here - just making a point)

There is nothing wrong with accepting that the 'rapture' directly follows the 'resurrection'.

Both are 'sub-events' that are part of the overall event.

The Second Coming of Christ has Him "in the air" at first - then, a little later on - down to the earth. It is really simple.

There are a series of 'sub-events' - in a particular order - that are all part of the overall 'event' which is the Second Coming of Christ.

The 'resurrection' and 'rapture' are simply two of those 'sub-events'. And, yes - they are very closely related with regard to 'event' timing - they "happen together" as/at a particular occurrence in time.

Nonetheless, they may be differentiated, examined, and studied as two separate 'sub-events' of the same overall event.

Saul-to-Paul

Jun 5, 2017
Saul -to Paul said

If I am-------So is Jesus -----who is the Word ---

Your pritribulation doctrine proclaims NO SAINTS will go through the tribulation, yet you have Moses and Elijah coming down from heaven (found nowhere in the Bible) being killed in that same tribulation.

Is that not a contradiction?
In one sense the Day of Christ ushers in the Day of the LORD in that the pre-tribulation Resurrection/Rapture precedes the Great Tribulation (which is equivalent to the Day of the LORD). But after that we have the Second Coming of Christ, and only after that do we have the Millennium and then the resurrection of the unsaved and their judgment. So here is the sequence of events:

1. The Resurrection/Rapture of the Church and the Judgment Seat of Christ (in Heaven)
3. The Tribulation and Great Tribulation (on earth) and the Marriage of the Lamb (in Heaven)
4. The Second Coming of Christ with His saints and angels and the destruction of the Antichrist and all the enemies of Christ
You have 2 of everything.
2 tribulations
2 antichrist; antichrist/Satan
2 raptures; church/two witnesses
2 returns of Christ

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us

You don't believe the 'Tribulation saints' have a Judgment? If not, why not? If so, when - in your view - does that occur?

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
So - it is your intent to label @Saul-to-Paul and I as being two people who "believe not" and are "blinded by Satan"...???
You may be Carnal Christians ?????????-----who's minds are blinded by Satan -----Satan still has full access to Born Again Christians minds ----it is your responsibility to change your thinking --------to mature in your thinking ------and to rely on the Holy Spirit to guide you into all truth ------

Read Romans 12:2 ---Change the way you think

Rely on the Holy Spirit for the Spiritual truth to be revealed to you ------pay attention to what this says

1 JOHN 2:27 AMP B
As for you, the anointing [the special gift, the preparation] which you received from Him remains [permanently] in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you.

But just as His anointing teaches you [giving you insight through the presence of the Holy Spirit] about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as His anointing has taught you, you must remain in Him [being rooted in Him, knit to Him].

I say ---this is what I see from you both ------

You both are taking one piece of Scripture out of Context and using it to prove your point about the Non __PRE-tribulation that you both believe in -------

when the Scripture if you rely on the Holy Spirit to receive the Spiritual Truth behind the Context of the whole Chapter clearly states that the Saints will not be in the Tribulation ---------

Your refusal to see the Truth behind the words say itself that your mind is Blind to the truth of what the Scripture is saying -----

And I am not the only one who feels your both are wrong here in your interpretation -----others have told you both that your wrong as well -----

So my stance here is you both will know the real truth when it happens --------

As For Me -------I will not be here to go through the tribulation as the scripture says I won't -------

An that is my final answer on that -------

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
----it is your responsibility to change your thinking --------to mature in your thinking ------and to rely on the Holy Spirit to guide you into all truth ------
I was raised in church and on the pre-trib belief system. The maturity in my thinking "jumped by leaps and bounds" when I discovered in my late teens that it was not the least bit biblical...

I say ---this is what I see from you both ------
You both aretaking one piece of Scripture out of Context and using it to prove your point about the Non __PRE-tribulation that you both believe in -------
Since you are so sure about it - tell me which "one piece of Scripture" I am taking out of context and ...

Pre-trib folks take every "piece of Scripture" out of context trying to make it fit the pre-trib belief.

when the Scripture if you rely on the Holy Spirit to receive the Spiritual Truth behind the Context of the whole Chapter clearly states that the Saints will not be in the Tribulation ---------
Show me where any scripture "clearly states that the Saints will not be in the Tribulation"...

