is the bible racist towards people who is not white?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

sleeper92

Feb 16, 2020
Jesus’ interaction with the Canaanite or “Syrophoenician,” woman (recorded in Matthew 15:21-28 and Mark 7:24-30), where Christ refers to a suffering woman and the Canaanite people she is part of as “dogs.”

we also have the curse of ham, The curse of ham states that all black people are cursed. Canaan represents black people, and ham is the father of black people.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
Jesus’ interaction with the Canaanite or “Syrophoenician,” woman (recorded in Matthew 15:21-28 and Mark 7:24-30), where Christ refers to a suffering woman and the Canaanite people she is part of as “dogs.”

we also have the curse of ham, The curse of ham states that all black people are cursed. Canaan represents black people, and ham is the father of black people.
The bible is not racist, but people are, and mormon beliefs have no validity.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
The Jews made significant effort to remain racially pure; that was consistent with God's commands. Jesus' comment to the Syrophoenician woman is rooted in that. He was called to the Jews, not to everybody, at that time.

Ham was not cursed; Canaan was, and there is nothing in the Bible to support the idea that either was the father of the black people.

Sep 3, 2016
1585192374591.png

The Apostle John said Jesus hair was white wool and His feet fine brass (some translation say bronze) Rev. 1:14-15. If a law enforcement officer broadcast lookout for a person fitting this description would they look for a white person or a black person?

Apr 15, 2017

The Bible has no racist agenda and God views all people the same, and the same equality, and for someone to think they are superior to another race would mean they do not have love like they should, and without love we are nothing, have erred from the faith, and our faith is dead.

For charity, love in action, is greater than faith.

Mat 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Psa 22:16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.

Php 3:2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.

Rev 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

The term dogs would be another term for heathen, or wicked, that do not abide by the truth, not talking about the ethnic group of a person.

Mat 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

Luk 13:32 And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.

Jesus used the term serpent, viper, and fox to describe the wicked, so dogs is the same thing.

Isa 40:17 All nations before him are as nothing; and they are counted to him less than nothing, and vanity.

1Co 4:7 For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

Php 2:3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

Act 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
Act 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Gal 6:3 For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.

We see from these scriptures that God does not esteem one ethnic group above another but all are the same in His eyes, and God is love so He would not put one ethnic group above another, and we are only mortal flesh so how can one group be greater than another when God created everyone with the same fleshy body.

Gen 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.

Some people believe that Eve had sex with the serpent, and Cain is the seed of the serpent, so his offspring would be also, but this is not true, for Eve said she had gotten a man from the LORD.

And some believe that Cain was born in the garden but Adam and Eve were ousted from the garden when they had Cain, and the Bible said Adam and Eve had Cain and mentions nothing about the serpent.

Gen 4:15 And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

Some people believe that Cain received a mark that was black skin but this is not true.

The mark was not a curse but actually a blessing for it was to identify Cain that if anyone slayed him, vengeance would be taken against the person, so it seems like the mark was actually to protect Cain.

Gen 4:24 If Cain shall be avenged sevenfold, truly Lamech seventy and sevenfold.

And Lamech understood that the mark that was on Cain so it was not skin color, which I do not know how the mark would identify Cain as to not touch him but it did.

Gen 4:25 And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.
Gen 4:26 And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD.

Also Seth is the one whose lineage went all the way to Noah, so it would continue on after the flood.

But Cain's lineage would of been cut off at the flood unless there was a wife of one of Noah's sons wives that were of the lineage of Cain, but it probably is not true, and Cain's lineage perished at the flood, but I do not know.

Gen 9:20 And Noah began to be an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard:
Gen 9:21 And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent.
Gen 9:22 And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brethren without.
Gen 9:23 And Shem and Japheth took a garment, and laid it upon both their shoulders, and went backward, and covered the nakedness of their father; and their faces were backward, and they saw not their father's nakedness.
Gen 9:24 And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him.
Gen 9:25 And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren.
Gen 9:26 And he said, Blessed be the LORD God of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.

Ham was not cursed but Canaan which is only one of the sons of Ham and not all the sons were cursed.

And Noah said blessed be the God of Shem which they produced the Middle Eastern people which the Hebrews of that lineage took the land of Canaan and it became Israel.

Canaan is an ancient term for a region approximating present-day Israel, the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, plus adjoining coastal lands and parts of Lebanon, Syria, and Jordan. Canaanites are mentioned extensively in the Bible.

Canaan settled in the land we know as Israel.

They say they had black skin but I do not know, but the black people are not cursed.

Gen 11:1 And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.
Gen 11:6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
Gen 11:7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.
Gen 11:8 So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.
Gen 11:9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

There is a possibility that God gave them the different skin colors when he confounded their language and scattered them abroad upon the face of the earth.

