Is the common belief, this is the only day of salvation, true? Prove it to me.

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 27, 2025
1,444
306
83
I have heard since I was a little boy that God is trying to “save everyone”.

Missionaries have been sent out to those in backward countries to convert from pagan beliefs to “Christianity” for centuries, so they do not go to Hell for eternity.

I have had a huge logical problem with this all my life.

I must use logic, not emotions to understand.

When I put all of the facts and history together, my conclusion; today cannot be the only day salvation will be offered.
Here are a few facts as I see them.

Christ came around year 4000, so, are all those before He came, lost? The Word clearly states there is no other name under heaven given whereby men can be saved. Are all in hell right now?

What happened to the millions in Noah’s flood? Are they in hell?

And during Christ 33 ½ years, He preached to possibly to 10’s of thousands, but on that day of Pentecost there were only 120.

And during His 33 ½ years many died around the world without ever even hearing His name.

Even today only 25% of the 8 plus billion, say they are Christians.

So, the common belief, commonly taught today, correct me if I am wrong, they are all in Hell being tortured right now.

Please explain how to day can be the only day salvation is offered.
 
I have heard since I was a little boy that God is trying to “save everyone”.

Missionaries have been sent out to those in backward countries to convert from pagan beliefs to “Christianity” for centuries, so they do not go to Hell for eternity.

I have had a huge logical problem with this all my life.

I must use logic, not emotions to understand.

When I put all of the facts and history together, my conclusion; today cannot be the only day salvation will be offered.
Here are a few facts as I see them.

Christ came around year 4000, so, are all those before He came, lost?
No.

The Word clearly states there is no other name under heaven given whereby men can be saved. Are all in hell right now?
No. There are Old Testament saints.

What happened to the millions in Noah’s flood? Are they in hell?
God is the Judge, but I would say largely yes.

And during Christ 33 ½ years, He preached to possibly to 10’s of thousands, but on that day of Pentecost there were only 120.

And during His 33 ½ years many died around the world without ever even hearing His name.

Even today only 25% of the 8 plus billion, say they are Christians.

So, the common belief, commonly taught today, correct me if I am wrong, they are all in Hell being tortured right now.

Please explain how to day can be the only day salvation is offered.
I think you are playing semantics. The day of salvation was then and is now, for anyone who believes on the name of Christ Jesus for salvation.
 
No.

No. There are Old Testament saints.

God is the Judge, but I would say largely yes.

I think you are playing semantics. The day of salvation was then and is now, for anyone who believes on the name of Christ Jesus for salvation.


I do not agree!

what happens to all the billions during the last 6000 years that never heard of Christ, even to day 6 billion are pagans or non believers .

If God can only save a few out of the 100 billion that have lived and died over the last 6000 years that is not a success, that is not power.

and then to put, say 90 billion in to hell forever, that is not mercy. Sorry I read of the Lake of Fire but no every burning hell that is the wet dream of the catholic's

If there is a first resurrection the must be a second at least and in Revelation 20 it states after the 1000 years the rest of the dead come back to life and that time is called "The Great White Judgment" then the 100 billion will be judged.
 
I do not agree!

what happens to all the billions during the last 6000 years that never heard of Christ, even to day 6 billion are pagans or non believers .

If God can only save a few out of the 100 billion that have lived and died over the last 6000 years that is not a success, that is not power.

and then to put, say 90 billion in to hell forever, that is not mercy. Sorry I read of the Lake of Fire but no every burning hell that is the wet dream of the catholic's
This is perhaps a discussion to take up with God? God is loving and kind, but also just.

If there is a first resurrection the must be a second at least and in Revelation 20 it states after the 1000 years the rest of the dead come back to life and that time is called "The Great White Judgment" then the 100 billion will be judged.
Scripture does talk about two resurrections, but is not so clear on the details of these.
 
I have heard since I was a little boy that God is trying to “save everyone”.

(1) Missionaries have been sent out to those in backward countries to convert from pagan beliefs to “Christianity” for centuries, so they do not go to Hell for eternity. I have had a huge logical problem with this all my life. I must use logic, not emotions to understand. When I put all of the facts and history together, my conclusion; today cannot be the only day salvation will be offered.
Here are a few facts as I see them.