Your refusal to see the Truth behind the words say itself that your mind is Blind to the truth of what the Scripture is saying -----
Why try to look "behind the words" when the truth is evident in the words...?

And I am not the only one who feels your both are wrong here in your interpretation -----others have told you both that your wrong as well -----
A majority opinion is not necessarily a true one.

So my stance here is you both will know the real truth when it happens --------
Of course - and so will you...

As For Me -------I will not be here to go through the tribulation as the scripture says I won't -------
If you should happen to find yourself in a concentration camp one day standing in the guillotine line waiting your turn to be beheaded - remember this moment...

I dare say that such an experience would make you reconsider your position concerning the timing of the rapture.

An that is my final answer on that -------
No it's not --- you will change your mind when God shows you the truth.

Dec 21, 2020
..you will change your mind when God shows you the truth.
So will you. We'll all find out where we were wrong, and ALL of us are no doubt wrong on some things.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com

you fall down straight away at 1 &2

you say the rap but at the rap the Lord destroys Antichrist by the breath of His mouth and the brightness of His appearing
so how will Antichrist reign?

This proves the trib comes first, the trib comes from Antichrist.

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
Why try to look "behind the words" when the truth is evident in the words...?

you don't seem to know the Difference between the Logos Word and the Rhema Word ----you need to research that ------Logos is jut the written Word and the Holy Spirit gives you the meaning behind the Written Word ---------which is the Rhema word ------

Also
You need to look up the words in their original language to understand what they mean in the Scripture you are reading -----

For instance ----Fear appears many --many times in Scripture as well as Flesh -----but it means different things in different scriptures -----so you need to find out what the word means in that scripture you are reading ----

Many say the word Rapture is not in Scripture and that is true but ------ the word caught up is in Scripture and if you look it up and see the meaning of it in the Greek you will see it meas the same as Rapture ------

Rhema Word ----from google

When God gives a word of knowledge, word of wisdom or a prophetic Word on healing, it becomes the Rhema that is filled with Spirit and life.
The Rhema Word has within it, the spiritual seed that releases faith, life and power. Its fulfilment is accomplished through the operation of the Holy Spirit.

I say
Here is an example of the Rhema Word working ------

Take Peter walking on the water -------what spiritual message does that give ------all scripture has a Spiritual Message ---they are not just words on the Paper ---they have Spiritual meaning in our Lives ----

this is the scripture -----

Matthew 14:22-33 NIV

Jesus Walks on the Water

22 Immediately Jesus made the disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowd.

23 After he had dismissed them, he went up on a mountainside by himself to pray. Later that night, he was there alone,

24 and the boat was already a considerable distance from land, buffeted by the waves because the wind was against it.

25 Shortly before dawn Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake.

26 When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. “It’s a ghost,” they said, and cried out in fear.

27 But Jesus immediately said to them: “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.”

28 “Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.”

29 “Come,” he said.
Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus.

30 But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”

I say --------So what Spiritual message do I get from this piece of Scripture ------the meaning behind the words ----

For me this is saying -----That when I am focused totally on my Faith in Jesus ----and I call upon His Grace to give me Strength to endure or complete a task or to help me in any situation that may come against me I have the ability -his strength is inparted to me to walk on top of it and not sink -------

My Grace is sufficient -----says God -----in your weakness my Grace gives strength -------might -----ability

But when I take my focus away from Jesus -----the wind -here -----who represents the enemy to me in this scripture ---I fall prey to failing -------as fear ---creeps in ----

David verse Goliath scripture
And if you read David defeating Goliath ----Goliath represents the Mountains that we see in our lives and when we stay Focused on our Faith in Jesus -and rely on Him ----we can move those mountains out of our way ------like David did -----

So------ just showing you that all scripture has a Spiritual message that a human intellect will not know or receive -------

The Rapture of the Church is in Scripture and if you do your research and rely on the direction of the Holy Spirit to give you Spiritual direction --it makes very good sense that the Rapture takes place before the Tribulation -------