I really did not think about it that much until this post so I do not know, but I tend to think that God gave the skin color in their DNA at the tower of Babel when He confounded their language, for that is when they got moving around the earth and spread out, and Canaanites did not have black skin, but God gave one or more sons of Noah black skin and they settled in Africa.

Because it seems if the people were together as one, and one language, and did not spread out yet but were stalemating God's plan for them to replenish the earth that He gave them skin color at the time He confounded their language.

1585195720710.png

Which we see Japheth up North, and Shem down south, and Canaan in Israel, and Put, Cush, in Africa who came from Ham as a direct son, and Pathrusim in Africa who came from Cush.

And a direct son of Ham, Cush, had Nimrod which is the beginning of the kingdom of Babel, which is Babylon, and they are not black skin which Babylon is modern day Iraq, which is pointed out that Persia took the kingdom from Babylon, which Persia is Iran.

So from Ham did not come all black people for Cush came from Ham and his son started the kingdom of Babylon who are not black.

So it does not prove the Canaanites were black because they came from Ham for there is at least 2 different skin colors identified in Ham, Africa, and Babylon, and since the Canaanites settled in Israel they are probably of the skin color of a Middle Eastern person.

Also what about the red color people like Native Americans, and the yellow color people like Asians.

For it shows Japheth up North at Europe, and Shem down south Middle East, and Canaan in Israel, and Put, Cush, in Africa who came from Ham as a direct son, and Pathrusim in Africa who came from Cush.

So 1 of them if not 2 of them would of had more than one skin color from their lineage for Japheth we know is identified as white, and Shem as olive skin, and Ham as black skin and olive skin, but there is also red skin, and yellow skin that has to come from them.

So it does not prove that the Canaanites were black skin for they can have more than one skin color within all 3 sons lineage which makes it seem more possible that God gave them the DNA for different skin color when he confounded their language.

But someone might have solid proof but like I said I did not think about it that much until I did this post so I do not know.

Apr 15, 2017
[QUOTE="MessageOfTheCross, post: 4199894, member: 245115"
The Apostle John said Jesus hair was white wool and His feet fine brass (some translation say bronze) Rev. 1:14-15. If a law enforcement officer broadcast lookout for a person fitting this description would they look for a white person or a black person? [/QUOTE]

Rev 1:14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
Rev 1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
Rev 1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
Rev 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
Rev 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

John did not see Jesus in His physical appearance but in His heavenly appearance after His resurrection.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
No one in the bible was white unless you were a leper. Just saying.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
If a person claiming to be in the family of God, Yahweh, cannot see beyond the color of skin, sex of a person, nationality, etc...………...he is trapped in darkness and even when the light does shine upon him, he is blind.

See all as family in Yeshua, Jesus to be one day transformed to be just like He, and you will be walking the Way.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018

If you find any white people in the bible, let us know.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014

Punishment for sin, has nothing to do with racism. When I think how harmful white christians can be, then I cant see an colour different in this. Also the bible does not teach a different of the person in Gods eyes.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Some sit on a war horse named Separation while others are on the one named Unity.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
i dont think it has to do with the colour of your skin...
most peoples eyes are white with different colour pupils. and peoples fingernails. But skin colour varies.
In revelation, people are wearing white robes, its not saying their skin is white.
when you get old your hair does go white and that applies to all people.

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
The Bible isn't racist but some people are
11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.

32 And they set on for him by himself, and for them by themselves, and for the Egyptians, which did eat with him, by themselves: because the Egyptians might not eat bread with the Hebrews; for that is an abomination unto the Egyptians.

1 And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016

The Bible is not racist..

The Jews where not white.. They where middle eastern and olive oil colored skin ( tanned )

The Canaanite woman was called a dog because as a non Jew she was considered unclean.. Or not a child of God.. It had nothing to do with her racial characteristics..

No where in the Bible does it identify Ham as being black.. The teaching of the curse of ham being about black people is a tradition made up by men... most likely men who wanted to justify exploitation of black people..

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
If you find any white people in the bible, let us know.
This is true.. white people lived in central / northern Europe.. Middle eastern people of which the Jews where a tribe where not white, but tanned..

Jan 17, 2020

Gentiles are nothing more than animals to be exploited according to the Pharisees in the Talmud. Even today. So Jesus was probably telling her what she expected to hear. He's not a racist according to the rest of the New Testament. The Pharisees definitely are.

And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;” Acts 17:26 (KJV 1900)

L

Locoponydirtman

There are no curses, or condemnation in Christ Jesus. Those who are not in Christ Jesus are cursed to die.

So no there is no racism in the Bible.
Canaanites where the same color as Jews. All middle eastern, not white, not black, not Asian.

What there is; those in the covenant and those who are not in the covenant. The idea is to bring folks into the covenant.