When the scriptures say: "Today is the Day of Salvation" they mean that salvation could happen now and therefore we must consider the facts and act NOW rather than wait. When we put off making the choice we are inclined to become distracted and to wander away as Jesus said about the seed of life that fell among thorns:
…18Others are like the seeds sown among the thorns. They hear the word, 19but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth, and the desire for other things come in and choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful, that is, the life that began does not continue, that is, it dies.
(Mark 4:19)
I do not take the emphasis on the PRESENT to mean that "there will never be another time when the "door" of salvation is open to me. Rather the emphasis on today is meant to convey urgency. We must consider the words and claims of Jesus and the truths recorded in the word. Furthermore, it implies that your current level of knowledge is enough.

(2) So you must use your mind and not feelings?
Who is saying this? I am not.

(3) I agree the gospel message Christ came around year 4000, so, are all those before He came, lost? The Word clearly states there is no other name under heaven given whereby men can be saved. Are all in hell right now?
There is much to discuss on this topic but you seem intent on proving that God is unjust and unmerciful which, if true would make Him the author of human evil

(4) What happened to the millions in Noah’s flood? Are they in hell? And during Christ 3S3 ½ years, He preached to possibly to 10’s of thousands, but on that day of Pentecost there were only 120. And during His 33 ½ years many died around the world without ever even hearing His name. Even today only 25% of the 8 plus billion, say they are Christians.
Why not look to the many Christian intellectuals who, over time have also considered these matters?

(5) So, the common belief, commonly taught today, correct me if I am wrong, they are all in Hell being tortured right now.
I have thought a lot about hell over the years. Many others have also. Ultimately, we presume to believe that we can learn nothing more about it than we currently know. The Bible says we can know the truth. Jesus said:
7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and it will be opened for you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened (Matthew 7:7-8)
 
no jimisurviver I believe ever person that has or will ever live will be given one chance for eternal life'

God does His work according to numbers

His number three shows something is complete, finished

There are three resurrections

john 5
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; (first resurrection) and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. (Third Resurrection) i.e. the lake of fire


Revelation 20
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. Second Resurrection see Ezekiel 37
The second resurrection is to judgement, which is Called The Great White Throne Judgement
 
So, the common belief, commonly taught today, correct me if I am wrong, they are all in Hell being tortured right now.

Please explain how to day can be the only day salvation is offered.
Precious friend, please do not miss These Two Truths In God's
Precious Word Of Truth About A Holy And Righteously Just God:

1) All who have come and gone Before Today's Day Of Grace, Had This:

"For The [ Undiluted ] Wrath of God Is Revealed from heaven against​
all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold The Truth in​
unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest​
in them; for God Hath Shewed it Unto them.​
​
For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly​
seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His Eternal Power​
and Godhead; so that they are without excuse" (Romans 1:18-20 AV)​
​
2) No, there is no "second chance" for those Today, Under Grace, who hear, understand,
and then reject God's Gracious Offer, God's Great GRACE Departure! {aka rapture}, ​
and they are left behind to live in Great Tribulation when the man of Sin, son of​
Perdition appears:​

"And then shall that Wicked be revealed, Whom The Lord Shall Consume​
with The Spirit Of His Mouth, and Shall Destroy With The Brightness of​
His Coming: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with​
all power and signs and lying wonders,​
​
And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish;​
because they received not The Love Of The Truth, that they might be saved.​
​
And for this cause God Shall Send them Strong Delusion, that they should​
believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not The Truth,​
but had pleasure in unrighteousness." (2 Thessalonians 2:8-12 AV)​
​
+
Those living today have until the rapture OR "their last breath" to believe
God's Wonderful News of:

The Three Tenses Of God's Eternal Salvation! = Grace, Peace, Mercy, And Love!

Because, Until Grace Ends:

"We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not​
The Grace of God in vain. ( For He Saith, I have Heard thee in A Time Accepted, ​
and in The Day Of Salvation have I Succoured [ Helped ] thee: behold, ​
​
Now Is The Accepted Time; Behold, Now Is The Day Of Salvation. )" ​
​
IF they "receive Not The Love Of This Truth" Now, then refer to
The Double Deception in point 2 above, Correct?​

God Has Always Been Deadly Serious, Correct?

Amen.