Is The Whole Holy Bible

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Is The Whole Holy Bible Non-denominational?

• Total voters

Chatgirl

Sep 26, 2022
Ontario
yes I sure do. Always have. Born Catholic and never went through that phase where I didn't want to go. When we walk into church, many turn and welcome each other. The priest usually stands at the back of the church and welcomes, jokes, talks with people coming in. Half way thru Mass there's a part where we are to welcome each other with a wave (Covid times), before it was a hug or a hand shake. My Bible readings are 3 each Mass, with the priest doing a homily where he explains the readings to us. Love it. Strengthens my faith for sure.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Non-denominational?
The Bible is non-denominational in that it is used by all denominations. At the same time the Catholic and Orthodox bibles are different from Protestant or non-Catholic bibles in that they have added books to the Old Testament.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
The Bibe can't be both "Scripture Alone" and "Non-denominational Alone" at the same time.
?????

The Bible is Scripture. The Bible does not promote any denomination. Denominations are not a Biblical construct.

Mofastus

May 23, 2019
go stand in the corner

shame Mofastus. shame. don't you even understand a simple holy whole poll?

this op and the alt runners of the same origin, are the closest thing we have to a black hole and therefore, they are science!
Imagine that!

RaceRunner

Oct 13, 2022
The Bible is non-denominational in that it is used by all denominations. At the same time the Catholic and Orthodox bibles are different from Protestant or non-Catholic bibles in that they have added books to the Old Testament.
When did this happen?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
yes I sure do. Always have. Born Catholic and never went through that phase where I didn't want to go. When we walk into church, many turn and welcome each other. The priest usually stands at the back of the church and welcomes, jokes, talks with people coming in. Half way thru Mass there's a part where we are to welcome each other with a wave (Covid times), before it was a hug or a hand shake. My Bible readings are 3 each Mass, with the priest doing a homily where he explains the readings to us. Love it. Strengthens my faith for sure.
I was born and raised a Catholic but haven't been to mass in years. I have attended church services in a few other denominations but, interestingly enough, although I don't agree with a lot of Catholic doctrines, that church is the only one that I felt at peace with while attending mass.

P

Polar

I already told you, non-denominational.
so non denom to you means you do whatever

got it

I don't find you believable at all. you really are just messing with people here as a number have already said

just pressing the ignore button now :)

Ted01

May 14, 2022
It means Christian waiters and waitresses are in good shape.
Well, I do thank God for Christian waiter's and waitresses LOL.
Where would the world be without them!!

Never-the-less, the posted verses seem to imply that there were denominations even it Jesus' day.
His answer was basically, "Yeah? Good." lol

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Because "Scripture Alone" and "Non-denominational are two different concepts; if both these concepts are alone, they can't happen at the same time.
That's nonsensical. The two are not in contradiction with each other. If your assertion were sound, you could be "male alone" OR "human alone" but not both.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
When did this happen?
The OT Apocrypha was incorporated into the Septuagint (Greek translation of the OT) around 200 BC. The Greek Orthodox Church accepted ten of those book as part of the OT. However, when Jerome translated the Bible into the Latin Vulgate, he made seven of those books a part of the Old Testament (under duress). Then the Catholic Church made that its official bible through the Council of Trent. So the Catholic OT looks like this:

OLD TESTAMENT
Genesis
Exodus
Leviticus
Numbers
Deuteronomy
Joshua
Judges
Ruth
1 Samuel
2 Samuel
1 Kings
2 Kings
1 Chronicles
2 Chronicles
Ezra
Nehemiah
Tobit
Judith

Esther
Job
Psalms
Proverbs
Ecclesiastes
Song of Solomon
Wisdom
Sirach (Ecclesiasticus)

Isaiah
Jeremiah
Lamentations
Baruch
Ezekiel
Daniel
Hosea
Joel
Amos
Obadiah
Jonah
Micah
Nahum
Habakkuk
Zephaniah
Haggai
Zechariah
Malachi
1 Maccabees
2 Maccabees

RaceRunner

Oct 13, 2022
The OT Apocrypha was incorporated into the Septuagint (Greek translation of the OT) around 200 BC. The Greek Orthodox Church accepted ten of those book as part of the OT. However, when Jerome translated the Bible into the Latin Vulgate, he made seven of those books a part of the Old Testament (under duress). Then the Catholic Church made that its official bible through the Council of Trent. So the Catholic OT looks like this:

OLD TESTAMENT
Genesis
Exodus
Leviticus
Numbers
Deuteronomy
Joshua
Judges
Ruth
1 Samuel
2 Samuel
1 Kings