I also thought we had come to an understanding...
Great. we can leave it there then.
I also thought we had come to an understanding...
Well thank you very much, but I really can't take credit for those statements, see those abbreviations with numbers after them, those are not my statements, those are from a book you should try reading, the Holy Bible. The comments there that I quoted are from the Apostle Paul, they are not my words.
What I find interesting is that clear scriptures Paul wrote saying that he could be cast off are hard to argue with, so what you have to do is find a way to twist it around to try to say that those are my comments and not Pauls. Beleive what you like and say what you like. Misrepresenting me and what I say is nto really important in the schemem of things, I certainly am not perfect, but misrepresenting what Paul wrote that was canonized is something you may wish to consider.
If only you could keep all you know, but go on and grow in the Lord by not stopping with what you have learned! You know that God is holy, we are not, and we are not capable of making ourselves holy by our works. It is called grace. It is God making us holy through His forgiveness and love. But sometimes your mind takes that word beyond what the meaning of it is. We need to be precise, and grace is grace. That is one subject, over and out. It is truth. Now about works. Works have absolutely nothing to do with salvation, that is another subject. But when we are saved it leads us to works. Salvation does not eliminate works. Grace does not eliminate works.Do we come to Christ based on our works of the law? No.
We come to Christ by faith. This is the moment of our first Victory.
If you point people back to the Law and tell them to accomplish it that is not learning the first lesson you should have been taught.
If you did indeed learn the lesson of the schoolmaster why would you go back to follow the shadow?
This is the exact reason why hebrew roots can be dangerous.
Galatians 3:1-2
1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
I don't think you need to spend 8 days celebrating the Feast of Booths to learn lessons about how difficult it is to be cooped up with people while camping.
I just went camping for a week with my beloved husband and by last night, we were quietly trying to not fight about everything that happened. But I knew when I got outraged that Wendy's had "Fresh Made Salads" and I started screaming that the proper grammar was "FreshLY Made Salads" - the ADVERB, modifying the verb made (past participle, I know), that I just needed a good night's sleep and get cleaned up.
Hebrew is a great language to study the Old Testament in. But to have to continually try and meet the requirements of Jewish law????
Christ came to set us free from death and sin, and fulfilled the law.
Do we need to repeat the scriptures verses again?
Christ came to set us free from death and sin, and fulfilled the law.
Do we need to repeat the scriptures verses again?
I don't think you need to spend 8 days celebrating the Feast of Booths to learn lessons about how difficult it is to be cooped up with people while camping.
I just went camping for a week with my beloved husband and by last night, we were quietly trying to not fight about everything that happened. But I knew when I got outraged that Wendy's had "Fresh Made Salads" and I started screaming that the proper grammar was "FreshLY Made Salads" - the ADVERB, modifying the verb made (past participle, I know), that I just needed a good night's sleep and get cleaned up.
Hebrew is a great language to study the Old Testament in. But to have to continually try and meet the requirements of Jewish law????
Christ came to set us free from death and sin, and fulfilled the law.
Do we need to repeat the scriptures verses again?
That's great the way you explained it. Years ago, when I was teaching Sunday School, and holding a revival, I was mentioning the Mosaic Law as a benefit to Spiritual growth. After explaining the benefits of that concept, and saying it was because of the love of God that He has kept those writings intact, I asked the question; "how many here are satisfied with their Spiritual understanding?" An elderly man spoke up and said; "I've been saved for over 20 years, and am still a babe and that's good enough for me." It wasn't too long after that, that the deacons, and pastor of the church prohibited me from saying anything, and ultimately I was expelled for endorsing the validity of the Law and the Prophets.
Matthew 5:17-20 (KJV)
[SUP]17 [/SUP]Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
[SUP]18 [/SUP]For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
[SUP]19 [/SUP]Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
[SUP]20 [/SUP]For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
By not rightly dividing the word of truth, andputting a negative spin on certain parts of the Bible, do we mistakenly putourselves on the same level as the Pharisees? I think it's something toconsider, for they too, denied the original truth of the Mosaic Law.
John 5:45-47 (KJV)
[SUP]45 [/SUP]Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.
[SUP]46 [/SUP]For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.
[SUP]47 [/SUP]But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?
Good scripture, and may I add scripture that I have referred to many a time for those that say the Mosaic law is obsolete should be separated from the grace God.Not all of the Jewish traditions and holidays are in the Bible, but we should follow the ones that are, because they were ordained by GOD HIMSELF and not derived from ungodly things. Almost all of man's holidays were based off of pagan or Wiccan holidays and gods. If anyone who is a Christian still celebrates halloween or watches horror movies, they have issues. Keeping GOD's laws, they are not the laws of the Jews, is not supposed to be easy. We are meant to strive to be like Y'shua, even if we will never be able to live up to those expectations, because GOD commands us to do so.
1 John 2:3-6:
And by this we know that we have known Him, if we keep His commandments. 4. The one who says, "I have known Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him; 5. but whoever keeps His Word, truly the love of GOD would have been completed in him, because we know that we are in Him. 6. The one who says he remains in Him is obligated to walk the same walk just as that one walked.
