Is The Earth Flat Or Round?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Is The Earth Flat Or Round?

• Total voters
Aug 2, 2021
so you think the devil is not defeated? slander and arrogance you say?

you need to get some air.

I don't think either God or NASA are lying although one may not be as truthful as God

you forgot the 3rd alternative though
AMAZING Truth = In this same Book of Joshua it is written: "Choose whom you will serve...."

How appropriate = God really knows how to show and tell.

P

Polar

Well you really do not love what God said in the Book of Joshua = "the sun and moon stopped"

So who is lying here = NASA or God?
dude you do not decide for others whether or not they love God

exactly what or who is it you believe has given you the power over others?

you are not living in the reality of a born again person if you believe you have authority or power over others

God does not need your help

Aug 2, 2021
dude you do not decide for others whether or not they love God

exactly what or who is it you believe has given you the power over others?

you are not living in the reality of a born again person if you believe you have authority or power over others

God does not need your help
everything you accuse me of is exactly what you are doing = keep going

P

Polar

AMAZING Truth = In this same Book of Joshua it is written: "Choose whom you will serve...."

How appropriate = God really knows how to show and tell.
more than you know

I was wrong. I thought you were just really believing in your assumptions. its' more than that though

you actually believe you have a calling in your belief to spread the word that God has given you...youtube is the actual source of your calling though....not God

you are spreading a false gospel...I don't mean the flat earth nonsense....I am referring to you hiding behind God to condemn all who question your words or disagree

I don't know where or when you think that happened, but it's time to shake the dust

thankfully we do have that ignore button. this is not a victory for you...this is actually a failure for you to see that you prefer judgement over mercy

Aug 2, 2021
more than you know

I was wrong. I thought you were just really believing in your assumptions. its' more than that though

you actually believe you have a calling in your belief to spread the word that God has given you...youtube is the actual source of your calling though....not God

you are spreading a false gospel...I don't mean the flat earth nonsense....I am referring to you hiding behind God to condemn all who question your words or disagree

I don't know where or when you think that happened, but it's time to shake the dust

thankfully we do have that ignore button. this is not a victory for you...this is actually a failure for you to see that you prefer judgement over mercy
Dear Brother,

Of the many verses in the Scripture that i love this one is at the top = "Mercy triumphs over judgment" James 2:13

We can rejoice in His Great Mercy over us.
Peace and Good Night

Mar 4, 2020
This has probably been said before, but the Bible doesn’t say the Earth is flat like a disc, or donut shaped, or any of that. There’s already good precedent to see that celestial bodies tend to be spherical in shape. There’s also pictures/videos of the Earth that confirm it isn’t a flat disc.

I’ve long held that the flat earth theory is a psyop. It can invade any message board, secular or otherwise. It’s just a distraction and it’s clever, but false.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
This has probably been said before, but the Bible doesn’t say the Earth is flat
I have certainly said it more than once ;) But certain flat-earthers
dishonestly pretend the Bible does address this issue :unsure:

P

Polar

Polar did the same to me, I believe it is called projecting out.:unsure::)(y)
sad

I guess misery loves company

Polar did the same to me....whaaaa

actually Polar is fed up with the nonsense that often passes for posting here

so then do you agree with calling other believers demonic or saying they serve the devil because they do not agree with you? as has been happening in this thread?

maybe not. maybe you just thought you would get a jab in to me because I don't think Trump should run again and he has a mouth that needs a brick in it

oh...and I also think Trump is not really a Christian so there is that also :unsure: of course that is one of the 7 deadly sins for some and against what you think.

Aug 2, 2021
I have certainly said it more than once ;) But certain flat-earthers
dishonestly pretend the Bible does address this issue :unsure:

a.) God never said the earth spins and corkscrews thru space.

b.) God has said that the sun, moon and stars move over a stationary earth.

c.) God has said that the earth has great depth to it along with mountains and valleys = it is not a flat disc.

The Scripture references for abc have been previously given and there is not a single scripture to verify a SWBE.

Dishonesty would be to refute this without any evidence from the Scripture.

i am open to being wrong as this has no effect upon anyone's Salvation so please bring forth the scripture whereby God says HE made the earth a SWBE = Spinning Water Ball Earth.

Also please find the scripture whereby Water has no boundaries and oceans can spin in all directions and remain = SEA LEVEL.

