Is the Church spiritual Israel?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Let us count ourselves Blessed always that we have come to the knowledge and received the Spirit of Truth.

Let us give thanks always for the Grace laid upon us.

It is not about replacing, it is a work of Salvation in progress...

Consider the below:

John 11

47Then gathered the chief priests and the Pharisees a council, and said, What do we? for this man doeth many miracles. 48If we let him thus alone, all men will believe on him: and the Romans shall come and take away both our place and nation. 49And one of them, named Caiaphas, being the high priest that same year, said unto them, Ye know nothing at all, 50Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not. 51And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation; 52And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad. 53Then from that day forth they took counsel together for to put him to death.

B

Bornhuman

So what would be the significance in the Jews gathering back to Israel and becoming a nation again in 1948? Or is there any significance to it at all?

Thanks for the responses.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
So what would be the significance in the Jews gathering back to Israel and becoming a nation again in 1948? Or is there any significance to it at all?

All things mean something.

Are we to trust the men who claim to lead this world in search for peace and safety?

Are we not warned against those men?

1 Thessalonians

1But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. 2For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. 3For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. 4But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. 5Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. 6Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. 7For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. 8But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. 9For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, 10Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him. 11Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011

I believe it is part of the blessing and the curse, however one very practical reason could be so simple as to draw mankind's attention to the God of Abraham, which in turn would bring their gaze upon our Lord, Yeshua, Jesus........

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012

This is my opinion based on what I think the bible teaches.There are many other opinions. As for all I know, it's only led to Zionism, false teachings that some day the Jew will return to animal sacrifices (which tramples on the blood of Christ) and false dating to the return of Jesus or so called "rapture". I believe in a rapture, but I think it's right before the great judgment and the coming of the New heavens and earth, the eternal state. It's divided the church in theology and many false doctrines have come out it (JWs and Mormons for example)

They haven't repented as a whole, they displaced many innocent people from their homes including Palestinian Christians when they took over the land. Is this How a people of God should act? I know I'm not perfect and I'm not without sin, but the actions on both sides are quite disturbing to me.

We should be reaching out to both the natural Jew all other ethic groups for Jesus. If "natural Israel plays a part or has any significance", that at is left to be seen. But what a glorious day it would be if they recognized Jesus as their Lord and didn't work contrary to Him. For right now, it's illegal to preach the gospel in the streets.

E

eternally-gratefull

depends on how you look at it. For salvation purposes it has none, For prophesy purposes it should excite you beyond measure. Even though they are not restored, they are still alive, and still a nation, at no time in the history of mankind has a people group been wiped out by a foreign enemy, removed from their land, and retain the bloodline, and characteristics of their original nation. Only Israel has.

of cours emany things have to happen before Israel is restored. According to Scripture

1. The completion of the time of the gentile (rom 11)
2. The man of sin, who goes after Israel, But Israel is protected by God.
3. The final great battles between gentiles and God
4. Finally the return of Christ.

People call us zionist. But only to keep people from listening to us, They name call to make themselves look better. A jew is not going to be saved by going back to law. He never was saved by law. But for the end times to come, God said things will happen. One of them is the abomination of desolation. Which will occure at the end, right before Israels repentance and return to Christ. If their is no temple, there can be no abomination, it is as simple of fact. Again, God will use Israels unbelief to show how true a prophet he is. We should glory and be excited about this, Not be haters.

B

Bornhuman

But are the Jews in Israel today really the true Jews? There are some who say that the Jews from eastern Europe and Russia are not truly Jews but are from the Khazarist empire and other places and did not become Jews until about 750 AD? I have no idea how much truth there is to that.

C

carey

Doesn't Gods word clarify this for us
I will gather My children from the east and the west
Some believe God knew Israel would be scattered and He is bringing them home, why else would His peoplehave a burning desire to go back to their homeland? At least that's my two cents on the subject
;)

E

eternally-gratefull

But are the Jews in Israel today really the true Jews? There are some who say that the Jews from eastern Europe and Russia are not truly Jews but are from the Khazarist empire and other places and did not become Jews until about 750 AD? I have no idea how much truth there is to that.
people want to make all kinds of excuses. What we know is God said he would restore his people to their land. Whether the people there now or not are realy Isreal or not does not matter. what matters is we can be assured if God said he would do something, he will do it. Whether this is part of his fulfillment, we can't say, but we can say it will happen, and we do not have to ask how. Because God is in control, and he will make it happen..