Oh dear LORD! Both Shiloah and just-me are causing me to be filled with holy laughter. I love you guys so much as my family in Christ!
Hello,
This is my first post on CC. I found this chat after doing a search using the words "hebrew" and "cult". I read page after page of the discussion here.
I was raised in the SBC. My mother was pianist for years. I received The Savior(Jesus) when I was 24. I have studied scripture for 30 years(novice) and have been studying what is being called Hebrew Roots Movement for 4. Even though many people think I know a lot, I know I am just scratching the surface of wisdom.
I have heard many names for this, Sacred Name, Hebrew Roots, Messianic Judaism, whatever, fill in the blank. I call it coming into the truth.
I have been accused of being in a cult because I told people that I found out that the Messiah's name is really Yeshua and the name of the Father was removed from Scripture almost 7000 times and replaced with title "LORD".
I got fired from a job by my Christian employer for wanting to keep the 4th Commandment.
I have been laughed at and shunned by Christians over and over. I've grown some skin over the past 4 years since coming into the knowledge of the true names and that when the "Law" was referred to that meant the Torah(instructions in righteousness).
The main thing I hear from Christians is that because of Jesus' death on the Cross we are "free from the Law".
Proverbs 30:
[SUP]4[/SUP] Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?
[SUP]5[/SUP] Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
[SUP]6[/SUP] Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.
I know who my Creator is and I know his Son. I love him. He is in a marriage covenant with me and with all who believe. We are the Bride. A bride should submit to her husband and love him.
By trying to follow the Commandments I am trying to be a good bride(even though I am a man).
Question, when we repent, what we repenting from? Sin. What is sin? Missing the mark. What mark? Righteousness. What is Torah? Torah means Instruction in righteousness. So, if we say that we are "free from the Law" what does that mean? Does it mean it's now okay to sin. NO! YHWH forbid. What we are free from is the penalty for sin, which is death.
Yeshua said, "...Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled." Mt. 5:18
The heaven and the earth are still here. So is Yeshua a liar? No.
Here is an enormously sad fact; In Mt.7, Yeshua says, "[SUP]22[/SUP] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?[SUP]23[/SUP] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."
Another question, what is iniquity? Sin. In other words, lawlessness. That scripture makes me shake in my boots. I do NOT want to be one of those He says that to. Clearly Yeshua is telling us there will be people who believe they are following Him but are not.
Bottom line is Christians and Jews get very upset when they think you are messing with their Traditions. I have observed that people love and identify themselves with traditions. Myself included. It has been quite a journey for me. People also make snap judgements without studying what is written in the scriptures and known Biblical history.
David
Hello,
This is my first post on CC. I found this chat after doing a search using the words "hebrew" and "cult". I read page after page of the discussion here.
I was raised in the SBC. My mother was pianist for years. I received The Savior(Jesus) when I was 24. I have studied scripture for 30 years(novice) and have been studying what is being called Hebrew Roots Movement for 4. Even though many people think I know a lot, I know I am just scratching the surface of wisdom.
I have heard many names for this, Sacred Name, Hebrew Roots, Messianic Judaism, whatever, fill in the blank. I call it coming into the truth.
I have been accused of being in a cult because I told people that I found out that the Messiah's name is really Yeshua and the name of the Father was removed from Scripture almost 7000 times and replaced with title "LORD".
I got fired from a job by my Christian employer for wanting to keep the 4th Commandment.
I have been laughed at and shunned by Christians over and over. I've grown some skin over the past 4 years since coming into the knowledge of the true names and that when the "Law" was referred to that meant the Torah(instructions in righteousness).
The main thing I hear from Christians is that because of Jesus' death on the Cross we are "free from the Law".
Proverbs 30:
[SUP]4[/SUP] Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?
[SUP]5[/SUP] Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
[SUP]6[/SUP] Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.
I know who my Creator is and I know his Son. I love him. He is in a marriage covenant with me and with all who believe. We are the Bride. A bride should submit to her husband and love him.
By trying to follow the Commandments I am trying to be a good bride(even though I am a man).
Question, when we repent, what we repenting from? Sin. What is sin? Missing the mark. What mark? Righteousness. What is Torah? Torah means Instruction in righteousness. So, if we say that we are "free from the Law" what does that mean? Does it mean it's now okay to sin. NO! YHWH forbid. What we are free from is the penalty for sin, which is death.
Yeshua said, "...Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled." Mt. 5:18
The heaven and the earth are still here. So is Yeshua a liar? No.
Here is an enormously sad fact; In Mt.7, Yeshua says, "[SUP]22[/SUP] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?[SUP]23[/SUP] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."
Another question, what is iniquity? Sin. In other words, lawlessness. That scripture makes me shake in my boots. I do NOT want to be one of those He says that to. Clearly Yeshua is telling us there will be people who believe they are following Him but are not.
Bottom line is Christians and Jews get very upset when they think you are messing with their Traditions. I have observed that people love and identify themselves with traditions. Myself included. It has been quite a journey for me. People also make snap judgements without studying what is written in the scriptures and known Biblical history.
David