Peace and Thank You

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Is everyone done with the mud-slinging now...??? :p :cautious: :unsure:

Are you ready to get back to discussing the thread topic?

EliB

Sep 24, 2022
Virginia
maybe not. maybe you just thought you would get a jab in to me because I don't think Trump should run again and he has a mouth that needs a brick in it

oh...and I also think Trump is not really a Christian so there is that also :unsure: of course that is one of the 7 deadly sins for some and against what you think.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
I think I understand now.

to clarify: would you admit or claim the same about Biden?
Really legitimately curious.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
a.) God never said the earth spins and corkscrews thru space.
God also never said that we need iron, sodium and magnesium in our diets, but we do. The absence of a biblical assertion does not make that assertion false.

b.) God has said that the sun, moon and stars move over a stationary earth.
No, He doesn't. Don't confuse your interpretation of Scripture with Scripture itself.

The Scripture references for abc have been previously given and there is not a single scripture to verify a SWBE.
Nor one to refute it.

Dishonesty would be to refute this without any evidence from the Scripture.
No, dishonesty is knowingly misrepresenting the truth. Scripture is not always needed to refute error, as my previous sentence demonstrates.

i am open to being wrong as this has no effect upon anyone's Salvation
Yet you continually chirp about globalists being under the influence of Satan, which contradicts your assertion here.

so please bring forth the scripture whereby God says HE made the earth a SWBE = Spinning Water Ball Earth.
Fallacy. God doesn't need to state it for it to be true. See my first comment above.

Also please find the scripture whereby Water has no boundaries and oceans can spin in all directions and remain = SEA LEVEL.
Another fallacy rooted in your ignorance of basic physics.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Is everyone done with the mud-slinging now...??? :p :cautious: :unsure:

Are you ready to get back to discussing the thread topic?
Sure. Let's discuss the shadows that are impossible on the flat Earth. :)

Aug 2, 2021
God also never said that we need iron, sodium and magnesium in our diets, but we do. The absence of a biblical assertion does not make that assertion false.

No, He doesn't. Don't confuse your interpretation of Scripture with Scripture itself.

Nor one to refute it.

No, dishonesty is knowingly misrepresenting the truth. Scripture is not always needed to refute error, as my previous sentence demonstrates.

Yet you continually chirp about globalists being under the influence of Satan, which contradicts your assertion here.

Fallacy. God doesn't need to state it for it to be true. See my first comment above.

Another fallacy rooted in your ignorance of basic physics.
Fallacy is your opinion that is contrary to God's words.

God's word is Truth and you will answer to HIM for that.

Every word of God is flawless;
He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.
Do not add to His words,
lest He rebuke you and prove you a liar.
Proverbs 30:5-6

I am not asking that You take them out of the world, but that You keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. Sanctify them by the truth; Your word is truth. As You sent Me into the world, I have also sent them into the world. For them I sanctify Myself, so that they too may be sanctified by the truth.

So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, Until the nation avenged themselves of their enemies. Is it not written in the Book of Jashar? And the sun stopped in the middle of the sky and did not hurry to go down for about a whole day.

But this is what the LORD says: I would no more reject my people than I would change My laws that govern night and day, earth and sky. - Jeremiah 33:25

For by Him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him.

The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness. For what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood from His workmanship, so that men are without excuse.

BEST Choice = Believe God at His Word

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Sure. Let's discuss the shadows that are impossible on the flat Earth. :)
Somewhat related to that and quite simple-

I grew up with relatives on both sides of the Atlantic & some in Australia. I understood from an early age that if you wanted
to make a phone call abroad you must look at the time to avoid ringing someone in the middle of the night.
What was morning for me could be very late night for my aunt. I didn't need to be Einstein to understand time zones.
Travelling between continents confirms reality. When it's daylight on one side of The Earth, it's dark on the other.
This proves a spherical earth. God created Earth with a day/night cycle as described in Gen 1:14-18

A FE with a sun & moon hanging over it like Christmas baubles contradicts The Bible and can't explain the verifiable reality
of (what we call) time zones. Day & night are separated as the Bible states.

The light source (sun) itself is not divided or turned on/off overhead- or moved to a hidden position underneath a flat disc.
It's always both night & day somewhere on the planet but night & day are separated.