B

Bornhuman

people want to make all kinds of excuses. What we know is God said he would restore his people to their land. Whether the people there now or not are realy Isreal or not does not matter. what matters is we can be assured if God said he would do something, he will do it. Whether this is part of his fulfillment, we can't say, but we can say it will happen, and we do not have to ask how. Because God is in control, and he will make it happen..
I agree.

I think the Bible does make a distinction between the Church and Israel. I'm in agreement with a more literal approach toward the Bible. If we over spiritualize everything then the Bible can mean anything. I mean all of the prophecies concerning Jesus and the first advent were fulfilled literally so I see that as strong reason to take a literal approach toward prophecy. There are still some things within the dispensational scheme that I dont know if I totally agree with but overall the shoe seems to fit.

E

eternally-gratefull

I agree.

I think the Bible does make a distinction between the Church and Israel. I'm in agreement with a more literal approach toward the Bible. If we over spiritualize everything then the Bible can mean anything. I mean all of the prophecies concerning Jesus and the first advent were fulfilled literally so I see that as strong reason to take a literal approach toward prophecy. There are still some things within the dispensational scheme that I dont know if I totally agree with but overall the shoe seems to fit.
lol. I agree. I have backed of many of my dispensational beliefs, Like people saved different ways in different ages. I disagree.

My dispensational view is just a way to look at history, and future in a way God said things would happen, It gives us a way to separate different ages and how God dealt with people on earth.

B

Bornhuman

lol. I agree. I have backed of many of my dispensational beliefs, Like people saved different ways in different ages. I disagree.

My dispensational view is just a way to look at history, and future in a way God said things would happen, It gives us a way to separate different ages and how God dealt with people on earth.
Exactly, thats pretty much my feelings about it.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Look in the Word, in the Torah section, and you will see anyone attaching themselves to the Jews is a Jew, according to their law(s).

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
I just read an article that said the word "Israel" is used 73 times in the NT, and not once is it used for the church.

This is a pretty good article on Spiritual Israel.

IS THE CHURCH (spiritual) ISRAEL
It's not? Please explain this passage to me then;

Galatians 6
Glory Only in the Cross

11 See with what large letters I have written to you with my own hand! 12 As many as desire to make a good showing in the flesh, these would compel you to be circumcised, only that they may not suffer persecution for the cross of Christ. 13 For not even those who are circumcised keep the law, but they desire to have you circumcised that they may boast in your flesh. 14 But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom[a] the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. 15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but a new creation.
Blessing and a Plea

16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God.

AMP version -->even upon the [true] Israel of God!

Who is the Israel of God? I say it the whole universe Church of God but I'm interested in your answer?

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
Isaiah 59:20
20 And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the Lord.

Hebrews 12:22
But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, 23to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect,

Christ is the redeemer of Zion! He has come to us, the whole world that we may receive forgiveness of sins. Those who receive His forgiveness have come to Mount Zion, we are citizens of the City of the Living God, the HEAVENLY Jerusalem (not an earthly one) which is the General Assembly and the Church of the firstborn (Christ) who are registered where? IN HEAVEN.

T

Tehillim

Bornhuman, it is a blessing that you can read scripture in a more literal sense. When read in a more literal sense scripture will make alot more sense. We should believe Adonai when He says Israel as being Israel and the nations as being everyone outside of Israel. When people start to spiritualize scripture, then new theologies pop up to fit that persons agenda.

An example of this outside of Christian circles is when Orthodox Jews say that Isaiah 53 is not about Jesus (Yeshua), but about Israel as a whole. This kind of spiritualize teaching in the synaguoges to suite their agenda has led many Jews astray from the truth of who the real Jewish Messiah is. Paul said, "Let the uncircumcised remain uncircumcised and the circumcised remain circumcised". Another way of saying it, let the Gentiles remain Gentiles and the Jews remain Jews. Let us be who G-d made us to be.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Well, let us consider that many people died in the years leading up to 1948

I believe all things mean something but i do not know what all things mean.

I trust in Yahvah God and Yahshua the Messiah who do know all things.

B

Bornhuman

I have a question for dispensationalist. Whats happens to the remnant Jews who have been apart of the Church? Do they receive what is in store for Israel or the Church?