B
The same as the gift and seal of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:38; Eph. 1:13)?
Where do you see “the earnest of the Spirit”?The same as the gift and seal of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:38; Eph. 1:13)?
Where do you see “the earnest of the Spirit”?
2Co 1:22I have never heard of this term earnest of the spirit where do you find that?
2 Cor. 5:5 in the KJVI have never heard of this term earnest of the spirit where do you find that?
That is what I’m wanting to know. Is it the same as the gift, seal and the promise of the Holy Spirit in Acts 2:38-39 and Ephesians 1:13?Well what does it mean exactly is it the seeking of the spirit or is it something that means something else?
well according to an ai search it basically means a downpayment to an inheritence or basically recieving what was promisedThat is what I’m wanting to know. Is it the same as the gift, seal and the promise of the Holy Spirit in Acts 2:38-39 and Ephesians 1:13?
The fastest way to understand obscure KJV phraseology is to check the verse(s) in modern translations. You can find several on BibleGateway.
In this particular case, I would not personally call it "obscure phraseology."The fastest way to understand obscure KJV phraseology is to check the verse(s) in modern translations. You can find several on BibleGateway.
2 different things. Notice the word "and". The sealing is spoken of in Ephesians 1:13 and is experiential and occurs frequently throughout the book of Acts. The earnest is spoken of in Romans 8:16. While it is experiential, it is an inward experience of the indwelling Spirit.
I am not saying that I agree or disagree with you. I am just curious as to why you quoted me. I am not the one who asked the question here. That was the OP. I merely provided these verses because two other posters here were not familiar with them because they read differently in the Bible versions that they use.2 different things. Notice the word "and". The sealing is spoken of in Ephesians 1:13 and is experiential and occurs frequently throughout the book of Acts. The earnest is spoken of in Romans 8:16. While it is experiential, it is an inward experience of the indwelling Spirit.
The former is an outward experience; the latter an inward witness.
Because you posted the verses my post was in reference to. If you prefer I don't link to your posts, just say the word. I'll stop.I am not saying that I agree or disagree with you. I am just curious as to why you quoted me. I am not the one who asked the question here. That was the OP. I merely provided these verses because two other posters here were not familiar with them because they read differently in the Bible versions that they use.
could we also say that his sacrifice was also earnest or a downpayment of good faith? if I am to understand the phrase correctly that isGod purchased us by the shed Blood of the First Comforter, Yeshua.
The receipt of that transaction is redeemed through the Second Comforter, the Holy Spirit.
That’s a good question. I’ve never thought of that before.could we also say that his sacrifice was also earnest or a downpayment of good faith? if I am to understand the phrase correctly that is